Drivers door won’t lock with key fob. The start stop also doesn’t work , it states my door is open when it’s closed .

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen T-Roc
Beatle67

Drivers door won’t lock with key fob. The start stop also doesn’t work , it states my door is open when it’s closed .

Post by Beatle67 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:18 pm

Drivers door seems to be causing problems , 1 . It doesn’t lock with key fob , 2. start stop isn’t working due to it states drivers door not closed when it is , 3 . Opened drivers door isn’t showing up on virtual dash .

Hawkeye

Re: Drivers door won’t lock with key fob. The start stop also doesn’t work , it states my door is open when it’s closed

Post by Hawkeye » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:32 pm

Clearly there is a fault. I believe you can lock the door using the key but you have to prise off the cover on the outside of the door handle (look underneath towards the rear of the door handle on the drivers side and there is a small slot for the key to fit into. Just check how you prise it off to get to the key lock in the handbook, I think it pings off, but don't quote me on that.

But before trying that, just check that the button that operates the interior light from the door isn't jammed or catching - it will somewhere down the front interior edge.
R-Line 2.0TSi DSG 4MOTION
Silver White with Black Roof
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist
Driver Assistance Pack Plus

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19

Impala

Re: Drivers door won’t lock with key fob. The start stop also doesn’t work , it states my door is open when it’s closed

Post by Impala » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:28 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:32 pm
Clearly there is a fault. I believe you can lock the door using the key but you have to prise off the cover on the outside of the door handle (look underneath towards the rear of the door handle on the drivers side and there is a small slot for the key to fit into. Just check how you prise it off to get to the key lock in the handbook, I think it pings off, but don't quote me on that.

But before trying that, just check that the button that operates the interior light from the door isn't jammed or catching - it will somewhere down the front interior edge.
Further to Hawkeye's suggestion, also check to see if the interior light switches off and on when pressing/releasing the button and closing/opening the driver's door, as there could be a wiring or fuse issue.
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

RedRoc

Post by RedRoc » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:57 pm

All should work and there is obviously a fault. Best thing to do is take it back to the dealer. Simples...
T-Roc 1.0 SE Flash Red -

mvk

Post by mvk » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:07 am

What a blessing that the start/stop is not working. I have disabled mine, it makes the car far better to use in traffic, rather than having to keep pressing that override button each time you get in the car to drive.
1.0 TSI SE Special solid - Pure white

mvk

Post by mvk » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:12 am

Beatle67 wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:18 pm
Drivers door seems to be causing problems, 1. It doesn’t lock with a key fob, 2. start-stop isn’t working due to it states drivers door not closed when it is. 3. Opened drivers door isn’t showing up on the virtual dash.
It seems like the door sensor is at fault here. There is no visible door switch, so I assume it is a sensor that they use.
1.0 TSI SE Special solid - Pure white

Newtroconthebloc

Post by Newtroconthebloc » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:21 pm

mvk wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:07 am
What a blessing that the start/stop is not working. I have disabled mine, it makes the car far better to use in traffic, rather than having to keep pressing that override button each time you get in the car to drive.
Oh yes, pressing that override button is such a chore. It’s what your left arm’s for isn’t it.
But I’ve got an idea, just leave it on so the engine stops when you’re stationary. Much better for everyone.!
1.5 SEL Petrol Manual Ravenna blue Sport pack power tailgate park assist reverse camera lumbar support (ordered 11 06 18) build w/c 1/10/18|at the dealers |collecting Thursday 3rd January 19.
Rejected Aug 19.

Clubchamp98

Post by Clubchamp98 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:29 pm

Newtroconthebloc wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:21 pm
mvk wrote:
Oh yes, pressing that override button is such a chore. It’s what your left arm’s for isn’t it.
But I’ve got an idea, just leave it on so the engine stops when you’re stationary. Much better for everyone.!
That’s a problem though because in mine it stops before I am stationary.

Impala

Post by Impala » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:00 pm

Clubchamp98 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:29 pm
Newtroconthebloc wrote:
mvk wrote:
Even better ... but I think it starts again if you take your foot off the brake while still moving, otherwise you would stop :lol:
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

brid

Post by brid » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:55 pm

Impala wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:00 pm
Clubchamp98 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:29 pm
Newtroconthebloc wrote:

Even better ... but I think it starts again if you take your foot off the brake while still moving, otherwise you would stop :lol:
Having yesterday spent 2 hours sat on a autovía whilst a bus burnt to ashes and the debris was removed I know how this thing works for me and it is not too many times before it packs up working due to power shortages or the temp is too high inside or any number of different parameters.
However, back to the plot. Mine does not appear to work in this manner at all. ie, stopping before stationary.
I can come to a standstill maintaining the bare minimum of brake effort and the engine will continue to run. When a firmer more definite brake pressure is applied, like an extra push, the engine then stops and remains stopped (ignoring other parameters) until the brake pedal is released when it fires up before you hit the throttle. Strange these differences.
Wife will not have it on at all, auto brake off, stop/start off and radio muted then a blissful smile. Strange creatures are they not. :?
Sport 2.0 TDI 150 CV DSG7 Gris Urano, Grange Hill R18 Silver, Sports Pack, Safety Pack, Rebel Pack, Discover Media, Keyless, Panoramic Roof.
Collected 12-06 2019