Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just enquired at my dealer about winter wheel and tyre package for TRoc (I have SEL) as I know Audi offer discounted packages when you buy a new car my Dad was £500 for set for his Q3 and this is the reply I got from my dealer....

VW do not have any winter wheel packages in the UK for the T-roc at the moment so I can not give you an accurate price or delivery date.

As for winter tyres our suppliers don't list anything for your tyre size (215/50/18) other than normal tyres.

Given the T Roc has been launched in Europe where winter tyres are law I find this unacceptable that the U.K. doesn't even get a tyre option from VW

Has anyone sourced winter wheels/ tyres if so size and price?

·
Registered
67 Posts
For our Tiguan I bought some winter tyres c/w alloy wheels a few years ago from MyTyres.co.uk but I noted the other day that they don't list anything for the T-Roc (yet). That said, I am half hoping that the same wheels & tyres will fit on the T-Roc too.

The T-Roc we have ordered have 18" Arlo rims, with (I think) 215/50 R18 92W tyres.

The Tiguan winter tyres I have are (5 stud) Type 5N 103kW, 7.00 x 16 (LK 5/112, OS35) alloys, c/w 215/65/R16 98T tyres. Running these tyres through a comparison website they are 1.9% bigger in circumference, so I am hopeful - but not yet certain that they will fit the T-Roc too.

I will wait until the new car is delivered to see how I get on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
When I orderd the T-Roc the dealer recommended to use winter tires in the size 225/45/18 there is a better choice of tire in that size and also this size is cheaper.

Here in Norway there are only 2 brands you could buy in 215 so I ordered with 225 on black rims.. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I Think You location should influenser You choice of winter tyres. For climates like The South of UK like here in DK, the important criterium is cold wet performance, not so Munch snow. In Norway, Real Winther tyres, which are good in snow and Can be fitted With chains. Tha means 205/60/17, As they are the only size that Can be fitted With chains On the T-Roc.

Wide 225/45 tyres are not As good in snow As the taler sidewall, narrower tyres. They Can not be usted With chains.

My choice was a modern all year tyre, good in summer dry and wet and good in cold wet conditions, but not quite As good in snow As dedicated Winther tyres. See Bülow for specs.

All MQB 1 platform VW wheels have the same bolt spacing - 5 - 105 mm, and the offsets are very close. So Tiguan, Yeti etc. Wheels should be OK.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nobody living in Norway is using snow chains.. only the Danish when they come over.. ;) ;)
We use good winter tires, with or without spikes.
The 1 cm wider tires do not make a difference in snow.

·
Registered
68 Posts
joep said:
Nobody living in Norway is using snow chains.. only the Danish when they come over.. ;) ;)
We use good winter tires, with or without spikes.
The 1 cm wider tires do not make a difference in snow.
The readers in this forum are mostly in the UK, and some ski in the Alps. There are many places there, where you must use chains - or not go skiing. Other han that, I am in full agreement. But here in DK, cold and wet are much more important than snow and mountains.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Agerbundsen said:
All MQB 1 platform VW wheels have the same bolt spacing - 5 - 105 mm, and the offsets are very close. So Tiguan, Yeti etc. Wheels should be OK.
My search on google shows the PCD or bolt spacing as 5 X 112 and centre bore as 57.1, same as is used across much of the VW range.

I own a set of steel wheels with winter tyres. They came off a VW Touran. I've used them for 5 winters on a MK7 golf and they are same fitment for the Tiguan.

I will double check the offset, but am confident they will be used next winter on my T Roc. They are 16" but as well as the grip and safety, they save the finish on my 18" Arlo alloys

·
Registered
68 Posts
Betty Swollocks said:
Agerbundsen said:
My search on google shows the PCD or bolt spacing as 5 X 112 and centre bore as 57.1, same as is used across much of the VW range.

I own a set of steel wheels with winter tyres. They came off a VW Touran. I've used them for 5 winters on a MK7 golf and they are same fitment for the Tiguan.

I will double check the offset, but am confident they will be used next winter on my T Roc. They are 16" but as well as the grip and safety, they save the finish on my 18" Arlo alloys
When you get as old as I am, memory fails at times. Your PCD is correct, and the conclusion that there is a general fit across the MQB 1 platform is correct. That applies not just to VW but also to Skoda and Seat. If Audi is different, I do not know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts