Speed warning setting

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen T-Roc
DaveA

Speed warning setting

Post by DaveA » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:00 pm

Hi,

Has anyone found the speed warning setting in the active info display?
It has been in my previous numerous volkswagens and I'd be surprised if it is not standard on my current T-Roc?
It mentions it in the handbook but I know not everything described in the handbook is on every car.
Does anyone else have it?
1.5 TSI SEL / Manual / Ravenna blue
Collected Sep 18
Noticed Roo
Held off for fix
Gave up waiting May 19
Numerous communications with VW and dealer
Replaced with a Tiguan DSG Aug 19

Ijak

Re: Speed warning setting

Post by Ijak » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:46 am

On my previous Golf i was able to set my speed limit to 30mph which was shown on the instrument cluster.
When reaching this speed a loud bong was heard, which was very useful as I live in area which has several
speed camera,s which are active. I cannot seem to do this on my T-ROC 1.5 TSI EVO SE DSG. Can anyone
help. Secondly I note that’s lots of people are frustrated at having to wait for their ROCs, but having had many cars
over the years if you can wait, in my opinion it is the DBs

mvk

Post by mvk » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:33 pm

I have it on my se 1.0. somehow I have set it up while messing around and it is driving me daft. It goes bong at 20mph and I cut seem fo find a way of stopping it. It must be in the settings there somewhere!
1.0 TSI SE Special solid - Pure white.

DaveA

Post by DaveA » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:08 pm

Thanks for your replies mvk and ljak. I still can't find the setting. Ljak is your TRoc a UK spec?
1.5 TSI SEL / Manual / Ravenna blue
Collected Sep 18
Noticed Roo
Held off for fix
Gave up waiting May 19
Numerous communications with VW and dealer
Replaced with a Tiguan DSG Aug 19

Ijak

Post by Ijak » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:08 pm

Hi DaveA, we exchanged our Golf because my wife felt very low driving it. Our dealer had a white/black roof in,
so I presume it was a stock car? It felt very tight and stiff for the first few weeks , but now done 1300 miles
and it is a dream to drive especially with the 1.5 DSG, and my wife can slide in and out of the driving seat.
So now all quiet on that front. I wish you could tell me how you achieved your 20mph bong as I feel I could
increase this to 30mph which would make me feel that I would not want to exchange in 3yrs time. Its that good.
Ijak.

Ijak

Post by Ijak » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:19 pm

Hi MVP, got mixed up with usernames. Please read reply to DaveA.
If you sort out the 20mph bong I would be very grateful if you could
tell me how to do this. Ijak.

Mackemsteve

Post by Mackemsteve » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:06 pm

I've no idea what anyone is talking about :-D
Speed warning setting? Maybe that's just on specs with sat nav (i don't have). I use android auto and Waze bips you if you go over the speed limit, whatever that limit might be. If it's not part of your sat nav, then I've no idea what it is.
1.0 TSi Design
Turmeric Yellow & Black
Front, Rear, Side, Park & High Beam Assist.
LED Headlights, Fog Lights.
Active Info Display, Winter Pack.
Beats Audio.
Ordered 28/03/2018 - Collected 11/06/2018

ibi

Post by ibi » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:08 pm

Could be the max speed setting for winter tyres
T-Roc SE 1.5 - Pure White with Black roof. Active Info display, Winter pack plus heated wheel, 17" Mayfield black wheels.
Rejected Nov 19.
SEL similar spec ordered.

brid

Post by brid » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:51 pm

Speed warning settings can be made in the vehicle settings in the Infotainment system ⇒ Vehicle settings menu .
Sport 2.0 TDI 150 CV DSG7 Gris Urano, Grange Hill R18 Silver, Sports Pack, Safety Pack, Rebel Pack, Discover Media, Keyless, Panoramic Roof.
Collected 12-06 2019

JAMCT

Post by JAMCT » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:25 pm

brid wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:51 pm
Speed warning settings can be made in the vehicle settings in the Infotainment system ⇒ Vehicle settings menu .
.......and then use the switches on the steering wheel's RHS switch bank. If you are on the 20mph setting as displayed on the LED display between the analogue speedometer & rev counter, then press the OK button, then up/down buttons to toggle though the speed setting in 5mph steps then OK again to 'set' your choice. I have mine set for 30mph for local driving, 70mph for motorways and 40mph for urban areas etc.

The up/down buttons can also be used to view various modes of information by toggling through them i.e. digital speedometer (my default setting) > period of driving (starts at 0 minutes and advances during each stop-start driving period) > distance travelled miles (starts at 0 miles and advances during driving sessions) > average speed > average fuel consumption mpg etc.

I'm not near my car at present so can't check exact order. However I find exploration of the features quite satisfying :geek:
T-Roc 1.5 TSI Design, (KANGAROO FREE)
Ravenna Blue, Black Roof/Door Mirrors, Silver Roof rails
Ravenna Blue dashpads
LED H'lights/Irregular Hexagon :ugeek: Running Lights
RearView Camera
Park Assist
Electric Tailgate
17" Mayfield Black Alloys