Mudflaps on a T Roc R

All Volkswagen T-Roc R related discussions
Nev10080

Mudflaps on a T Roc R

Post by Nev10080 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:36 pm

Just took my T Roc R to Volkswagen to get some mudflaps fitted ,only to be told they only fit the front as the rear don’t quite fit, anyone got ideas if there are any rear mudflaps out there that fit well

Regards Nev

htpeargo

Re: Mudflaps on a T Roc R

Post by htpeargo » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:07 am

Not Sure on an R but had front and rear fitted on my 21 sel at a dealers recently ok. Not sure if they were worth the money though
Ordered 18th July
Build date w/c 14 sept
Troc Sel
Winter Pack
Side assist
Park assist
Sports Pack
Rear View Camera
Lumber support
Picked up 15oct 20

u60555z

Post by u60555z » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:44 pm

Are the front flaps effective at stopping the mess that builds up under the door . Never had a car that gets as messy as the TROC and am wondering if mudflaps might help ?

twist

Post by twist » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:15 am

u60555z wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:44 pm
Are the front flaps effective at stopping the mess that builds up under the door . Never had a car that gets as messy as the TROC and am wondering if mudflaps might help ?
@Impala has a better solution. I believe he stuck some foam in the gap and it solved it completely. I’m sure he can explain it better though.

I wish this forum had an actual user paging system. Tagging users with @ does nothing and I’m not sure why we continue doing it :lol:
UK 1.5 DSG R-line in Indium Grey
Keyless, park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar support
Ordered: 11/12/19 / Collected 20/03/20

doggy

Post by doggy » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:51 am

I just lowered mine and I no longer get any mud there. :lol: :lol:
NL: T-Roc 2.0 TSI Sport, R-Line, Energetic Orange. 260hp, de-chromed, Pretoria black rims, Eibach Pro-Kit, valve exhaust
GR: Polo 6N (was 1050cc), 1.6 16v, GT28BB, Lancia Delta Integralle ECU. Ferrari red, custom interior
GR: Ibiza 101hp the holiday car

Impala

Post by Impala » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:05 pm

twist wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:15 am
u60555z wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:44 pm
@Impala has a better solution. I believe he stuck some foam in the gap and it solved it completely. I’m sure he can explain it better though.

I wish this forum had an actual user paging system. Tagging users with @ does nothing and I’m not sure why we continue doing it :lol:

I assumed u60555z was referring to muck on the outside of the sills, whereas my 'solution' prevents the muck getting up inside the gap along the bottom of the door and building up on the inner door sill. I must try to get some pics.
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line MY19 Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

twist

Post by twist » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:31 pm

Impala wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:05 pm

I assumed u60555z was referring to muck on the outside of the sills, whereas my 'solution' prevents the muck getting up inside the gap along the bottom of the door and building up on the inner door sill. I must try to get some pics.

Here’s something interesting: my SEL did not suffer the problem. It was only when I got the R-line that I noticed it. Coincidence? I’m not sure. Lower ride height and larger wheels? I suppose it’s possible.

In any case, I wouldn’t mind seeing your solution as it’s beginning to look like I frequently take shortcuts through swamps :x

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:06 pm

twist wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:31 pm
Impala wrote:

Here’s something interesting: my SEL did not suffer the problem. It was only when I got the R-line that I noticed it. Coincidence? I’m not sure. Lower ride height and larger wheels? I suppose it’s possible.

In any case, I wouldn’t mind seeing your solution as it’s beginning to look like I frequently take shortcuts through swamps :x
Never had any problem with a build up of mud or dirt anywhere on my R-Line.

As for fitting mudflaps - cause more problems on any car than they are worth IMO, too easy to catch on kerbs, completely spoil the looks and on the T-ROC, totally unnecessary. 15k miles and not a mark down the sides of mine, no stone chips or other such marks, and that includes driving regularly down some really grubby country lanes - in fact the car has probably spent almost half its life driving down muddy filthy country lanes and worst I had down the sides was some horse doo doo.
R-Line 2.0TSi DSG 4MOTION
Silver White with Black Roof
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist
Driver Assistance Pack Plus

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19

twist

Post by twist » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:29 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:06 pm
twist wrote:
Impala wrote:

As for fitting mudflaps - cause more problems on any car than they are worth IMO, too easy to catch on kerbs, completely spoil the looks and on the T-ROC, totally unnecessary. 15k miles and not a mark down the sides of mine, no stone chips or other such marks, and that includes driving regularly down some really grubby country lanes - in fact the car has probably spent almost half its life driving down muddy filthy country lanes and worst I had down the sides was some horse doo doo.
I believe the area we are talking about is the black edge that is only visible when the door is open (the bottom of the door hides it when closed but there must be a gap that allows muck in). Are you saying that part of your T-Roc never gets dirty? If so, I’d say some of us have faulty fitting parts and perhaps grounds for warranty work.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:36 am

twist wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:29 pm
Hawkeye wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:06 pm
twist wrote:

I believe the area we are talking about is the black edge that is only visible when the door is open (the bottom of the door hides it when closed but there must be a gap that allows muck in). Are you saying that part of your T-Roc never gets dirty? If so, I’d say some of us have faulty fitting parts and perhaps grounds for warranty work.
In all honesty, no build up of any sorts @twist, yes it gets water and dirt marks same as the rest of the sills do, but nothing like what has previously been described. Maybe I'm just lucky....

Attached picture of what you are describing - haven't washed inside the doors all summer so this is the build up over a few months. Personally it's no more than I would expect in all honesty - and I've been up and down country lanes through sun and downpours - roads around here generally pretty muddy and dirty.

IMG_3679.jpg

R-Line 2.0TSi DSG 4MOTION
Silver White with Black Roof
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist
Driver Assistance Pack Plus

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19