Data plug fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen T-Roc
Steve

Data plug fault

Post by Steve » Wed May 01, 2019 10:09 pm

My data plug has stopped sending data to my phone.It says on the app that it is connected when i turn the ignition on but nothing is being recorded. Has anyone else had this problem. :?:
1.5 TSI EVO SE Energetic Orange.Black roof and roof rails.Black mirrors.Park assist.Lane assist.

Hawkeye

Re: Data plug fault

Post by Hawkeye » Wed May 01, 2019 11:25 pm

No, but I have had it with other apps they stop working, so deleting them from your phone and then re-installing the app often works.

If not perhaps remove the plug and then re-link it with the app. Did that a few times when I first got my TROC in getting Connect to work
R-Line 2.0TSi DSG 4MOTION
Silver White with Black Roof
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist
Driver Assistance Pack Plus

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19

gfrag

Post by gfrag » Thu May 02, 2019 6:13 am

Does anybody know if we can keep connected the data plug to the app and at the same time the phone (iphone) to be connected via bluetooth to the car (for calls, music...) ??
I think both of them can't be conneceted at the same time..
T-Roc advantage 1.0 TSI
iridium grey, black roof,
AID-rear camera, keyless, folding mirrors
ordered 15/1/2019 - build week of 11 March
delivered 11/4/2019

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Thu May 02, 2019 10:01 am

gfrag wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:13 am
Does anybody know if we can keep connected the data plug to the app and at the same time the phone (iphone) to be connected via bluetooth to the car (for calls, music...) ??
My iPhone is connected via Bluetooth to the car - no problems for calls or ‘using’ the data plug. Haven’t tried music via Bluetooth, preferring to plug it in for Appleplay, but will try out later, as can’t see why I couldn’t play my music via Bluetooth if I wanted to.
R-Line 2.0TSi DSG 4MOTION
Silver White with Black Roof
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist
Driver Assistance Pack Plus

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19

gfrag

Post by gfrag » Thu May 02, 2019 3:39 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 10:01 am
gfrag wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:13 am
My iPhone is connected via Bluetooth to the car - no problems for calls or ‘using’ the data plug. Haven’t tried music via Bluetooth, preferring to plug it in for Appleplay, but will try out later, as can’t see why I couldn’t play my music via Bluetooth if I wanted to.
whenever iphone is connected to the car the ''vw connect'' app is not connected and when i manually connect the ''vw connect'' app to the dataplug I can;t make calls because the phone is disconnected from the car.
T-Roc advantage 1.0 TSI
iridium grey, black roof,
AID-rear camera, keyless, folding mirrors
ordered 15/1/2019 - build week of 11 March
delivered 11/4/2019

Steve

Post by Steve » Thu May 02, 2019 9:10 pm

I have taken my plug out and deleted the app.Loaded the app again and when through the instructions again and put plug back in. Still no joy with it i think its going in the bin
1.5 TSI EVO SE Energetic Orange.Black roof and roof rails.Black mirrors.Park assist.Lane assist.

AV82

Post by AV82 » Fri May 03, 2019 3:03 pm

One problem that occurs with Iphone is when Apple update the software it disconnects the app and you have to login again. It also disconnects other apps on my phone as well. Particularly annoying when filling up with the Shell fuel app and you cannot use it.
1.5TSI 150ps petrol EVO R-Line 7spd DSG White Silver Black Roof 2018 R-Line signature trim.