T roc 2.0 tsi SEL dsg 4 motion 2 .5 years old CHANCE TO IT.

All Volkswagen T-Roc R related discussions
Rogerdodger

Re: T roc 2.0 tsi SEL dsg 4 motion 2 .5 years old CHANCE TO IT.

Post by Rogerdodger » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:40 pm

Beats me why you would consider a car with a hard ride and hope you get used to it! I also tried a r line but you feel every road imperfection They just aren’t as supple as ordinary tyres. , very noticeable compared to the range below. There are too many disadvantages with 19” wheels, they don’t last as long (tyres) tyre roar is more noticeable,more expensive and they kerb easier. Once you go for the fashionable look you are stuck with it and you wish you could turn back the clock. Think carefully!
1.5 petrol. Ravenna blue, d,s,g elec. boot , nov. 2019. 5,300 miles from main dealer , was demonstrator.

vernerbongo2

Post by vernerbongo2 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:35 pm

Fidds t roc wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:38 am
Ride is a little firmer than the SEL.............
Just check your tyre pressures, dealers tend to keep them too high.
I had to lower mine 🤔
Manual 1.5 petrol R-line revenna blue with black roof/wing mirrors, mud flaps, towbar.
September 2018 :P

Fidds t roc

Post by Fidds t roc » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:22 am

Checked pressure all as set 36 psi two people regular basis.
Just to clarify I expected the ride to be slightly different and it is.
I am not unhappy with it and know I have to watch rims as you should do on all modern alloys.
The last troc had 18 inch rims so not a huge increase.
I purchased the R line because I thought it was a nice improvement overall on the SEL.
I also wanted to keep to the 2.0 ltr tsi engine with dsg and 4 motion.,i don't have to have that spec but that's what I wanted.
The selected R line with full cover etc for 3 years and ease of swapping in my old car with good trade in price and a better spec with extras seemed the right thing to do.
I think the R LINE design is very good from any angle particularly with the black roof and yes I like good looking wheels.
At my time of life there is no point in not really having what you want.
As I have said previously if I see something else next year etc I will change, I suspect the depreciation will be minimal not that is a great concern.
So overall I am pleased to be driving an ultra modern good looking car loaded with technology that I have done a 2..5 Yr apprenticeship on using it in the previous t roc.
I am sure other rockers will have different opinions.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:15 pm

Rogerdodger wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:40 pm
Beats me why you would consider a car with a hard ride and hope you get used to it! I also tried a r line but you feel every road imperfection They just aren’t as supple as ordinary tyres. , very noticeable compared to the range below. There are too many disadvantages with 19” wheels, they don’t last as long (tyres) tyre roar is more noticeable,more expensive and they kerb easier. Once you go for the fashionable look you are stuck with it and you wish you could turn back the clock. Think carefully!
What a complete load of tosh. If anything the R-Line has softer suspension than other performance VAG group cars I own / have owned and you certainly don't feel "every road imperfection". As for kerbing - well that's down to the driver, nothing to do with the tyre. Tyre noise is often down to the make of tyre, not the size. Fashionable look? Really not sure what you mean by that.

There is absolutely nothing wrong, rough or anything else with the R-Line ride.
R-Line 2.0TSi DSG 4MOTION
Silver White with Black Roof
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist
Driver Assistance Pack Plus

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19

Impala

Post by Impala » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:30 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:15 pm
Rogerdodger wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:40 pm
What a complete load of tosh. If anything the R-Line has softer suspension than other performance VAG group cars I own / have owned and you certainly don't feel "every road imperfection". As for kerbing - well that's down to the driver, nothing to do with the tyre. Tyre noise is often down to the make of tyre, not the size. Fashionable look? Really not sure what you mean by that.

There is absolutely nothing wrong, rough or anything else with the R-Line ride.

Hear, hear !
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D