Speed warning setting

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen T-Roc
JAMCT

Re: Speed warning setting

Post by JAMCT » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:27 pm

Mackemsteve wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:06 pm
I've no idea what anyone is talking about :-D
Speed warning setting? Maybe that's just on specs with sat nav (i don't have). I use android auto and Waze bips you if you go over the speed limit, whatever that limit might be. If it's not part of your sat nav, then I've no idea what it is.
See my previous post... My T-Roc doesn't have optional Sat Nav but does have the 'Speed Warning' function.
T-Roc 1.5 TSI Design, (KANGAROO FREE)
Ravenna Blue, Black Roof/Door Mirrors, Silver Roof rails
Ravenna Blue dashpads
LED H'lights/Irregular Hexagon :ugeek: Running Lights
RearView Camera
Park Assist
Electric Tailgate
17" Mayfield Black Alloys

DaveA

Post by DaveA » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:49 am

Thanks @JMCT. I just don't have that option. I have the active info display and sat nav but no speed warning. Your description is where I've gone a few times but only speed related function I get is to display the actual speed of the car which I can disable through the vehicle settings.
Does anyone with the SEL UK spec have it? ;)
1.5 TSI SEL / Manual / Ravenna blue
Collected Sep 18
Noticed Roo
Held off for fix
Gave up waiting May 19
Numerous communications with VW and dealer
Replaced with a Tiguan DSG Aug 19

JAMCT

Post by JAMCT » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:45 pm

DaveA wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:49 am
Thanks @JMCT. I just don't have that option. I have the active info display and sat nav but no speed warning. Your description is where I've gone a few times but only speed related function I get is to display the actual speed of the car which I can disable through the vehicle settings.
Does anyone with the SEL UK spec have it? ;)
Ijak wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:08 pm
Hi DaveA, we exchanged our Golf because my wife felt very low driving it. Our dealer had a white/black roof in,
so I presume it was a stock car? It felt very tight and stiff for the first few weeks , but now done 1300 miles
and it is a dream to drive especially with the 1.5 DSG, and my wife can slide in and out of the driving seat.
So now all quiet on that front. I wish you could tell me how you achieved your 20mph bong as I feel I could
increase this to 30mph which would make me feel that I would not want to exchange in 3yrs time. Its that good.
Ijak.
mvk wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:33 pm
I have it on my se 1.0. somehow I have set it up while messing around and it is driving me daft. It goes bong at 20mph and I cut seem fo find a way of stopping it. It must be in the settings there somewhere!
You should find the speed warning setting here and in following photos:-

Turn on Infotainment Screen.
Tap 'menu'.
Tap 'vehicle' icon.
Tap 'Settings' [Bottom right of screen], the 'Vehicle Settings' screen will display.
Scroll down to 'Instrument Cluster'.
Tap it to bring up 'Multifunction Display'.
This has 10 tick boxes, starting with 'Current Consumption'.
Scroll down to 'SPEED WARNING' and tick or untick as required.
If ticked you then go to your steering column's RHS button cluster to select the speed setting required viz:

NOTE ..the following procedure is related to MY default settings

Having turned on the cars ignition [1 turn only] my 'Instrument Cluster' (Item 7 in the Owner's Manual pg 10) displays the following default sequence and selected sequences as follows:-

1. 'Welcome Driver 1'
2. ' 0mpg'
3. 'Warning at 30mph' To reset see below *
4. 'Oil Temperature'
5. 'Consumption xxx mpg
6. 'Average Consumption xxx mpg
7. 'Range [Petrol remaining] xxx mi
8. 'Travelling Time [Since Start] xx Hr xx Min ( 3 options to choose see below **)
9. 'Distance [Since Start] xxxmi ( 3 options to choose see below **)

* To set 'Warning Speed' press the RHS cluster 'OK' button and using the up/down button scroll through to chosen speed and press OK again to set.

** This display has 3 options: 'Long Term' - 'Since Refill' - 'Since Start' To select, press the 'OK' button.
This is your starter for 10. The Owner's Manual covers all this and more from page 18 to page 21 but hopefully I've set the ball rolling and will give some of you the opportunity to get rid of the annoying 'bongs' :lol:

P1020942.JPG

P1020943.JPG

P1020944.JPG

Ravenna Blue dashpads
RearView Camera
Park Assist
Electric Tailgate

DaveA

Post by DaveA » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:00 pm

Thanks for that detailed reply JAMCT.
The SEL with active info display must have differing options. My pic of the settings shows only 4 tickable options. I reset the instrument cluster settings back to factory but just the same.

20180922_185209.jpg

1.5 TSI SEL / Manual / Ravenna blue
Collected Sep 18
Noticed Roo
Held off for fix
Gave up waiting May 19
Numerous communications with VW and dealer
Replaced with a Tiguan DSG Aug 19

JAMCT

Post by JAMCT » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:36 pm

That's strange since your 'SEL' is, in general, a higher specification car than my 'Design' notwithstanding each of our selected optional extras. I can't identify any of my extras which relate to Vehicle/Instrument cluster settings.

:?: Can any owner of an SEL help with @DaveA's [OP ] and fellow responders query?
Ravenna Blue dashpads
RearView Camera
Park Assist
Electric Tailgate

alfman

Post by alfman » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:05 am

I also have the Active Info Display and haven't been able to find the setting. I asked the dealer and he couldn't find it, the manual doesn't describe how to do it for Active Info Display so I'm guessing it was an oversight by Volkswagen and can't be done ( in the same way you can't display the time on the Active Info Display). Maybe a software update in the future will fix it.

Mackemsteve

Post by Mackemsteve » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:10 am

I have active info display. It looks like there's no such option with AID.
1.0 TSi Design
Turmeric Yellow & Black
Front, Rear, Side, Park & High Beam Assist.
LED Headlights, Fog Lights.
Active Info Display, Winter Pack.
Beats Audio.
Ordered 28/03/2018 - Collected 11/06/2018

BH1805

Post by BH1805 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:59 pm

I have an SEL with Sat Nav and the Active Info Display. You can set the speed warning by selecting 'CAR', 'Settings', 'Tyres', then 'Winter Tyres'.

Then you are able to tick the 'Speed Warning' box and set the desired speed in 5 mph increments.

When you exceed the set speed there is a warning bong and a message in the middle of the Active Info Display.
1.5 TSI SEL (Manual), Black Pearl Paint, Winter Pack, Sport Pack, Rear Camera, Park Assist,
Heated Steering Wheel, High Beam Assist, Blind Spot Monitor,
Pre-crash Preventive Occupant Protection.
Ordered 17/05/18, In Transit 21/10/18, Delivered 14/11/18

davidf27

Post by davidf27 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:02 am

Are you sure you havent set a speed warning from the steerling wheel?
Press the front assist button on the steering wheel where you choose to turn ACC on and off, and i'm sure the option underneath is like a max speed alert (cant remember the wording but will check after work).
1.0 TSI SEL - Pearl Black - Keyless entry - Rear View Camera - Ordered 19/11/18 - Delivered 15th May 2019.

vernerbongo2

Post by vernerbongo2 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:56 pm

davidf27 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:02 am
Are you sure you havent set a speed warning from the steerling wheel?
Press the front assist button on the steering wheel where you choose to turn ACC on and off, and i'm sure the option underneath is like a max speed alert (cant remember the wording but will check after work).
Mine is activated in the same way as BH1805.
What you're talking about activates the speed limiter :P
Manual 1.5 petrol R-line revenna blue with black roof/wing mirrors, mud flaps, towbar.
Registered 24/9/18 bought 10/12/18 (pre-reg with 25 miles) :P