Water in rear light

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen T-Roc
dutchgunner

Water in rear light

Post by dutchgunner » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:46 am

Hi, I am new to these forum. My name is Gerard and I am from Holland. I took delivery of my new T-Roc exactly one week ago. 1.5TSI DSG in highest trim level.

I was pleased with the car until yesterday. Just after leaving work I received a error message regarding a faulty rear/brake light. I confirmed the fault and went straight to the nearest dealership. This is not the dealer I bought the car from.

After removing the lightunit, the service guy poured half a liter water from the unit. I was flabbergasted. :evil: :roll:
A replacement unit was not available in Holland, and it has been ordered from Germany apparantly.

This is the third new VW I'm having technical issues with (Polo and Golf). Two others had software/hardware problems in the infotainment unit. For the Golf it took more than a year until it was fixed.

The question is; does anyone sound familiar this issue? At the moment I am fed up with the apparant lack of Quality Control of VW. And that is from a 20 year VW lover. If i wanted strange technical issues i would have bought a second hand. Instead I'm spending time, money and growing frustration with yet another fault with a new VW.

tommytrouble

Re: Water in rear light

Post by tommytrouble » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:59 pm

Got the same problem with my three week old car got to wait three weeks for a replacement part from Germany.

User1234

Post by User1234 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:06 pm

Did you manage to sort this Dutch? What was it ? a seal or cracked glass- or maybe just badly fitted?. Interested in case of future problem.

dutchgunner

Post by dutchgunner » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:24 am

User1234 wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:06 pm
Did you manage to sort this Dutch? What was it ? a seal or cracked glass- or maybe just badly fitted?. Interested in case of future problem.
I don't know. The unit was replaced a few days later and the error has not returned since (although it has not rained much). Even after using the carwash it did not show up again. So I think it was a faulty unit or indeed a bad fit.

Return to “Faults & Technical”