Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
TROC R 2022 Black Pearl
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I‘d try a few various DIY wrapping options on my R. Pretty definite I’ll leave the roof rails as they are - but still not sure whether I prefer the side chrome strip fully done, part done or even left alone🤔

Any views welcome + it’s just as easy to take off as put on and only cost about £10 in materials.

Option 1 = left alone
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Option 2 = just wrapped the back part to coincide with the privacy glass
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window
E

Option 3 = full length cover
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
TROC R 2022 Black Pearl
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Many thanks to everyone for your views + it looks like the original look is the favoured option.

I did quite enjoy the work to wrap it though as I’m getting on a bit now and it took me back to my younger days when I was always putting some stickers or wrap on my motors etc! Plus, I let the dog travel in the back seat so have to wrap the door entrance sill part so she doesn’t scratch it when getting in etc and therefore I usually have some wrap handy.

Think I’ll stick with it for a little while and have a definite “one off” motor - then perhaps bow to Forum opinion and go back to the smarter chrome look. Mind you, I could always have a go at the roof bars then!

Ian91 - cheers for the blue caliper comment. They really stood out for me in the showroom and I wasn’t too sure about them but now I sort of take them for granted + quite happy with them.
Maybe I could try wrapping the chrome strips blue to match the calipers - only joking! 😂

Thanks again for all your comments - much appreciated 👍

·
Registered
TROC R 2022 Black Pearl
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks @Vernerbongo2 - TBF, I’m 50/50 with it wrapped or unwrapped. The Good Lady I think prefers the latter although she was happy I had a project to get me out of the house for a while!

As you say, I’ll stick with it wrapped for a while and then see how the mood takes me👍

1 - 3 of 3 Posts