Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone taken delivery of a WLTP tested car yet? . If so which derivative, engine, specification car have you got.

What are the WLTP & RDE emission & fuel consumption results for the car and how do they compare to the previous C02 emissions class EURO6 procedures etc

My pre-September 1st 2018 T-Roc 1.5 petrol, manual, 150ps Design stats are:

CO2 - 121g/k
CO - 0.247g/km
HC - 0.028g/km
NOx - 0.027g/km

Fuel Economy NEDC test:

Urban - 42.8 mpg
Extra Urban - 61.4 mpg
Combined - 53.3 mpg

See this link for an interesting explanation of the new WLTP & RDE regime.

https://www.nextgreencar.com/news/8155/tougher-emissions-tests-come-into-force/

Note also that every car will have it's own personal set of figures.

·
Registered
164 Posts
No answer for you JAMCT, but just commenting this is a really good question. I will await replies with interest. Curious to know if anyone has yet taken delivery of a WLTP tested 1.5 DSG, or when we can expect the first.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Mine is a 1.0 and registered 03/09/2018
with the following readings taken from the V5C/3
V Exhaust Emissions
CO (g/km or g/kWh). 0.393
HC (g/km or g/kWh). 0.064
NOx (g/km or g/kWh) 0.029

I thought I would put these on here, to start a comparison table.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mvk said:
Mine is a 1.0 and registered 03/09/2018
with the following readings taken from the V5C/3
V Exhaust Emissions
CO (g/km or g/kWh). 0.393
HC (g/km or g/kWh). 0.064
NOx (g/km or g/kWh) 0.029

I thought I would put these on here, to start a comparison table.
Thanks for that. I assume your figures are PRE-WLTP. If not please confirm.

·
Registered
234 Posts
When I ordered my car I was told that I could not have it until after 01/09/2018 because of the new figures. I will give the garage a ring and ask where mine stands, is it old or new figures on my registration?

·
Registered
234 Posts
just spoke to the garage and I was told as it is a new engine. This is the new figure and that is all he has ever had. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mvk said:
just spoke to the garage and I was told as it is a new engine. This is the new figure and that is all he has ever had. I hope this helps.
Thanks for update. I think it will help everyone to know the fact that the new WLTP tested T-Rocs have finally arrived in the UK since many purchase orders are months behind schedule.

However you have given details of the emissions so can you please confirm the Fuel Economy figures as well :?:

Also when you change your T-Roc in the future you will be specifying it as WLTP tested vehicle for those tech-minded enough to ask the question :geek:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Official fuel consumption
manual gearbox,
mpg/ltr per 100km (06)

Urban 46.3/6.1 (06)
Extra-urban 62.8/4.5 (06)
Combined 55.4/5.1 (06)

Registered on 03/09/2018

Here are the figures I was given to use. There were no brochures at the time I ordered mine which was about 25/07/2018. I was told that I could download a brochure from the internet on the VW site. I have been told that these (like those I posted above) are the only figures they have ever had and this engine has specked up to the latest requirements.
Presumably, this 1.0 TSI engine being new, was to the released to the WLTP specification.

06) Fuel consumption and CO2 figures are obtained under standardised EU test conditions (Directive 93/116/
EEC). This allows a direct comparison between different manufacturer models but may not represent the
actual fuel consumption and CO2 emissions achieved in 'real world' driving conditions. More information is
available on the Volkswagen website at www.volkswagen.co.uk and at www.dft.gov.uk/vca. CO2 is the main
greenhouse gas responsible for global warming. This information should be used for illustration purposes
only. Choosing larger alloy wheels than standard may result in increased fuel consumption as well as higher
CO2 emissions and subsequently increased Vehicle Excise Duty (VED) band, and BIK rates paid for company
car drivers will increase. In some instances, the 'On the road' cost paid for the vehicle may increase as a
result of the increased VED rate. The specifications contained in this brochure are for information purposes
only and are subject to change.

Regarding wheel sizes. 16" 17" 18" as far as I can see should not alter these figures and smaller wheels have deeper profile tyres, and larger wheels have lower profile tyre. Thus making the overall wheel size the same when on the road.

·
Registered
234 Posts
http://inside.volkswagen.com/New-WLTP-Test-the-challenges.html

To me, this hints that new vehicles are not in the showroom at this time.
Up to now, I have not come across anything on the gov.uk.com site to show new figures for any VW cars. I will keep looking.

It seems strange to me that I was told that even if my car was here I could not register it until September 01 2018 because the new test figures would not be legal until then. So I assumed that this car of mine would comply with the new figures. Even so, the car will not change in any way. But the new figure will show a different result to the old figures. It all seems a bit odd to me. I will keep digging, and let you know of anything I can find out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts