Clementine's updates

Post pictures of your Volkswagen T-Roc here
doggy

Re: Clementine's updates

Post by doggy » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:22 pm

vernerbongo2 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:44 pm
IMG_20200608_215609.jpg
Wait, what??? How did you do that? I like! :-)
182_blue wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:20 am
Does covering the from badge affect the front radar?
No, not at all. Haven't had any issues with it, and I have it covered for 2+ months and 2,500-3,000 km. :)
NL: T-Roc 2.0 TSI Sport, R-Line, Energetic Orange. 260hp, de-chromed, Pretoria black rims, Eibach Pro-Kit, valve exhaust
GR: Polo 6N (was 1050cc), 1.6 16v, GT28BB, Lancia Delta Integralle ECU. Ferrari red, custom interior
GR: Ibiza 101hp the holiday car

Deleted User 925

Post by Deleted User 925 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:55 pm

doggy wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:22 pm

Wait, what??? How did you do that? I like! :-)
:lol: :lol: :lol: looks alright I bet vw do it?

Not sure if it would work in with the line from back door but worth a look?
Obviously a wrap if it doesn't work out ;)
More money :lol:

Steve

Post by Steve » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:43 pm

Did you paint your calipers yourself ?
1.5 TSI EVO SE Energetic Orange.Black roof and roof rails.Black mirrors.Dechromed.Lane assist.Tinted front and rear lights.Black satin wheels

doggy

Post by doggy » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:37 pm

Steve wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:43 pm
No, I had the company that did the wrapping of the silver details to do it. The results are nice but in all honesty I should had waited till I went for the ceramic coating, so that I'd have them painted in the chassis colour (the detailers have a painter who customized my rear bumper and badge)

And here's a picture from today, after a touchless wash I did in a wash-box.

IMG_20200620_162956.jpg

NL: T-Roc 2.0 TSI Sport, R-Line, Energetic Orange. 260hp, de-chromed, Pretoria black rims, Eibach Pro-Kit, valve exhaust
GR: Polo 6N (was 1050cc), 1.6 16v, GT28BB, Lancia Delta Integralle ECU. Ferrari red, custom interior

Steve

Post by Steve » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:13 pm

doggy wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:37 pm
Steve wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:43 pm
No, I had the company that did the wrapping of the silver details to do it. The results are nice but in all honesty I should had waited till I went for the ceramic coating, so that I'd have them painted in the chassis colour (the detailers have a painter who customized my rear bumper and badge)

And here's a picture from today, after a touchless wash I did in a wash-box.

IMG_20200620_162956.jpg
Looks great. I am thinking of doing the same to mine.
1.5 TSI EVO SE Energetic Orange.Black roof and roof rails.Black mirrors.Dechromed.Lane assist.Tinted front and rear lights.Black satin wheels

doggy

Post by doggy » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:20 am

Steve wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:13 pm
Looks great. I am thinking of doing the same to mine.
I'd suggest go with the chassis color, unless if you want red.
It will be a bit more expensive (for the color) but it will worth it. Mine are painted orange but not color matched and it's too expensive to sand them and redo them. I'll just wait till I go for bigger brakes :mrgreen:

Steve

Post by Steve » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:43 pm

Hi Doggy.You have inspired me to do mine.I have had all the chrome painted black except the front badge as i was advised not to have it covered as it may affect the sensor.I have had the T-ROC letters removed from the rear.Next job is to have the wheels powder coated and lights tinted.Did you go for the gloss on the wheels and did you do the lights yourself.

doggy

Post by doggy » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:10 pm

Steve wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:43 pm
Hi Doggy.You have inspired me to do mine.I have had all the chrome painted black except the front badge as i was advised not to have it covered as it may affect the sensor.I have had the T-ROC letters removed from the rear.Next job is to have the wheels powder coated and lights tinted.Did you go for the gloss on the wheels and did you do the lights yourself.
Hi Steve!
Shoot, I hadn't seen the mail with your post. :)

So, glad to have inspired you. :-) I won't feel alone in these extreme things I do :lol:
For the front badge, I had it wrapped with 3M foil and the radar works like a charm.
And FWIW, I've placed an order with https://kliimw.com/ for a custom made front badge wrap with the car's color. I've paid for a spare part + the colour matching; they had to order a part from Europe, painted in the Energetic Orange colour code and a rear badge as I wanted to make also some rear badge fillings in different designs (though I painted mine already in the car's colour).

So they will make a custom front wrap for me. For the total black, I know that there are already some on e-bay that are for our T-Roc and they are exactly like mine.

As for your question about the rims, I went for the gloss black. And with regards to the front lights, a store did it for me, though I saw the process and it isn't really that hard to do it yourself. As long as you have a steady hand to work with the knife and cut the edges and have a heat gun handy for the proper fitting, you should be good to do it yourself.

doggy

Post by doggy » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:46 pm

More updates...
Clementine / Mantarinis (in Greek) 2 weeks ago went for a raceline turbo muffler delete and a raceline 90 turbo intake elbow install along with a stage 1 ecu remap.
New numbers: ~260hp and 430nm.

IMG_20200717_111133.jpg

And on the day after went for 19" black gloss rims shopping, but despite the trials I didn't like any of the ones that could have the OEM VW logo hub caps (I want to keep those self-leveling ones).

e.jpg

d.jpg

c.jpg

b.jpg

a.jpg

All the rims I really liked couldn't get the OEM VW logo cap (65mm outer diameter, 54 inner), and even though I loved the BROCK B38 I ended up asking them for anything that looks like either the BROCK B38 or the Pretoria and can come in black gloss.
I'm waiting for them to get some sets of the DRC DGR (branded "inspired" from the pretoria) or any other one that looks like that and I'll pay the shop another visit in the coming 2 weeks. The specific store also wants to buy my powder coated 18" Sebring wheels at a good-ish price which makes it even nicer for me.

Deleted User 925

Post by Deleted User 925 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:08 pm

doggy wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:46 pm
raceline turbo muffler delete and a raceline 90 turbo intake elbow install along with a stage 1 ecu remap.

19" black gloss rims shopping.
Great stuff doggy :P

Wouldn't be easy picking a set of new alloy wheels :?