Charging the battery

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen T-Roc
twist

Re: Charging the battery

Post by twist » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:16 am

brid wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:23 am
I see your forum name is based on a mythical giant with a hundred eyes, the all seeing one.
Pity you cannot use such foresight to obey your very soft and lenient UK lock down rules.
I could tell you a sad true story about a person who thought that this was a game but I doubt you would SEE the point. :shock:
It would make your battery, and that of many others, seem a little irrelevant.
Have a nice drive in the country.
I don’t think it’s absurd to drive your car just enough to keep it in good health. You’re not risking spreading the virus so long as you don’t get out the car until you’re back home (unless you’re going to the shops, exercising or whatever other essential business you have).

Some of us are suffering financially right now and don’t want to add to that with overpriced replacement car parts due to stationary wear.

The police would do well to focus on the rule-breaking that is actually resulting in fatalities: people out sunbathing with friends; people exercising outdoors very close to others; parties; etc.

This whole situation just needs common sense applied to everything you do but unfortunately a large majority of the country were too stupid to apply such thinking and that is why the rules ended up in place - rules that haven’t totally been thought through.

In fact one of the reasons I take my car now to walk my dog is that I’m sick of joggers/cyclists going right past me, breathing heavily, spitting and so on. So please don’t assume that just because we take our cars out that we don’t care about spreading the virus.
UK 1.5 DSG R-line in Indium Grey
Keyless, park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar support
Ordered: 11/12/19 / Collected 20/03/20

Impala

Post by Impala » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:44 pm

Thank you Twist ... I concur.
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line MY19 Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

T Roc Chick

Post by T Roc Chick » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:31 pm

Impala wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:44 pm
Thank you Twist ... I concur.
I concur too
1.0L Design Orange/Black
Sunroof
Electric tailgate
Rear view camera
Beats sound pack
Satnav
LEDs and Fogs

Ordered: 22/5/19
Stage 2: 29/5/19
Stage 3: 29/11/19 BW 02 2020
Stage 5: 8/1/20
Stage 6: 24/1/20
Delivery 6/2/20

T Roo

Post by T Roo » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:20 pm

The trouble is if everyone decides to go for a run in the car, the emergency services will be diverted by the inevitable increase in RTA’s.

The lockdown restrictions are imperfect; but this is the collective response of Governments across the World in very challenging circumstances not least to give heroic health workers a fighting chance against this virus.

A body count in the millions would temper the apparent consensus here.

Non-essential driving is also rule-breaking and could divert the police away from the sunbathers, partygoers etc.

Lancslad

Post by Lancslad » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:50 pm

IMG-20200409-WA0000.jpg

Not relevant to charging batteries...but in our current lock down situation i think it says a lot...
Les..😜
2.0 TDI 150 Black Pearl R-Line- Manual ...lumber support..Electric Tailgate...

T Roo

Post by T Roo » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:08 pm

A thought-provoking post Les.

I notice too that the soldiers are ‘social-distancing’ so if the brown stuff does hit the fan, not everyone gets wasted. Perhaps the current day methods echo the old, tried and tested ideas of self preservation.

Lancslad

Post by Lancslad » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:22 pm

That's why i posted it T Roo😜....might just make a few more stay at home....so we all get out of this mess safely....and then we can all get back driving the t-roc's we own.👍...
Les..😀
2.0 TDI 150 Black Pearl R-Line- Manual ...lumber support..Electric Tailgate...

twist

Post by twist » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:31 pm

T Roo wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:20 pm
The trouble is if everyone decides to go for a run in the car, the emergency services will be diverted by the inevitable increase in RTA’s.

The lockdown restrictions are imperfect; but this is the collective response of Governments across the World in very challenging circumstances not least to give heroic health workers a fighting chance against this virus.

A body count in the millions would temper the apparent consensus here.

Non-essential driving is also rule-breaking and could divert the police away from the sunbathers, partygoers etc.
You do definitely speak sense buddy, and I agree with what you’ve said. But when I see how few people are actually following the rules, it makes me less willing to risk further unnecessary expenses purely because they don’t like change. I’ve been very close to blowing a gasket in Tesco because nobody - including staff - is keeping 2 meters away from others.

And at the end of the day: the police shouldn’t be having to patrol and stop these utter scum. The blame for police being overwhelmed lies wholly with these people and I am not (literally) paying for their selfishness.

Controversial topic, I get it. At least we’re having a (relatively) civil debate about it!
UK 1.5 DSG R-line in Indium Grey
Keyless, park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar support
Ordered: 11/12/19 / Collected 20/03/20

Deleted User 925

Post by Deleted User 925 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:29 pm

We've slightly gone off the original topic but I totally understand all points of view.
I live in a picturesque part of our coastline and I'm totally sick of watching the same people coming and going several times to their second homes over the last 3 weeks, completely selfish people.
There are people playing tennis, daily exercise?
People swimming, daily exercise?
A paraglider flew past this evening, daily exercise?
People fishing, daily exercise?
Does make taking your car out a wee scoot to keep everything working minor in comparison but it's up to each individual whether they stick to the rules or break them.
Understanding the rules and what they actually are is another topic :lol:

T Roo

Post by T Roo » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:42 pm

Lancslad wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:22 pm
That's why i posted it T Roo😜....might just make a few more stay at home....so we all get out of this mess safely....and then we can all get back driving the t-roc's we own.👍...
Les..😀
👍
twist wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:31 pm
You do definitely speak sense buddy, and I agree with what you’ve said. But when I see how few people are actually following the rules, it makes me less willing to risk further unnecessary expenses purely because they don’t like change. I’ve been very close to blowing a gasket in Tesco because nobody - including staff - is keeping 2 meters away from others.

And at the end of the day: the police shouldn’t be having to patrol and stop these utter scum. The blame for police being overwhelmed lies wholly with these people and I am not (literally) paying for their selfishness.

Controversial topic, I get it. At least we’re having a (relatively) civil debate about it!
We respect each others’ opinions too much for this to be anything but civil twist. I just want us all to come out of this tragedy safely.

I know what you mean about those who won’t keep their distance. We have to rise above their stupidity and comply with the rules however poorly designed they may seem; options are limited but becoming part of the problem doesn’t seem a good idea to me.

Guys, bear with it, we will beat this thing but we need to beat it together. We owe the NHS for their astonishing commitment, we owe all key workers for keeping us fed and watered. If my car has to stay put in deference to their selflessness, It will do so for as long as it takes.

Stay safe mate. Stay safe all.