Multiple faults with driver assist

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen T-Roc
MarkusRuski

Multiple faults with driver assist

Post by MarkusRuski » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:48 am

Morning all. I’ve got a three week old T-Roc 1.0 SE and quite frankly, I’m very disappointed so far. I’ve had several issues with driver assist features and even my Windscreen Wipers.
The EPC light came on and the Start Stop just switched off for no apparent reason. This didn’t work for about 3 days before suddenly working again as the EPC light disappeared.
This morning, I was driving my boys home along the motorway in the rain. In a less than ideal scenario, the windscreen wipers failed, only kicking back in if they were switched up to maximum speed. They then failed another three times on the way home. The lane assist then failed and the cruise control switched off.
I bought this car because my old vehicle was too unreliable but I can’t for the life of me understand how a VW that’s just three weeks old can have so many issues.
I have recovery on their way but just the AA because VW don’t have any people available. Hopefully he’ll be able to identify the issue and stop it happening again.
Has anyone else experienced these issues and how were they remedied? Thanks.

Bellasdad

Re: Multiple faults with driver assist

Post by Bellasdad » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:00 pm

My windscreen wipers packed in after the first week of ownership, it also caused a fault with the lane assist and cruise control. I called VW assist and it was a regular AA guy who turned up, he’d never even seen a T roc let alone work on one, so after a bit of head scratching he advised me to take it into the dealership.
It was diagnosed with a faulty wiper motor which had to be ordered in from Germany and took less than an hour to fit when it arrived.
Fingers crossed there’s been no problem since.
I wouldn’t worry about these issues too much, there’s bound to be teething problems with new cars and they are always sorted under warranty, I know it’s an inconvenience when it happens but at least VW are on the ball in this respect.
T-Roc R Line 1.5 manual. White silver with black roof.

guinnessaddick

Post by guinnessaddick » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:25 pm

My lane assist switches off in heavy rain, I think it's a safety thing as the camera may have problems picking up the white lines with a lot of surface water on the road.

marcob

Post by marcob » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:58 am

I have got the T-Roc now for 7 months. Nice car but regrets I have choosen for Volkwagen.

After 6.000 km, low oil pressure signal and they still don’t know whats the problem.

And the failures you have written? See them several times. Not only at heavy rainy days, also on the sunny ones.

E084EFDB-98BF-4A10-B917-384DDB360DFB.jpeg

CB1B65BD-CB12-435F-A618-C468C9B6DABA.jpeg

Workhorse: T-Roc 1.5 Sport (a.k.a. SEL in UK)
Atlantic blue, 18” wheels, Panoramic sunroof, full LED, Satnav

MarkusRuski

Post by MarkusRuski » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:12 am

They came out and did a battery reset which seems to have sorted it for now. But I fully anticipate more issues as time goes on. Hopefully I’m wrong and this will resolve the matter. I’ve been advised that it could require a new software update if the issues continue.
Thanks for your reply.
VW T-Roc 1.0 tsi SE Black

Swsgm30

Post by Swsgm30 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:36 am

marcob ..... somebody's got to say it .... ask them to fix your 'upside-down display'while they're at it :)
Sorry to hear of the nightmare you are having, not good enough for a manufacturer of VW stature
1.5 TSI R-Line 150PS EVO
6-speed Manual
Pure White/Black Roof
Winter Pack, Reverse Camera
F/R mudflaps, keyless entry
Delivered - 1st March 2019
:D :D :D :D :D

SiggiGunda

Post by SiggiGunda » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:07 pm

The lane assist and acc turned off in heavy rain so I stoped and cleaned the VW badge in the grill and it it turned back on. It turned off again about 20 min later so I stoped by a gas station, cleaned the badge and applied rain x to it and do so every time I wash the car and this has not happened again.
Siggi T-ROC Sport TDI 2.0 150 BHp - 7 speed Automatic - 4 motion - panorama sun roof - Electric opening on tail-gate - Ravena Blue

marcob

Post by marcob » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:59 pm

Swsgm30 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:36 am
marcob ..... somebody's got to say it .... ask them to fix your 'upside-down display'while they're at it :)
Sorry to hear of the nightmare you are having, not good enough for a manufacturer of VW stature

Whahaha, really? Pictures upside down?

Placed them with my iPad, sorry....
Workhorse: T-Roc 1.5 Sport (a.k.a. SEL in UK)
Atlantic blue, 18” wheels, Panoramic sunroof, full LED, Satnav

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:36 pm

Start-Stop turning off? I assume you mean not working - strewth on the Audi forums, owners would kill for that not happening!

Actually it happened to me on my Audi, and when I spoke with the dealer about it, he advised that if the battery ran down a little - usually due to a number of very short trips - then start stop would de-activate, as the power level needed to power stop-start was insufficient (and keep stop starting the engine would draw the battery power down lower). And strangely he was right, soon as I did a medium-ish trip, all worked well again.
So that could possibly be why your stop-start decided to stop working
R-Line 2.0TSi DSG 4MOTION
Silver White with Black Roof
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist
Driver Assistance Pack Plus

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19

Newtroconthebloc

Post by Newtroconthebloc » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:29 am

Hawkeye wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:36 pm
Start-Stop turning off? I assume you mean not working - strewth on the Audi forums, owners would kill for that not happening!

Actually it happened to me on my Audi, and when I spoke with the dealer about it, he advised that if the battery ran down a little - usually due to a number of very short trips - then start stop would de-activate, as the power level needed to power stop-start was insufficient (and keep stop starting the engine would draw the battery power down lower). And strangely he was right, soon as I did a medium-ish trip, all worked well again.
So that could possibly be why your stop-start decided to stop working
I agree, my vauxhall does exactly that !
1.5 SEL Petrol Manual Ravenna blue Sport pack power tailgate park assist reverse camera lumbar support (ordered 11 06 18) build w/c 1/10/18|at the dealers |collecting Thursday 3rd January 19.
Rejected Aug 19.