Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG 650bhp stage 12 tune
1,867 Posts
The lane assist does not vibrate when you use the indicators so I would expect when you indicate and it vibrates there is a car there?
You’re absolutely right, I forgot about the indicator condition.

Reactions: the technician

·
Registered
490 Posts
Hello Seal, what a detailed answer, thank you. Just out of curiosity, do you know if the footprint of the new types of wing mirror is exactly the same as in the Mark I? I am just musing about whether changing my Mark I type to Mark II type would be worth it. We have a black pearlescent SEL with the winter pack. Would features like the ability to control them from the joystick, heating,and indeed matching the colour so they look the same as the rest of the car, would all these things be ok, do you know? Just musing really, and I have no idea how much it would cost.
RP22,you can replace the old mirrors with the new mirrors, it's plug and play, the new mirror has the same holes for the screws and the same plug and you can have the options you have in your mark1 mirror, what changes is the shape of the cover, more aerodynamic, the blind spot which is now not on the mirror but on the mirror's armor and the light it has to illuminate the floor

Automotive lighting Automotive design Bumper Gadget Grey
Gadget Automotive design Font Circle Audio equipment
Brown Grey Tints and shades Pattern Beige
Font Symbol Electric blue Wood Automotive exterior

two floor lighting options

Reactions: twist and Impala

·
Registered
490 Posts
I prefer the new method, should catch your attention better.
I've never had it, does it have an audible warning as well?
If not, it should have 😏
no sound

Reactions: Vernerbongo2

·
Registered
490 Posts
No audible warning but the steering wheel motor pulls against you and vibrates to warn you if you try to change lanes while it thinks there’s a car there.

Can’t decide which would be better. Probably have to test the new one first but I like the light on the glass because you’re already looking directly at the glass so in my mind, you should notice it better than a light on the housing, no? Unless maybe it flashes? I don’t know.
Twist the new one is better,and much more intuitive which reinforces security

Reactions: twist
61 - 64 of 64 Posts