Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,826 Posts
Hi RP22,

Probably few people have responded because few have any experience of your problem. Wind noise is generally caused by air turbulence and the sound will penetrate into the cabin of any/most vehicles to a greater or lesser extent depending on design and quality of fit of the various components.

I suggest you contact your dealer and arrange to have a drive in another T-Roc for comparison. If that confirms that the wind noise in your car is clearly worse, then the dealer needs to examine the door in detail.

This would need to check that the door is correctly hung and that all the rubber seals are correctly fitted. Following that would be inspection of the window rubbers and guides, and possibly even the interior of the door behind the trim panel, where there might be some sound deadening material. The fitting of the door mirror would also have to be checked to ensure it is tight and any rubber seals between the mirror and the door are fitted correclty.

One other possibility is that the door window is not going fully up into the top channel and may need adjustment.

It is very much an inspection and trial and error approach, as you have already found from your own experiments, and the problem may lie in an area that is not readily visible. I can't see what else you can do besides what I've suggested above.

·
Super Moderator
2,826 Posts
Strange that there should be so many magazine & press reports of wind noise being a problem.

I did a search of the forum and there are only maybe 2 or 3 topics in which wind noise is discussed, but not as the main subject. Impressions seem to be split 50-50 between very little and some noise from A-pillars or door mirror, but nothing major like you have described. Maybe you have very acute hearing and percieve this more than others.

Regarding service bulletins and TPIs, I don't think these are available to the public although, as you will find if you look at today's posts in the Kangaroo thread, they can sometimes fall into someone's hands. Your dealer should be able to chack and will surely inform you if any relate to wind noise.

·
Super Moderator
2,826 Posts
Have you tried turning the switch to fold the mirrors in to see if the noise level changes ? Not sure if you can even do that when the car is in gear and moving :?

·
Super Moderator
2,826 Posts
@RP22 - it would be better if you could go along to a showroom and inspect a mk2 yourself, take some pics, and compare. Relying on someone else's opinion might not be much help.

·
Super Moderator
2,826 Posts
No audible warning but the steering wheel motor pulls against you and vibrates to warn you if you try to change lanes while it thinks there’s a car there.
How would the driver distinguish that from Lane Assist, which many will know is prone to false 'alerts' and ignore ?

Reactions: Vernerbongo2
1 - 5 of 5 Posts