Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen T-Roc
Clubchamp98

Re: Electronic Parking Brake and ACC fault

Post by Clubchamp98 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:36 pm

twist wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:20 am
Clubchamp98 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:13 am
Only a suggestion but if there is a brake fault the ACC won’t activate .
ACC needs control of the braking system to slow the car down when nessesary so if there is a brake fault the ACC identifies it and will override any commands from the driver.
So ACC is doing its job and probably not faulty.
Poor from VW they should prioritise braking problems and know how to fix their own cars first time.
I’d understand if it was a footbrake problem but I’m not sure why the handbrake has anything to do with it. I suppose if you don’t use Auto Hold but you do use ACC and it came to a complete stop behind another car, it may need to apply the handbrake rather than keeping the footbrake held. So maybe it’s just being cautious and only allowing ACC to work if all possible scenarios are covered.
I think if there is any issue whatsoever with the braking system the ACC will not activate .
To the OP is there a warning light for ACC or just the brake.

TM2019

Post by TM2019 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:09 am

hi
Warning triange is amber and parking break faults and alarms when ignition started, ACC light is amber and wont activate
2019 T-Roc R Line 2.0 TDI, Atlantic Blue, North East.

Impala

Post by Impala » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:30 pm

vernerbongo2 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:25 pm
Impala wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:37 pm
What are the fault symptoms you are experiencing ?

Not aware of how the parking brake would be related to the ACC. Is it 2 separate faults you have ?
The electric parking brake is mentioned in the ACC control module so must have some input or might be operated by that module?
Only in the sense that the ACC can bring the car to a complete halt behind a vehicle in front, and will engage the brake until the other car moves off and the ACC auto resumes.
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line MY19 Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

Deleted User 925

Post by Deleted User 925 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:16 pm

Impala wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:30 pm
vernerbongo2 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:25 pm
Impala wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:37 pm
What are the fault symptoms you are experiencing ?

Not aware of how the parking brake would be related to the ACC. Is it 2 separate faults you have ?
The electric parking brake is mentioned in the ACC control module so must have some input or might be operated by that module?
Only in the sense that the ACC can bring the car to a complete halt behind a vehicle in front, and will engage the brake until the other car moves off and the ACC auto resumes.
I'm not overly technically minded and the technology in cars these days is very advanced.
I've never thought about how much goes into building a car until this forum, looking at parts diagrams there are litterally hundreds of thousands of parts in a car and then when you go into the module programming side of things it's the same :shock: :P

brid

Post by brid » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:36 am

Impala wrote:
Never been able to simulate this implied auto condition, when using ACC where the car stops behind another car when the car moves off automatically.
Ours will just sit there until the accelerator is "touched" then off it goes in 1st gear at an alarming ,"must catch up" acceleration.
Frightens the wife so much she will not allow the car to stop in ACC and turns it off in stop/start traffic. :!:
So the question is - Should it / does it / move off without any driver intervention whilst in ACC?
Sport 2.0 TDI 150 CV DSG7 Gris Urano, Panoramic Roof.
Collected 12-06 2019

Deleted User 925

Post by Deleted User 925 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:46 am

brid wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:36 am
Ours will just sit there until the accelerator is "touched" then off it goes in 1st gear at an alarming ,"must catch up" acceleration.
Sounds like launch control, I love the sound of that :lol: 8-)

twist

Post by twist » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:45 am

brid wrote:
Impala wrote:
Never been able to simulate this implied auto condition, when using ACC where the car stops behind another car when the car moves off automatically.
Frightens the wife so much she will not allow the car to stop in ACC and turns it off in stop/start traffic. :!:
So the question is - Should it / does it / move off without any driver intervention whilst in ACC?
It should but there’s only a very brief window where the system will allow the car to move automatically from stationary if the car in front moves (I think it’s about 3 to 5 seconds). It should show a message on the dash that says something like “ACC ready” and if that disappears, it will not move off automatically when the car in front moves off.

After that, you either push the accelerator *or* you can hit the “Res” button on the steering wheel. However I find that the Res button doesn’t work every time and I end up having to press the accelerator slightly.

As for the “lurch“ I know exactly what you mean. But you can soften that a bit by going to Individual mode (with the Mode button on the center console) and setting ACC to “comfort”. It’s not heaps better but it’s less like the car thinks it’s in a drag race :)
UK 1.5 DSG R-line in Indium Grey
Keyless, park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar support
Ordered: 11/12/19 / Collected 20/03/20

Clubchamp98

Post by Clubchamp98 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:33 pm

brid wrote:
Impala wrote:
Mine does exactly that.
Stops on its own, when car in front pulls away mine starts up and follows.
If yours dosnt there is something wrong.
Having said that you need a lot of faith in the system ,and any touch on the brake pedal disengages the ACC.

In normal driving ( not ACC ) does your engine start up on its own in start/ stop mode When the car in front pulls away .?
It should with no input from the driver.

htpeargo

Post by htpeargo » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:23 am

Just had a thought and new to this forum (Still waiting for car ). Is this problem anything to do with Traffic jam assist?
Ordered 18th July
Build date w/c 14 sept
Troc Sel
Winter Pack
Side assist
Park assist
Sports Pack
Rear View Camera
Lumber support
Picked up 15oct 20

twist

Post by twist » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:13 am

htpeargo wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:23 am
Just had a thought and new to this forum (Still waiting for car ). Is this problem anything to do with Traffic jam assist?
I suspect VW are talking bollocks as usual in the brochure. The “driver assistance pack plus” only adds blind spot monitoring. I’m pretty sure Traffic Jam Assist is just a part of ACC and is included regardless of the options you choose so every T-Roc should have it (except I guess it works slightly different in a manual car).

Maybe someone who has a DSG model but NOT the extra assistance pack can clarify if their car is still happy to trundle along automatically with ACC at under 40mph?
UK 1.5 DSG R-line in Indium Grey
Keyless, park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar support
Ordered: 11/12/19 / Collected 20/03/20