Deleted User 925

Re: Electronic Parking Brake and ACC fault

Post by Deleted User 925 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:57 pm

TM2019 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:09 pm
And the saga continues !!!!!!!!!

Not Happy
Sorry to hear this, not so good :roll:
Strange they can't get it sorted and strange the fault didn't pop up with the test drive on both visits 🤔

Hope you get sorted soon 👌

Impala

Post by Impala » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:05 pm

TM2019 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:09 pm
And the saga continues !!!!!!!!!
Partner picked car up after the 3rd visit to dealer workshop today supposedly resolved. 200 metres from dealership and warning lights back on.
4.5 days in workshop and still not resolved

Not Happy
Utterly disgraceful. Don't bother with the service manager, go straight to the dealer principal and it is also worth an email or letter to the VW exec office.
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line MY19 Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

Clubchamp98

Post by Clubchamp98 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:32 pm

brid wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:45 am
That’s all I asked the tech at service for CONTROL of my own car but was told “ can’t adjust it”.
I won’t be buying VW if they won’t give me total control over my own car.
[/quote]

I would not class any of these features as "faults" and if you want a car without any of these then I do not know how far back you would have to go in time. They have been around in various manufacturers units for many years to greater or lesser extent.
In all the scenarios mentioned there is an option to disable it in some way. Don't want stop/start - push the button Max - is that not a form of control.
Likewise with the auto hold - just don't activate it.
I myself cannot see the point of the "freewheel" mode prior to stopping and doing so just as and when it wants but that is also cancelled with the lovely all is now good button.

If the features were not there maybe we would be bemoaning their loss. Most, if not all cars carry these in some form, so blame the EU as it is they who are directing the industry with ever tighter constraints. :(
[/quote]
Why have all these systems in the car if your going to turn them off.
The engine in the roc shuts off while I am still moving that’s not good imo.
But these cars are marketed with all these gizmos .
I want control of my car that’s all.
Just imagine if you could only get Radio 1 on the stereo and you can’t adjust it?

brid

Post by brid » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:57 am

Clubchamp98 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:32 pm
brid wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:45 am
That’s all I asked the tech at service for CONTROL of my own car but was told “ can’t adjust it”.
I won’t be buying VW if they won’t give me total control over my own car.
I would not class any of these features as "faults" and if you want a car without any of these then I do not know how far back you would have to go in time. They have been around in various manufacturers units for many years to greater or lesser extent.
In all the scenarios mentioned there is an option to disable it in some way. Don't want stop/start - push the button Max - is that not a form of control.
Likewise with the auto hold - just don't activate it.
I myself cannot see the point of the "freewheel" mode prior to stopping and doing so just as and when it wants but that is also cancelled with the lovely all is now good button.

If the features were not there maybe we would be bemoaning their loss. Most, if not all cars carry these in some form, so blame the EU as it is they who are directing the industry with ever tighter constraints. :(
[/quote]
Why have all these systems in the car if your going to turn them off.
The engine in the roc shuts off while I am still moving that’s not good imo.
But these cars are marketed with all these gizmos .
I want control of my car that’s all.
Just imagine if you could only get Radio 1 on the stereo and you can’t adjust it?
[/quote]

I don't think you will find your utopia in any of today's cars as they are made for a general or broad spectrum of clients.
If its any consultation l have been trying to gain total control over my missus for over forty years and have to admit to very little progress bordering on complete failure but hey, l really do wish you luck on your quest for perfection. :D
Sport 2.0 TDI 150 CV DSG7 Gris Urano, Panoramic Roof.
Collected 12-06 2019

Deleted User 925

Post by Deleted User 925 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:29 am

brid wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:57 am
l have been trying to gain total control over my missus for over forty years and have to admit to very little progress bordering on complete failure
I know a few blokes who've traded their wife in for a newer younger model and it's worked for them, although they still don't seem to come with an on/off button or start/stop button at the minute 🤔

mvk3

Post by mvk3 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:27 pm

vernerbongo2 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:29 am
brid wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:57 am
l have been trying to gain total control over my missus for over forty years and have to admit to very little progress bordering on complete failure
I know a few blokes who've traded their wife in for a newer younger model and it's worked for them, although they still don't seem to come with an on/off button or start/stop button at the minute 🤔
The overall cost is too high to bother with, after 45 years. I could end up worse off, a 76-year old bloke, replaced by a 25-year-old model because I could not keep up with expectations. I am happy to stay as I am.

Deleted User 925

Post by Deleted User 925 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:49 pm

mvk3 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:27 pm

The overall cost is too high to bother with, after 45 years. I could end up worse off, a 76-year old bloke, replaced by a 25-year-old model because I could not keep up with expectations. I am happy to stay as I am.
:lol: :lol: :? 8-)

twist

Post by twist » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:52 pm

This thread took a slightly misogynistic turn! :o :o :o

I’d be happy just to have a wife at all at this point so consider yourselves lucky :lol:
UK 1.5 DSG R-line in Indium Grey
Keyless, park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar support
Ordered: 11/12/19 / Collected 20/03/20

mvk3

Post by mvk3 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:03 am

twist wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:52 pm
This thread took a slightly misogynistic turn! :o :o :o

I’d be happy just to have a wife at all at this point so consider yourselves lucky :lol:
Oh, yes I know I am. I have absolutely no desire to change anything like that. I just switch off all my senses at the appropriate time, and the world is fantastic again.

TM2019

Post by TM2019 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:58 pm

And the issue continues, car been into the dealer for another week and now changing part of the wiring harness
2019 T-Roc R Line 2.0 TDI, Atlantic Blue, North East.