Post by Fidds t roc » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:31 am

Thanks
Pete

jetjaguar99

Re: 2.0 dsg gearbox hot warning light came on

Post by jetjaguar99 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:14 pm

Fidds t roc wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:20 pm
Weekend drive completed no problems with dsg or anything else.
Very happy.
Took pic outside national trust house near Rutland,called priest's house.
Lovely day and pic came out ok.
Cheers
Pete
Very glad to hear it worked out for you, car looks stunning.
T-Roc R-Line 1.5 TSI Manual
+ Deep Black Pearl
+ Lumbar support
+ Rear view cam
+ Beats-audio-pack

- (S1) Ordered 21.07.19
- (S2) With Factory 29.07.19
- (S3) Build Week 37 Confirmed 16.08.19
- (S5a) In Transit/Left Factory 13.09.19

Fidds t roc

Post by Fidds t roc » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:58 am

Update on removing pics yourself from impala,easy to do.copy message below.
Many thanks impala
Pete

I believe members can delete photos (& other attachments) themselves.

Click on your Username at the right side of the page banner and select User Control Panel from the drop-down list.

In User Control Panel, select the Overview tab and then select Manage Attachments from the list on the left.

In the list of attachments, click on Post Time twice to sort by reverse date order, which will then have the most recently posted attachment at the top. Now, scroll through the attachments to locate the desired file.

To be sure you have found the correct attachment, click on the file name to view the image then use the browser's back button to return to the list of attachments. If you have found the correct file, click the check box in the right most column, then scroll to the bottom of the page and click Delete Marked.

Job done.
These users thanked the author Impala for the post:
T Roo

AlistairP

Post by AlistairP » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:24 pm

Fidds t roc

Post by Fidds t roc » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:39 pm

Still lots of opinions ver putting in neutral when stopped.
I drive as I have for 19 months with my t roc.only out in neutral when stopped for a period of time.
Thanks for info
Cheers
Pete

HTR

Post by HTR » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:26 am

Mine will be coming (if it ever arrives) with traffic jam assist so remains in drive all the time in stop start traffic I would assume. Unless the traffic jam assist function does shift the box between drive and neutral independent of the shift lever.
T-ROC R Line 1.5 TSI 150 PS EVO DSG in 'urinal' grey with standard R Line spec and options of driver assistance pack, towbar and keyless entry. Ordered 22/02/19 - cancelled by lease co & reordered 18/03/19. ETA of 27/09/19 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:18 am

HTR wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:26 am
Mine will be coming (if it ever arrives) with traffic jam assist so remains in drive all the time in stop start traffic I would assume. Unless the traffic jam assist function does shift the box between drive and neutral independent of the shift lever.
Mine has TJA and no it doesn’t shift into neutral independent of the shift lever, but instead uses stop/start to the same effect (if you have stop start engaged, I often switch mine off as it’s annoying in slow moving traffic). Just be careful of putting into neutral though when using hill hold, as if you do, it takes hill hold off until you put it back in drive. Which on a hill means you roll backwards with the dash dinging at you to put your foot on the brake.

TJA is a nice function but can be a bit jerky at times on the brakes. Great fir motorway jams but annoying around town in very slow moving traffic.
R-Line 2.0TSi DSG 4MOTION
Silver White with Black Roof
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist
Driver Assistance Pack Plus

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19

twist

Post by twist » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:31 am

Hawkeye wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:18 am
HTR wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:26 am
Mine has TJA and no it doesn’t shift into neutral independent of the shift lever, but instead uses stop/start to the same effect (if you have stop start engaged, I often switch mine off as it’s annoying in slow moving traffic). Just be careful of putting into neutral though when using hill hold, as if you do, it takes hill hold off until you put it back in drive. Which on a hill means you roll backwards with the dash dinging at you to put your foot on the brake.

TJA is a nice function but can be a bit jerky at times on the brakes. Great fir motorway jams but annoying around town in very slow moving traffic.
I also find it’s a bit slow to pull away again and I often get beeped at for not moving off fast enough. If you’re happy enough to ignore the impatient sods behind you, it’s no problem!
1.5 DSG SEL in Indium Grey
Park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar supports, “chilly bum” pack
Ordered: 19/03/19
Built: 10/06/19
Collected 01/07/19

Impala

Post by Impala » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:21 pm

So many of these systems seem to use various combinations of the same tech, for example 'Coasting' seems to be able to put the car into neutral (even if it doesn't display N) and reduce the engine revs to idle and in some situations even stop the engine.

Why can't TJA do the same, and turning off Auto-Hold without engaging the parking brake when you put the car into Neutral, but simply beeping at you is just madness ... makes you wonder who does the testing.

God help us when they allow driverless cars on to the roads.
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:30 pm

Impala wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:21 pm
So many of these systems seem to use various combinations of the same tech, for example 'Coasting' seems to be able to put the car into neutral (even if it doesn't display N) and reduce the engine revs to idle and in some situations even stop the engine.

Why can't TJA do the same, and turning off Auto-Hold without engaging the parking brake when you put the car into Neutral, but simply beeping at you is just madness ... makes you wonder who does the testing.

God help us when they allow driverless cars on to the roads.
I agree. Sometimes the software tech can get just a bit too clever for itself.
R-Line 2.0TSi DSG 4MOTION
Silver White with Black Roof
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist
Driver Assistance Pack Plus

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19