Auto Hold and Park Brake release problem

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen T-Roc
Negativepitch

Re: Auto Hold and Park Brake release problem

Post by Negativepitch » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:19 pm

brid wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:33 am
Makes one wonder if some dealers are "up to speed" with the workings of the Roc. They may have the same systems to other VW's in theory but it is a relatively new car with it's own idiosyncs and there has not been a lot about for any to practice on.
It's funny (not in a haha way) there must be something with the design they are using because it is also happening on the seat, Tiguan etc etc.
I'm not sure what it's like across the whole vag.
It's the only thing I'm not looking forward to if I start to get to get it.
I had it happen on my manual tig r line when I was facing up an incline and was a real pain in the bum I can tell you.

Laurenb92

Post by Laurenb92 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:00 pm

Because they can’t replicate the fault they’ve basically told me there’s nothing they can do unless they see it for the self. Annoying because it doesn’t do it all the time and I can’t predict when it’s going to happen. Really don’t know what to do now
T-Roc 1.6 TDI R-Line silver white two tone black roof

trocsel

Post by trocsel » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:19 pm

Hi Laurenb92.

My VW Dealership did a software reset on the Clutch sensor switch.
Since then, the problem has not happened as often and I’m hoping that this can be sorted out by VW as the VW Factory is also involved.

Has your dealership done similar with the Clutch sensor switch?
2.0 SEL TDI 4MOTION 150PS 6 speed manual
Atlantic Blue Metallic
Sports suspension
Montego Bay 18” alloys
Winter Pack
Removable Towbar
Rear View Camera

Laurenb92

Post by Laurenb92 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:21 pm

They won’t do anything unless they can replicate the issue themself. It’s so frustrating because I can’t make the car do it, it just happens. To be honest VW Birmingham are shocking. Two problems I’ve had now where they won’t do anything because they can’t replicate the problem
T-Roc 1.6 TDI R-Line silver white two tone black roof

Dolphinfriendly1012

Post by Dolphinfriendly1012 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:40 pm

Might be worth trying a different dealers. I guess listers is going to be your next best bet.
Ordered 19/06 - R-line 1.5tsi in silver white metallic, park assist, rear camera, beats, panoramic roof, side assist, keyless, electric tailgate & lumber support. B/W 39, in the UK somewhere. Order cancelled.

trocsel

Post by trocsel » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:44 pm

My dealership is VW Sutton Coldfield and I think that both your dealership and mine is part of the Johnson’s Group.
If so, I am surprised that they aren’t any further forward with your car.

I know it’s frustrating that they can’t replicate the problem themselves.

Have you emailed Volkswagen customer services? If not, I would suggest that you let them know what has been happening and what the dealership has done so far, plus, let them know how this problem affects you from a safety point of view.

The only thing with VW customer services is that it’s up to a 2 day initial response and then up to another 2 days for contact from a case manager, the latter, I am still waiting for a call back.

At present, my brakes tend to hold more on a downhill slope (ie the entrance to the Bull Ring Car Park in Birmingham).
The brakes kept on sticking all the way down that.

I would also keep a note of all the times you experience the brakes holding problem, where happened, road conditions, weather etc.

My dealership also asked me if when I put my foot down on the Clutch, does it go all the way down and I do.
They also did say that the car is learning my driving style, but I advised them that does not count as my car was 6 months old when I bought it and test drive went with no problems.

I’ve also put a call in to my dealership for an update as well.
Atlantic Blue Metallic
Sports suspension
Montego Bay 18” alloys
Winter Pack
Removable Towbar
Rear View Camera

trocsel

Post by trocsel » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:59 pm

I have just had a worrying telephone call from my Volkswagen Dealership.

They have had the Volkswagen Factory Technical department get back to them with an update on the Auto Hold not releasing the brakes. They have acknowledged that there is a problem with the Auto Hold but are looking into a solution.
They have advised that until a solution has been made etc, for me NOT to use the Auto Hold!!!!

This now means that the parking brake will not automatically apply when the engine is turned off and there is also NO Hill Hold, not even the 2 second hold that other cars normally have.

I fear now that this could lead me to using the Clutch a lot more in achieving a biting point when going up hill and that could possibly lead to a problem with the Clutch etc.

It isn’t easy to find the parking brake switch without looking down either and when I do apply the parking brake, that occasionally does not release the brakes easily either.

I am also now awaiting a phone call from Volkswagen Customer Services.
Atlantic Blue Metallic
Sports suspension
Montego Bay 18” alloys
Winter Pack
Removable Towbar
Rear View Camera

quazi

Post by quazi » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:51 pm

I have a problem with my brake when I start my car first time of the day. i park on a slight incline and sometimes the handbrake releases without warning as I release the clutch pedal

Steve

Post by Steve » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:56 pm

quazi wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:51 pm
I have a problem with my brake when I start my car first time of the day. i park on a slight incline and sometimes the handbrake releases without warning as I release the clutch pedal
That is what is supposed to happen.
1.5 TSI EVO SE Energetic Orange.Black roof and roof rails.Black mirrors.Park assist.Lane assist.

Mackemsteve

Post by Mackemsteve » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:12 pm

quazi wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:51 pm
That's because you have to put the clutch in to start the engine. When you let it out again the parking brake releases, by design. If you're in neutral you'll roll away down the hill.
1.0 TSi Design
Turmeric Yellow & Black
Front, Rear, Side, Park & High Beam Assist.
LED Headlights, Fog Lights.
Active Info Display, Winter Pack.
Beats Audio.
Ordered 28/03/2018 - Collected 11/06/2018