Electronic Parking Brake and ACC fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen T-Roc
htpeargo

Re: Electronic Parking Brake and ACC fault

Post by htpeargo » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:55 am

Clubchamp38 I am sorry but depending on how old you are buying a car I suspect you will have stop/start as standard. I stand to be corrected mind
Ordered 18th July
Build date w/c 14 sept
Troc Sel
Winter Pack
Side assist
Park assist
Sports Pack
Rear View Camera
Lumber support
Picked up 15oct 20

Clubchamp98

Post by Clubchamp98 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:35 am

htpeargo wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:55 am
Clubchamp38 I am sorry but depending on how old you are buying a car I suspect you will have stop/start as standard. I stand to be corrected mind
It’s not the stop start that’s the problem!
It’s in the T Roc the driver has no control over it.
This has been discussed in other threads.
The roc engine shuts down before I have even come to a halt.
So creeping to roundabouts the engine shuts down while I am still moving, looking for a gap in traffic.
Then lurches into life when I push the accelerator it’s a really poor system.
I had a Golf mk7 before DSG basically the same car and that wasn’t like this.
When coming to a junction if you creep or stop the engine stayed firing unless you held the brake pedal down to engage stop start, so the driver had control.
That’s all I asked the tech at service for CONTROL of my own car but was told “ can’t adjust it”.
I won’t be buying VW if they won’t give me total control over my own car.

htpeargo

Post by htpeargo » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:39 am

Not got my car yet but thought there was a switch on the dashboard to switch it off. Admittedly you have to do it every time you start the car
Ordered 18th July
Build date w/c 14 sept
Troc Sel
Winter Pack
Side assist
Park assist
Sports Pack
Rear View Camera
Lumber support
Picked up 15oct 20

Bellasdad

Post by Bellasdad » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:20 pm

htpeargo wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:39 am
Not got my car yet but thought there was a switch on the dashboard to switch it off. Admittedly you have to do it every time you start the car
Your right, there is a switch to turn it off and it’s my go to button as soon as I get in the car.
I hate the bloody thing. :evil:
T-Roc R Line 1.5 manual. White silver with black roof.

T-Roc Se 1.5 manual.
Indium grey.
Reverse camera.
Winter pack.
Electric tailgate.
Keyless entry.

twist

Post by twist » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:15 pm

Bellasdad wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:20 pm
htpeargo wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:39 am
Your right, there is a switch to turn it off and it’s my go to button as soon as I get in the car.
I hate the bloody thing. :evil:
I suspect it’s another method to get their engines through EU emissions regulations since they clearly can’t make clean enough engines. Clearly they still haven’t learned their lesson from Dieselgate that cheating and putting safety second isn’t the answer.
UK 1.5 DSG R-line in Indium Grey
Keyless, park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar support
Ordered: 11/12/19 / Collected 20/03/20

BH1805

Post by BH1805 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:10 am

I’m sorry to hear others are having issues with the automatic handbrake, ACC and Start/Stop.

Never had an issue with the automatic handbrake or auto-hold, I never touch the switches and I’ve had my T-Roc for nearly two years.

I generally like ACC, but it does have a couple of limitations. As someone else has suggested I would only use it on motorways. Also if you want to overtake, I find it slow, so I turn it off temporarily.

I got used to Start/Stop, it used to annoy me in traffic jams, but I just turn it off until the traffic clears up again.

Overall I’m very happy with the T-Roc, perhaps I’ve been lucky, no faults (including the kangaroo).
1.5 TSI SEL (Manual), Black Pearl Paint, Winter Pack, Sport Pack, Rear Camera, Park Assist,
Heated Steering Wheel, High Beam Assist, Blind Spot Monitor,
Pre-crash Preventive Occupant Protection.
Ordered 17/05/18, In Transit 21/10/18, Delivered 14/11/18

brid

Post by brid » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:45 am

[/quote]

That’s all I asked the tech at service for CONTROL of my own car but was told “ can’t adjust it”.
I won’t be buying VW if they won’t give me total control over my own car.
[/quote]

I would not class any of these features as "faults" and if you want a car without any of these then I do not know how far back you would have to go in time. They have been around in various manufacturers units for many years to greater or lesser extent.
In all the scenarios mentioned there is an option to disable it in some way. Don't want stop/start - push the button Max - is that not a form of control.
Likewise with the auto hold - just don't activate it.
I myself cannot see the point of the "freewheel" mode prior to stopping and doing so just as and when it wants but that is also cancelled with the lovely all is now good button.

