Fitting a 12Volt socket in the boot of my T- Roc?

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen T-Roc
Jaysjimlad

Fitting a 12Volt socket in the boot of my T- Roc?

Post by Jaysjimlad » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:23 pm

I had a 12 Volt socket fitted, as supplied in my Golf Estate MK 7.
Has anyone fitted one in their T - Roc?
Where to locate it in the boot area and where to pick up the live and earth/metal body :D ?

Help Please

Jaysjimlad

Hawkeye

Re: Fitting a 12Volt socket in the boot of my T- Roc?

Post by Hawkeye » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:47 pm

That's a mod I wanted to do. Having had a good look around what is available in the boot area, also having a word with a friendly auto electrician, realistically it would seem (due to potential loading) its not feasible.

The only potential way described to me was to run a switched live wire back from the fuse box behind the glove box and pick a earth point locally in the boot. All possible if you want to furrow your way under the carpet and side panels etc. Then comes the issue of where to mount the socket, which in itself is a bit of an enigma, as there is not that much room behind the panels.

All in all I decided it to be too much hassle, so just bought a long extension lead which I plug into my standard OEM power socket and run loosely down into the boot area when I need it (typically for running my cool box). Much easier and cheaper.
R-Line 2.0TSi DSG 4MOTION
Silver White with Black Roof
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist
Driver Assistance Pack Plus

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19

Jaysjimlad

Re: Fitting a 12Volt socket in the boot of my T- Roc?

Post by Jaysjimlad » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:12 pm

Thank you for your response I does seem to be rather difficult. I was thinking that I should be able to pick up a suitable live feed from the rear lighting system?
I too just want it to run my cool box. I had intended putting in an inline fuse.
I guess if you had a rear view camera it would be a similar problem.
Anyway I will wait to see what other T-Roc members have to say.