Tyres

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen T-Roc
Deleted User 925

Tyres

Post by Deleted User 925 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:03 pm

Front drivers tyre outside edge seems to be perishing, probably doesn't help I'm not driving much but I wouldn't have expected it before the car being a year old?

DSC_0695.JPG

I went for a comfortable tyre pressure setting, might up it again and move the friction more to the middle?

Deleted User 925

Re: Tyres

Post by Deleted User 925 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:14 pm

Just noticed I've a nail stuck in my back left, that's two punctures in less than a year.
I've never had a puncture in any car I've owned in the past :?

My Red One

Post by My Red One » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:27 pm

That sounds painful , you will have to be careful how you sit down. :lol: :roll:
Red SEL 1.5 Rear Camera , Lumber support

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:45 pm

Interesting as Sociac put a thread up the other day about a badly fixed puncture, which when they checked the other tyres, they found cracks in the sidewalls.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1392

That you don't drive much vernerbongo2 is (IMO) irrelevant; I really don't think those tyres should have perished like that in what - less than 18 months? What is the Month/Year of manufacture of the tyres (see the other thread for how to determine). Personally I'd be in touch with the tyre manufacturer and get them to inspect them (Car Manufacturers will only refer you to the Tyre Manufacturer, so you can save time by going direct). I'd send those pictures off to the Tyre Manufacturer pronto for their initial "opinion".
R-Line 2.0TSi DSG 4MOTION
Silver White with Black Roof
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist
Driver Assistance Pack Plus

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19

Deleted User 925

Post by Deleted User 925 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:49 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:45 pm
Interesting as Sociac put a thread up the other day about a badly fixed puncture, which when they checked the other tyres, they found cracks in the sidewalls.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1392

That you don't drive much vernerbongo2 is (IMO) irrelevant; I really don't think those tyres should have perished like that in what - less than 18 months? What is the Month/Year of manufacture of the tyres (see the other thread for how to determine). Personally I'd be in touch with the tyre manufacturer and get them to inspect them (Car Manufacturers will only refer you to the Tyre Manufacturer, so you can save time by going direct). I'd send those pictures off to the Tyre Manufacturer pronto for their initial "opinion".
Read that too :)

Deleted User 925

Post by Deleted User 925 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:53 pm

0718 on the tyres

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:44 pm

So week 7 in 2018. That they are showing cracks in the treads is totally and utterly unacceptable. Do send off those pictures to the manufacturer and ask for their feedback, will be interesting to hear what they say and what they propose to resolve the issue.
R-Line 2.0TSi DSG 4MOTION
Silver White with Black Roof
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist
Driver Assistance Pack Plus

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19

Deleted User 925

Post by Deleted User 925 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:01 am

My Red One wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:27 pm
That sounds painful , you will have to be careful how you sit down. :lol: :roll:
Hahaaa, I appreciate your sympathy :lol:

Maybe you should see your doctor about your red one, it doesn't sound too healthy either? :P
Last edited by Deleted User 925 on Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted User 925

Post by Deleted User 925 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:08 am

Interested too know how everyone else's tyres are wearing?
Maybe I'm just not driving enough and the car just sitting ruins them?
My tyres never ever make it to the tread wear marker, they normally perish first but after 4 years maybe and not 1 year.

E-mailed bridgestone tonight, maybe I should have ran with them longer too see how the other tyres wear? They aren't that bad.

My Red One

Post by My Red One » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:19 am

vernerbongo2 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:01 am
My Red One wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:27 pm
Hahaaa, I appreciate your sympathy :lol:

Maybe you should see your doctor about your red one, it doesn't sound too healthy either? :P
My Red One is very healthy I am so very pleased with it, although I had puncture at 5k which needed new tyre ! . I mean the car had puncture :lol:
Red SEL 1.5 Rear Camera , Lumber support