TROC R in Lapiz Blue

All Volkswagen T-Roc R related discussions
Ryb84

Re: TROC R in Lapiz Blue

Post by Ryb84 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:03 pm

Today’s update

As of my most recent update directly from our supplier regarding your vehicle, it is showing as being allocated an unconfirmed build week of 40. This means that your vehicle should be built within the w/c 28th September. Going from this information, your vehicle is still expected to arrive on site with the dealer Late October which will then allow for a delivery of around early November to you.
2020 T-Roc R 2.0 TSI 4Motion 300PS 7-speed DSG 5 Door in pure white.

Ordered - 07/04/2020
Expected at the dealers - 06/11/2020

aaron-troc-r

Post by aaron-troc-r » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:23 pm

I am now expecting delivery end of November instead of mid October. I have gone from In stock to June to August to September to October and now November...
2020 T-Roc R 2.0 TSI 4Motion 300PS 7-speed DSG 5 Door
Colour: Pure White
Upholstery: Flint Grey/Titanium Black

Ordered - 06/04/2020
ETA to dealership - end of November

TonyJ

Post by TonyJ » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:19 am

Hi all,

Just summarising the latest position ....

TonyJ - confirmed BW38
KPascall - confirmed BW, but not yet known ,,,,
Pablo123 - confirmed BW37 (THIS WEEK !!!)
Aaron-T-Roc - unconfirmed BW38 ?? Delivery expected end November (so cannot be BW38)
Funkyfin2000 - unconfirmed BW38
Ryb84 - unconfirmed BW40 - Now expecting delivery early November.
DJohn - confirmed BW38
htpeargo - confirmed BW38
sametodo - "Car to be built mid Sept and delivered early Oct" - unsure of confirmed BW
Bigben2504 - confirmed BW39
Sammy678 - confirmed BW38
T-Roc R 2.0 TSI 4Motion 300PS 7-speed DSG 5 Door
Colour: Indium Grey

Ordered - 16/4/20
BW38 (14/9) confirmed 21/8
Stage 5a - 22/9/20

Funkyfin2000

Post by Funkyfin2000 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:36 am

TonyJ wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:19 am
Hi all,

TonyJ - confirmed BW38
Aaron-T-Roc - unconfirmed BW38 ?? Delivery expected end November (so cannot be BW38)
DJohn - confirmed BW38
sametodo - "Car to be built mid Sept and delivered early Oct" - unsure of confirmed BW
That's right Tony and I'm getting more and more frustrated :( :(

TonyJ

Post by TonyJ » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:01 am

I can imagine ! Cannot think of any reason why some of us have heard and not others. Perhaps it is related to that dealer allocation issue which was mentioned some time ago. You would have thought though that if these are all these VWFS cars (and I think I heard the figure of 200 - not sure where I heard this...) then they would all be made at the same time ....

Ordered - 16/4/20
Stage 5a - 22/9/20

Funkyfin2000

Post by Funkyfin2000 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:34 am

TonyJ wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:01 am
I can imagine ! Cannot think of any reason why some of us have heard and not others. Perhaps it is related to that dealer allocation issue which was mentioned some time ago. You would have thought though that if these are all these VWFS cars (and I think I heard the figure of 200 - not sure where I heard this...) then they would all be made at the same time ....
Agreed - not really sure what's going on - I will ping my dealer again I think but I'm not really sure what he can do - it's just a sit and wait isn't it. Their hands are tied and they have no further info.

Hey ho :(

KPascall

Post by KPascall » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:21 am

TonyJ wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:19 am
Hi all,

TonyJ - confirmed BW38
DJohn - confirmed BW38
Sad to report that because of the delays, dealer/lease company's inability to provide a confirmed build date and the impact of Covid 19 on our jobs and household income I took the difficult decision yesterday to cancel my order. My previous Volvo V90 lease is going back next week and I've picked up a cheap in stock lease runaround from another brand that is half the monthly cost of the T-Roc R and will also be significantly cheaper to insure and run whilst incomes are reduced. Hope you all receive and enjoy your T-Rocs fairly soon. Maybe I will be able to join your ranks again as and when circumstances change.

TonyJ

Post by TonyJ » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:00 am

Hi KPascall,
Sorry to hear that you are leaving us, but I know exactly what you mean. The situation is ridiculous. Most of us were promised cars July/August, and many do not even know when they are to be built.
...and I also agree about the financial commitment. Yes, the lease is relatively cheap, but, as you say, keeping it on the road won't be. Some of these in-stock lease deals are really good value. I know I've also considered doing what you have done, especially in the current uncertain jobs climate.
Take care - and perhaps we'll have you back here when your new lease expires ! We'll try and keep everyone updated on what we think of the car, if and when it arrives !!

Ordered - 16/4/20
Stage 5a - 22/9/20

KPascall

Post by KPascall » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:27 am

TonyJ wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:00 am
Hi KPascall,
Sorry to hear that you are leaving us, but I know exactly what you mean. The situation is ridiculous. Most of us were promised cars July/August, and many do not even know when they are to be built.
...and I also agree about the financial commitment. Yes, the lease is relatively cheap, but, as you say, keeping it on the road won't be. Some of these in-stock lease deals are really good value. I know I've also considered doing what you have done, especially in the current uncertain jobs climate.
Take care - and perhaps we'll have you back here when your new lease expires ! We'll try and keep everyone updated on what we think of the car, if and when it arrives !!
Thanks Tony. Will still keep an eye on the forum and will try not to get too jealous when you eventually all get yours!

Pablo123

Post by Pablo123 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:10 am

KPascall wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:27 am
TonyJ wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:00 am
Hi KPascall,
Thanks Tony. Will still keep an eye on the forum and will try not to get too jealous when you eventually all get yours!
Definitely understand the position mate, it’s tough times ahead and tbh even I’ve considered a change at times. Unfortunately I can’t find anything that ticks the relevant boxes, is cheaper, and would be available prior to or even matching my existing delivery timeframe (albeit estimated).

Hope the replacement is decent enough to see you through. By the time you come back there’ll be plenty of reviews comparing the T-Roc R to the new Golf R!

On a separate note - it is my confirmed build week this week.. but sadly as expected no changes to the app.. despite my deleting and reinstalling twice a day! Don’t doubt that it will be in production, it would just be nice to know!