Hello from Scotland

New to the Volkswagen T-Roc Forums? Introduce yourself here
mariner

Hello from Scotland

Post by mariner » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:11 am

Sad story here and i'm looking for your experience in fighting for something that works like a real car.

Ordered T-Roc in August 2018, took delivery March 30th 2019 and been fighting the damn thing since.

twist

Re: Hello from Scotland

Post by twist » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:03 am

Kangarooing problem or something else?
1.5 DSG SEL in Indium Grey
Park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar supports, “chilly bum” pack
Ordered: 19/03/19
Built: 10/06/19
Collected 01/07/19

T Roo

Post by T Roo » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:52 pm

Concede defeat and get rid back to the dealer. It’s a car; there are plenty of alternatives. If you have a 1.5 VAG engine of this era it is doomed and won’t be worth tuppence if you keep hanging on imho.

mariner

Post by mariner » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:14 pm

Very good advice and things are in motion to hopefully conclude the saga, However, to further entertain you I’d like to cut short the story,

Over the past months I=ve been talking to Volkswagen, moaning a lot, and just letting them know that things were not my idea of my expectations from Volkswagen. Over the years I have purchased VW cars exclusively; a Passat, a Jetta, two Tiguan and now this T-Roc.

The dealer is 50 miles away and personally I think the mechanic is useless. When the patches/fixes have been available, his method of installation is first to ‘reset’ everything before making the install (this is derived from an internet connection to Volkswagen) and we have made several trips to have the patches applied only to be told on the last occasion that it was duplicated. ( had thought that there were two separate fixes.)

Anyway, just yesterday I had a call from a new person at VW in Sheffield who volunteered to work with the dealer following receipt. Of my rejection letter !

I have to admit that I don’t what to do about a replacement car. I have recently been told I have to have cataract surgery and cannot drive. Also my wife has recently acquired a heart condition so driving for her is a stressful experience.

Sorry to be long-winded over this but “that’s the truth and nothing but the truth” !!

T Roo

Post by T Roo » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:01 pm

Sorry to hear of the medical issues mariner; your health can do without the stress of a VW with problems. There are a number of similar stories on this forum about similar hassle and, frankly, a time has to come when enough is enough.

Good luck with the rejection - to be fair, VW seem to be playing a straight bat with people who have tried but remain frustrated with their cars.

Public transport and taxis seem to be the next move - not sure how convenient this would be for you? Whatever, good health for you and your wife come first.

Cars are becoming less of a pleasure anyway ;)

mariner

Post by mariner » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:25 pm

Thank you T Roo.

I appreciate your good wishes and yes, cars have passed the stage where enjoyment could be derived simply by a trip into the countryside. I may be 88 and have had a lifetime of experience in industry and the internet but this 'in-between' stage in automotive development is a PITA. The damn things are too smart but I suppose it is the driver who has to upgrade their own senses !