Winter Pack, Reverse Camera
F/R mudflaps, keyless entry
Delivered - 1st March :D :D :D :D :D

Impala

Re: T Roc R 300ps

Post by Impala » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:38 pm

JAMCT wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:29 am
All this banter is in the T-Roc Chat thread on the original T-Roc forum so do we rearly need a 'R' sub-forum? :? ............We may end up with some R-Line posting on the wrong forum :oops: .

Just a thought since the OP of this thread did not post it on the 'R' forum :!:
I agree it is confusing with dissussions on the same subject being posted in different places. The same is happening with some new members using the 'Introductions' area to start new discussion topics that ought to be in the main discussion area.

If you look closely, the 'R' sub-forum and 'Main T-Roc R Chat' were created by Rob on Feb 15, while this topic under the original 'Main Volkswagen T-Roc Chat' was created by TurboTrev on Feb 25.

So your question really should be, why was there any need to start this topic under the 'Main Volkswagen T-Roc Chat' when there already was a place for T-Roc R discussion in its own sub-forum ? Clearly, the OP was in the wrong place.

That's now history and we are where we are.

However, besides the confusion, what bothers me more about this is that every time someone posts to this topic, it activates 'Unread posts' for the 'Main Volkswagen T-Roc Chat' and the only way to clear that is to then open and read this topic. Fair enough you might say, but the T-Roc R is a high performance enthusiast's car and as such is of less significance for me (and I suspect the majority of members) compared to the other topics being discussed.

To resolve this, and perhaps satisfy R enthusiasts as well as the mainstream members, perhaps Rob could do the following;

(a) Move the 'Main T-Roc R Chat' from the 'R' sub-forum into the 'Volkswagen T-Roc Forum Area' as a new category alongside the original 'Main Volkswagen T-Roc Chat', then

(b) Move this Topic 'T-Roc R 300ps' from the 'Main Volkswagen T-Roc Chat' into the 'Main T-Roc R Chat' in its new location and joining the other 'R' topics already there.

After that, the separate 'T-Roc R' sub-forum can be deleted.

Just my suggestion, but if other 'R' followers like yourself agree this would be a good compromise then we can ask Rob if he can make the changes outlined above.
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

JAMCT

Post by JAMCT » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:27 pm

Excellant assessment Impala :P . I fully concur with your suggestions, I could not have said it better. ROB, please take note :!:
T-Roc 1.5 TSI Design, (KANGAROO FREE)
Ravenna Blue, Black Roof/Door Mirrors, Silver Roof rails
Ravenna Blue dashpads
LED H'lights/Irregular Hexagon :ugeek: Running Lights
RearView Camera
Park Assist
Electric Tailgate
17" Mayfield Black Alloys

Impala

Post by Impala » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:49 pm

JAMCT wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:27 pm
Excellant assessment Impala :P . I fully concur with your suggestions, I could not have said it better. ROB, please take note :!:
Thanks JAMCT, I have sent a PM to Rob as I don't know how closely he follows these discussions, so a PM seemed like the best way to bring this to his attention.
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:18 am

Hi,
I've moved this into the sub forum.

Just to explain my reasons for creating the R Forum - it is likely to expand to include its own technical and modifications sub forums and I thought it would be a good idea to group it all together. I understand the needs and posts of the 'standard' T-Roc might differ from those with the performance model.

Cheers