T-Roc 4 Wheel Drive option?

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen T-Roc
Dressie

T-Roc 4 Wheel Drive option?

Post by Dressie » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:02 am

Entry-level versions will be front-wheel drive only, but it’s likely VW will make its 4MOTION four-wheel-drive system available on higher-spec diesel versions. In the Tiguan, more than 70 per cent of models sold in the UK are ordered with four-wheel drive.

BrainW29

Re: T-Roc 4 Wheel Drive option?

Post by BrainW29 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:04 am

I was just reading on this. I am glad that they will have the options available if you decide to spend more. It is something I have always thought to be a good feature for a car in spite never actually owning one.

deftonkorn

Post by deftonkorn » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:32 pm

The 2.0 Petrol is available as 4motion, and also in diesel, but you lose trunk space in this configuration.

hafman

Post by hafman » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:53 pm

We had 4WD on the Tiguan - which is being replaced by a 2WD T-Roc. But I will have some winter tyres to help improve grip in the winter.

There are some interesting videos on YouTube showing the comparative merits of 4WD c/w summer tyres and 2WD c/w winter tyres. Worth a watch if you are undecided which transmission to go for.
Cancelled due to excessive wait: T-Roc 1.5L TSI, DSG, 2WD, Atlantic Blue, Quart/Ceramic leather, heated steering wheel, electric tailgate, winter pack, rear view camera.

Agerbundsen

Post by Agerbundsen » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:26 am

With your location in SE UK, a real snow winter should be a rarity. we have a similar climate here in DK, so my analysis ( after 9 years with 4WD Yeti's ) has been to equip the T-Roc with the new Michelin Cross Climate all year tyres. They do well in both cold and warm wet conditions and OK in snow. 1000 miles so far, and they seem to do well in dry too and are not noisy.
Best Regards from Slagelse, Denmark
T-Roc Sport 190 HP 2.0 TSI DSG 4Motion, Pure White, Navigation and spare wheel, rear view camera. Original tyres replaced with Michelin Cross-climate+ 215/55 R17 98W XL

Return to “Faults & Technical”