Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
TROC R 2022 Black Pearl
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I鈥榙 try a few various DIY wrapping options on my R. Pretty definite I鈥檒l leave the roof rails as they are - but still not sure whether I prefer the side chrome strip fully done, part done or even left alone馃

Any views welcome + it鈥檚 just as easy to take off as put on and only cost about 拢10 in materials.

Option 1 = left alone
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Option 2 = just wrapped the back part to coincide with the privacy glass
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window
E

Option 3 = full length cover
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Plant

Registered
I鈥檓 not a big fan of chrome type trim and I personally think it would look best all covered, so give it go, as you say you can always take it off.
Just on a separate note the blue brake callipers show up well on the new T roc. 馃憤

Reactions: Caster

Super Moderator
If you want it like a Black Edition, then option 3 but you might need to wrap the door mirrors too.

Otherwise option 1 (leave it alone), but definitely NOT option 2.

Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG 650bhp stage 12 tune
Who was it that black wrapped all their chrome on an Indium grey one? I vaguely remember that looking awesome. I wanted to get it done on mine (partly to cover all the weird chemical water spots on the chrome trim toward the back that won鈥檛 come off).

Registered
Thought I鈥榙 try a few various DIY wrapping options on my R. Pretty definite I鈥檒l leave the roof rails as they are - but still not sure whether I prefer the side chrome strip fully done, part done or even left alone馃

Any views welcome + it鈥檚 just as easy to take off as put on and only cost about 拢10 in materials.

Option 1 = left alone
View attachment 4450

Option 2 = just wrapped the back part to coincide with the privacy glass
View attachment 4451 E

Option 3 = full length cover
View attachment 4452
Option 1 definitely!!

Registered
Option 1 - That's a great looking car.
Option 2 - No, just NO !
Option 3 - Not to my taste ..... I think it looks dull.
I think that the T-Roc has just about the right amount of chrome to accentuate its fine lines. I say leave it alone.

Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
Who was it that black wrapped all their chrome on an Indium grey one? I vaguely remember that looking awesome. I wanted to get it done on mine (partly to cover all the weird chemical water spots on the chrome trim toward the back that won鈥檛 come off).
You never answered the original question 馃馃槒馃し鈥嶁檪锔忦煓

@vw.thomas is that chap you're referring to with the indium grey & fully de-chromed.
He also has his wheel arches colour coded, possibly the lower sills too 馃

You might want to de-chrome your two tone horn as well?
Oh that's right, you still have a single tone horn at the minute 馃ぃ馃槀馃し鈥嶁檪锔忦煓堭煠

Registered
TROC R 2022 Black Pearl
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Many thanks to everyone for your views + it looks like the original look is the favoured option.

I did quite enjoy the work to wrap it though as I鈥檓 getting on a bit now and it took me back to my younger days when I was always putting some stickers or wrap on my motors etc! Plus, I let the dog travel in the back seat so have to wrap the door entrance sill part so she doesn鈥檛 scratch it when getting in etc and therefore I usually have some wrap handy.

Think I鈥檒l stick with it for a little while and have a definite 鈥渙ne off鈥 motor - then perhaps bow to Forum opinion and go back to the smarter chrome look. Mind you, I could always have a go at the roof bars then!

Ian91 - cheers for the blue caliper comment. They really stood out for me in the showroom and I wasn鈥檛 too sure about them but now I sort of take them for granted + quite happy with them.
Maybe I could try wrapping the chrome strips blue to match the calipers - only joking! 馃槀

Thanks again for all your comments - much appreciated 馃憤

Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
@Caster, its down to personal taste not what we members think.
If you like it stick with it & as you've said it's done so you might as well run with it for a while 馃憣

Registered
TROC R 2022 Black Pearl
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks @Vernerbongo2 - TBF, I鈥檓 50/50 with it wrapped or unwrapped. The Good Lady I think prefers the latter although she was happy I had a project to get me out of the house for a while!

As you say, I鈥檒l stick with it wrapped for a while and then see how the mood takes me馃憤

Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG 650bhp stage 12 tune
You never answered the original question 馃馃槒馃し鈥嶁檪锔忦煓

@vw.thomas is that chap you're referring to with the indium grey & fully de-chromed.
He also has his wheel arches colour coded, possibly the lower sills too 馃

You might want to de-chrome your two tone horn as well?
Oh that's right, you still have a single tone horn at the minute 馃ぃ馃槀馃し鈥嶁檪锔忦煓堭煠
You know I don鈥檛 actually think it was his I was thinking of. There was one before him and it was only an R-line or SEL. I think he had only done the chrome strips along the side and possibly the front one. I could manage wrapping I think鈥 馃お

Also they need to add a middle finger response option to the like button on this forum.

Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
  • Haha
Reactions: twist
1 - 19 of 19 Posts