Where do I find my Drafts

Suggestions & Help using the Volkswagen T-Roc Forum
Post Reply
Swsgm30
Posts: 364
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:06 pm
Location: Swansea

Where do I find my Drafts

Post by Swsgm30 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:46 pm

I'm probably missing something obvious but, can you advise where I can recover any drafts of threads that I've started typing? On a number of occasions I've been typing merrily away, hit a wrong key and found myself somewhere else within the site :!: Is there a way to recover the situation?
1.5 TSI R-Line 150PS EVO
6-speed Manual
Pure White/Black Roof
Winter Pack, Reverse Camera
F/R mudflaps, keyless entry
Delivered - 1st March 2019
:D :D :D :D :D

Steve
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:23 pm
Location: Leicestershire England

Re: Where do I find my Drafts

Post by Steve » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:52 pm

Have you tried user control panel then manage drafts?But i dont think they will be there if you have not saved them :(
1.5 TSI EVO SE Energetic Orange.Black roof and roof rails.Black mirrors.Park assist.Lane assist.

Swsgm30
Posts: 364
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:06 pm
Location: Swansea

Re: Where do I find my Drafts

Post by Swsgm30 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:04 am

Steve wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:52 pm
Have you tried user control panel then manage drafts?But i dont think they will be there if you have not saved them :(
No, they're not there, probably 'cos at the time I lose them I haven't saved them .. I've accidentally hit another key ... I was hoping they might defaut to a 'Drafts Folder' like emails do.
1.5 TSI R-Line 150PS EVO
6-speed Manual
Pure White/Black Roof
Winter Pack, Reverse Camera
F/R mudflaps, keyless entry
Delivered - 1st March 2019
:D :D :D :D :D

Impala
Posts: 1483
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 3:03 pm

Re: Where do I find my Drafts

Post by Impala » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:26 pm

Drafts are not stored automatically.

You have to create your reply using 'Full Editor & Preview' mode rather than 'Quick Reply', then below the text entry box there is a button labelled 'Save draft'.

You can find the saved drafts in the User Control Panel (a drop-down option when you click on your user name at the top right of any screen).

Alternatively, use this link ... ucp.php?i=ucp_main&mode=drafts

In the list of saved drafts (if there are any), you can 'load' the draft for further editing or to submit the post, or you can delete the draft.
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

Swsgm30
Posts: 364
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:06 pm
Location: Swansea

Re: Where do I find my Drafts

Post by Swsgm30 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:54 am

Impala wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:26 pm
Drafts are not stored automatically.

You have to create your reply using 'Full Editor & Preview' mode rather than 'Quick Reply', then below the text entry box there is a button labelled 'Save draft'.

You can find the saved drafts in the User Control Panel (a drop-down option when you click on your user name at the top right of any screen).

Alternatively, use this link ... ucp.php?i=ucp_main&mode=drafts

In the list of saved drafts (if there are any), you can 'load' the draft for further editing or to submit the post, or you can delete the draft.
Thanks Impala, I had a feeling they were lost as I obviously hadn't saved them .. shame really as once or twice I've been typing away for quite a few minutes before messing up and then can't be bothered to retype .. the moment is lost :roll:
1.5 TSI R-Line 150PS EVO
6-speed Manual
Pure White/Black Roof
Winter Pack, Reverse Camera
F/R mudflaps, keyless entry
Delivered - 1st March 2019
:D :D :D :D :D

Impala
Posts: 1483
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 3:03 pm

Re: Where do I find my Drafts

Post by Impala » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:12 pm

If you Preview your reply, then you can use the browser's Back button and you will get back to before your last preview, so that my provide a partial recovery.
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

Swsgm30
Posts: 364
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:06 pm
Location: Swansea

Re: Where do I find my Drafts

Post by Swsgm30 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:30 pm

Impala wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:12 pm
If you Preview your reply, then you can use the browser's Back button and you will get back to before your last preview, so that my provide a partial recovery.
Thanks again Impala ;)
1.5 TSI R-Line 150PS EVO
6-speed Manual
Pure White/Black Roof
Winter Pack, Reverse Camera
F/R mudflaps, keyless entry
Delivered - 1st March 2019
:D :D :D :D :D

Post Reply