Apple CarPlay disconnects or wont connect

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen T-Roc
sametdo

Apple CarPlay disconnects or wont connect

Post by sametdo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:32 pm

I've started having a problem where the Apple CarPlay either disconnects after using for a while or refuses to connect when I get in the car. It seems to be <buggy>. Same problem with both wired and wireless connection. Sometimes when it looses the connection the whole infotainment system shuts down and then reboots completely. I have a newish car from Oct 2020 with the MIB3 infotainment system which seems to have other issues as well.

Has anyone else got or had this problem and any ideas on a solution? I could take the car to the VW dealer post lockdown, but the problem happens at random so most likely it wont happen when they check it.
T-Roc R 2.0 TSI 4Motion 300PS 7-speed DSG 5 Door
Colour: White Silver
Upholstery: Flint Grey/Titanium Black

Ordered - 21/4/20
BW39 (w/c 21/9)
Delivered 13 October 2020

Antonio123

Re: Apple CarPlay disconnects or wont connect

Post by Antonio123 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:29 pm

Had the same issues with apple carplay kept disconnecting wouldnt stay connected for no longer than 10/20 seconds was driving me crazy the last things to try was to restart my iphone and that seemed to work for apple carplay issue havent had any connection issues since but the infotainment system does occasionally play up if im using the bluetooth option to play music
2020 T-Roc R 2.0 TSI 4Motion 300PS 7-speed DSG 5 Door
Colour: Pure White/Black Roof
Upholstery: Flint Grey/Titanium Black
Additions: “Beats” Speakers, Rear View Camera

Ordered - 29/04/2020
ETA to dealership - week commencing 26/10/2020