Dipping Mirror on Reverse

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen T-Roc
Ethanboothroyd

Dipping Mirror on Reverse

Post by Ethanboothroyd » Fri May 03, 2019 8:42 pm

Hi

Just seeing if anyone else has experience this before the passenger side mirror when it dips down when I put the car in reverse all ok but when you drive off every now and again it stays in the kerb position and I have to move it by the mirror adjustment I dose not do it all the time but every now and again any suggestions or is it a dealer visit
1.5 TSI EVO DSG SE - Black - Upgraded 18 Inch Alloys , Tinted Windows , Keyless Start And Stop And Power Tailgate Collected 1st Of March Rejected August 2019

Ianh

Re: Dipping Mirror on Reverse

Post by Ianh » Fri May 03, 2019 8:51 pm

Dealer visit.
Mine has been doing it since the new year, 7 times in the workshop, still not cured. They have changed the mirror mechanism, the control box in the door, plus the mirror switch, did it again this morning when I left the VW garage.

That and a few other things means they are changing car .... again.
Ianh

Car 1 - TRoc RLine 1.5 manual , pure white black roof, picked up Jun 18, returned Nov 18
Car 2 - TRoc RLine 1.5 manual , pure white black roof, picked up Nov 18, returned Jun 19
Car 3 - TRoc RLine 1.5 manual , pure white black roof, picked up Jun 19

Ethanboothroyd

Post by Ethanboothroyd » Fri May 03, 2019 8:55 pm

Hi

At least it is not mine then what other problems have you been having so I can keep an eye out
1.5 TSI EVO DSG SE - Black - Upgraded 18 Inch Alloys , Tinted Windows , Keyless Start And Stop And Power Tailgate Collected 1st Of March Rejected August 2019

Keiff

Post by Keiff » Fri May 03, 2019 9:19 pm

I have the same problem with mine.
1.5, DSG. Design. Energetic Orange, Black roof,
with Orange dash insert.
18" 'Arlo' Adamantium Silver alloys.

Ianh

Post by Ianh » Fri May 03, 2019 9:34 pm

Ethanboothroyd wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 8:55 pm
Hi

At least it is not mine then what other problems have you been having so I can keep an eye out
A long story, but since I picked the first new car up in June 2018 I've had around 35 workshop visits.

First car had a fault with the tyre pressure monitor that kept going off, indicating a loss of pressure on all 4 wheels. They couldn't fix it so changed the car.

Second car had severe mooing noise from rear brakes, passenger door mirror that doesn't return from normal after reversing, plus has a case of kangaroo when cold, which the first car didn't have.

Workshop also damaged doors on both cars with an unprotected part of the ramp.

After long conversations with the dealership and VW, they have agreed to change the car again, due in June.

To top it all, someone ran into the back of me last week.....
Ianh

Car 1 - TRoc RLine 1.5 manual , pure white black roof, picked up Jun 18, returned Nov 18
Car 2 - TRoc RLine 1.5 manual , pure white black roof, picked up Nov 18, returned Jun 19
Car 3 - TRoc RLine 1.5 manual , pure white black roof, picked up Jun 19

Ethanboothroyd

Post by Ethanboothroyd » Fri May 03, 2019 9:49 pm

Hi

You have had not had any look

Helen657

Post by Helen657 » Sat May 04, 2019 6:53 am

Ianh wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 9:34 pm
Ethanboothroyd wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 8:55 pm
Hi

A long story, but since I picked the first new car up in June 2018 I've had around 35 workshop visits.

First car had a fault with the tyre pressure monitor that kept going off, indicating a loss of pressure on all 4 wheels. They couldn't fix it so changed the car.

Second car had severe mooing noise from rear brakes, passenger door mirror that doesn't return from normal after reversing, plus has a case of kangaroo when cold, which the first car didn't have.

Workshop also damaged doors on both cars with an unprotected part of the ramp.

After long conversations with the dealership and VW, they have agreed to change the car again, due in June.

To top it all, someone ran into the back of me last week.....
Crikey, that is a run of bad luck - hope it’s 3rd time lucky for you Ian!!!
T-Roc SEL 1.5 TSI DSG
White silver, Quartz/Ceramique Leather, Electric tailgate, Winter pack, Rear camera, Side assist+ with rear traffic alert.
Ordered 18/9/18
Build wk 11/3/19
In transit 8/3/19
Arrived UK 19/3/19
Collected 4/4/19