If the features were not there maybe we would be bemoaning their loss. Most, if not all cars carry these in some form, so blame the EU as it is they who are directing the industry with ever tighter constraints. :(
Sport 2.0 TDI 150 CV DSG7 Gris Urano, Panoramic Roof.
Collected 12-06 2019

Impala

Post by Impala » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:48 pm

BH1805 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:10 am
I’m sorry to hear others are having issues with the automatic handbrake, ACC and Start/Stop.

Never had an issue with the automatic handbrake or auto-hold, I never touch the switches and I’ve had my T-Roc for nearly two years.

I generally like ACC, but it does have a couple of limitations. As someone else has suggested I would only use it on motorways. Also if you want to overtake, I find it slow, so I turn it off temporarily.

I got used to Start/Stop, it used to annoy me in traffic jams, but I just turn it off until the traffic clears up again.

Overall I’m very happy with the T-Roc, perhaps I’ve been lucky, no faults (including the kangaroo).
I second your comments. I find these systems are just as good on the T-Roc DSG as they were on my previous Golf DSG. They make driving effortless and relaxing.

I think they not only enhance the DSG experience, but the DSG also enhances the operation of these systems. I only have very limited experience of driving a manual car with these systems (demonstrator and courtesy cars), and the difference with the DSG is like night and day.

Regarding your comment about overtaking with ACC, you can simply press the accelerator pedal to increase the speed. This doesn't alter the ACC set speed, and when you lift off after overtaking, the ACC will resume as if nothing had changed. Again, this is ideally suited to the DSG, as the car will change gear up/down as needed.

My only annoyance with start/stop is the wipers briefly stopping in mid-sweep when the engine is restarting, but I can live with that.

With all these systems, you still have adequate control as Twist says, and a driver should ALWAYS maintain attention and awareness of what is happening with other traffic and road layouts etc. So, driving on twisty roads is a bad idea for ACC (or any form of cruise control). Likewise, don't leave it to the ACC to slow you down behind the car in front when you are approaching a clearly visible/signposted roundabout or junction - touch the footbrake or press Cancel, drive 'manually' until past the situation and then simply press Resume if you want to revert to ACC control. I usually press Cancel when I reach the 'Reduce speed now' markers and allow the car to slow a bit, sometimes using the paddles to shift down the gears, before applying the brakes.

As for auto-hold, I find that I can avoid it activating if I want to 'creep' simply by applying/releasing gentle pressure on the brake pedal, and if need to pull out quickly from a junction, I simply cancel the auto-hold via the button, but remember to switch it on again. Admittedly, I have driven with these systems for 6 years and someone new to them may find it takes time to learn how best to use them. In my view, it is worth the effort to learn.
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line MY19 Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

htpeargo

Post by htpeargo » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:59 pm

Hi Brid I do agree with you. It seems manufactures' push tech and spin to us poor consumers. As others have said on here it appears to get the emissions down for the rule makers. We will soon be not able to drive anywhere unless its electric. But that's another story
Ordered 18th July
Build date w/c 14 sept
Troc Sel
Winter Pack
Side assist
Park assist
Sports Pack
Rear View Camera
Lumber support
Picked up 15oct 20

TM2019

Post by TM2019 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:09 pm

And the saga continues !!!!!!!!!
Partner picked car up after the 3rd visit to dealer workshop today supposedly resolved. 200 metres from dealership and warning lights back on.
4.5 days in workshop and still not resolved

Not Happy

FFBB11C6-4B6B-40CE-BE88-C1A0315C8CAC.jpeg

FF29C348-296E-4931-8167-B947FF2373FC.jpeg

8CE4B681-E34D-40AE-BEF7-03A6A5B7EADE.jpeg

EBF6A10D-68B8-4DE7-828F-3A8AF6EC1ADB.jpeg

2019 T-Roc R Line 2.0 TDI, Atlantic Blue, North East.