Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But it does mean removal of the subwoofer, the mini compressor and liquid.. I must admit that without the subwoofer I can't really tell the difference and when the original tires need changing I'll replace them with run flats.. and the tow bar can be left in my garage when the trailer is not in use... the difference in boot space is incredible...

Car Vehicle Trunk Motor vehicle Plant
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Alloy wheel Steering part
Air gun Automotive exterior Trigger Bumper Shotgun
Wood Automotive design Gas Machine Audio equipment
Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Automotive design Grey
Grey Automotive design Vehicle door Motor vehicle Personal luxury car
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle registration plate
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle registration plate
Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate

Attachments

·
Registered
985 Posts
Interesting - but where have you put the puncture liquid and compressor instead (surely you want to carry though in case of a flat?)

Personally I hate the liquid, and carry a Stop and Go Puncture repair kit
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycle-Pocket-Plugger-Tubeless-Tyre-Puncture-Repair-Kit/142889465608?hash=item2144e03708:g:ZyMAAOSw2IVbYFsL:rk:11:pf:0

These are brilliant and work on Trucks, cars and motorcycles. I repaired a puncture on my RSQ3 and also on my motorcycle with one, and they worked perfectly with no subsequent air loss. Very small to carry as well, like a pencil case.

Regards run-flat tyres - understand where you are coming from, but from my experience of run flat tyres, whilst they work, they are both very noisy on the road and much more expensive than normal tyres. The STop and Go kit - used in conjunction with the compressor of course! might be worth considering

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information regarding the stop and go kit.. Normally I will use the upper level as the boot is only used for a couple of shopping trips a week but on the odd occasion we need more I have a smallish plastic box that everything fit in.. the compressor is only small...
Regarding the run-flats I've used them for years and don't really have a problem with them..
I'll let you know when I fit the the RaceChip.. + today or tomorrow mud flaps will arrive from VW..
Have fun...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Really helpful this; I'll get a puncture repair kit for when we need the extra space; ie mountain trips.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Dropped the boot down yesterday, I don't have sub in boot but do have space saver. Literally a two minute job; transforms the boot into what it should be at the outset

·
Registered
985 Posts
Bopper said:
With this stop go repair surely you need a compressor to reinflate your tyre?
Yes you do, as I said in my response above. You can pick up a genuine VAG portable compressor from eBay quite cheaply which do the job (these are the compressors supplied by VAG group for models across the VAG range which come with gel rather than a spare wheel as standard), just search on eBay for "VW Tyre Compressor". They work perfectly well (I had one of these for the 20"tyres on my RSQ3, and they inflated the tyre in no time at all when I had a puncture)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.