Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner

T-Roc Delivery Timelines 2021

93K views 247 replies 35 participants last post by  Daniel Russell 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Apologies if there's already a separate topic about this.

Thought of starting a new topic to track the delivery timelines as well as updates for various stages of the order (prep, built, shipped, etc) for T-Roc's ordered in 2021, so as we can all track or predict our respective deliveries :idea:

I'll start with my order details below:

T-Roc Active 1.5 Petrol DSG
Panoramic Sunroof
Digital Cockpit
Reversing Camera
Heated Steering Wheel

Ordered: 31st May 2021
Build Week confirmed: 27
Current Stage: 3 (Build Week confirmed)
Estimated Delivery Date from Dealer: Between 31st August and 7th September

Will provide further updates as and when it moves through to the next stages.

Don't want to get my hopes high but does anyone know if August end is actually possible considering a lot of added features mentioned above ( such as sunroof etc), as they might add time to the build process ??

Hope to get more delivery timelines on this Topic :)

See less See more
G
#102 ·
SwankyTroc said:
Charley91 said:
Mine is still stuck in Setubal and has been sat at port for about 10 days - something to do with the chip shortage and also staff shortages at the port - possibly a similar situation to you @SwankyTroc. I've checked this morning and Aquarius Ace is currently docked in Barcelona and its next destination is Setubal - hoping mine will be on that before it makes it's journey back to Sheerness/Grimsby/Tyne.
@Charley91 - Mine is also sat at Port of Setabul in Stage5a just like you and @Kerryp

Most likely ours might end up on Aquarius Ace but there's another vehicles carrier Patara which VW have used in the past and is heading to Setabul via Emdem. So might be worth tracking both and see which one ends up first at Setabul.
How do we track the boats?

#103 ·
Impala said:
Be aware that the vehicle carrier ships which transport T-Rocs to the UK also pick up some models of SEAT and Renault cars and vans from Barcelona before calling at Setubal. It is generally the case that T-Rocs will not get on the first ship that calls at Setubal.

In my own case after my order went to stage 5a in 2019, I tracked ships for 3 weeks before my car was eventually loaded.

Nothing wrong with excitement and anticipation, just don't get your hopes up too soon.
Thanks for the heads up. Makes sense. Wont get my hopes too high.
Quick question - Do you get a notification from VW or the car dealer when its loaded on a ship?

#104 ·
Beckyroo87 said:
How do we track the boats?
Various websites like myshiptracking or marinetraffic. Google might help you with some other websites too that I'm not aware of.

#105 ·
SwankyTroc said:
Quick question - Do you get a notification from VW or the car dealer when its loaded on a ship?
At one time VW had 3 'In Transit' stages (5a, 5b and 5c) which were supposed to give some finer detail of the progress of shipping, but in practice customers only ever see 5a (In Transit - Left the factory) and you will not get notification of when a car is assigned and/or loaded on to ship. In fact, most never get notification when their car has arrived in the UK.

However, VW's internal order processing and tracking systems do contain a lot of additional information, some (or all ?) of which can be accessed by the dealers and some of them will pass on progress updates to customers, either when requested or pro-actively. In theory, VW Customer Services could do the same but I doubt very much if they are allowed to and will just refer you back to the dealer.

What you get really depends on the dealer and sales person who sold the car - some may be too busy, on holiday, or just can't be bothered. All that you can do is ask politely and hope for the best. They are under no obligation to keep you informed, and some will only contact you once the car is on a transporter and en-route to the dealership or has arrived. Badgering them every day for an update would not be welcome, but once your order has reached Stage 5(a) and left the factory, a request to your dealer/sales person for a weekly update might not be unreasonable.

Dealers often have a block of registration numbers available, so I usually ask if I can choose a number that may have some personal link, be easy to remember or just fun (eg LV 21 ROC), but you need to ask the dealer before the car arrives as they usually progress the registration and paperwork quickly.

Good luck !

#106 ·
Impala said:
At one time VW had 3 'In Transit' stages (5a, 5b and 5c) which were supposed to give some finer detail of the progress of shipping, but in practice customers only ever see 5a (In Transit - Left the factory) and you will not get notification of when a car is assigned and/or loaded on to ship. In fact, most never get notification when their car has arrived in the UK.

However, VW's internal order processing and tracking systems do contain a lot of additional information, some (or all ?) of which can be accessed by the dealers and some of them will pass on progress updates to customers, either when requested or pro-actively. In theory, VW Customer Services could do the same but I doubt very much if they are allowed to and will just refer you back to the dealer.

What you get really depends on the dealer and sales person who sold the car - some may be too busy, on holiday, or just can't be bothered. All that you can do is ask politely and hope for the best. They are under no obligation to keep you informed, and some will only contact you once the car is on a transporter and en-route to the dealership or has arrived. Badgering them every day for an update would not be welcome, but once your order has reached Stage 5(a) and left the factory, a request to your dealer/sales person for a weekly update might not be unreasonable.

Dealers often have a block of registration numbers available, so I usually ask if I can choose a number that may have some personal link, be easy to remember or just fun (eg LV 21 ROC), but you need to ask the dealer before the car arrives as they usually progress the registration and paperwork quickly.

Good luck !
Thanks for the insight. Quite helpful, I must say. Agree, wont bother dealer time and again. Just going to drop an email to get weekly updates.

Regarding the reg plate, going for a personalised one. So hopefully that should be ok.

#108 ·
Impala said:
Seal said:
there are thousands of T-Rocs waiting for parts, in the port of Setubal, many will only leave the port in the beginning of September
So to keep the production lines going, are they moving incomplete cars to a holding area at the port (we've seen pics in the past when there were dock strikes), then sending mechanics and parts to Setubal to finish the build ? What will that do for quality ? Can't say I'd fancy getting a 'factory built' car that way.
It is not how it works,currently in many ports there are cars of the brand vw, mercedes, bmw, etc.
this is because the factories are currently made to make cars already purchased by the customer and not for stock, therefore not car storage areas, so the ports or transport areas are storage areas for their vehicles, what happens is that the work of putting the missing parts is that the cars return to the factory to put the parts,currently as cars are parked for a long time the battery is less charged and as all cars have to do an electrical test this would be technically impossible in the ports so the cars come to the factory,can you imagine the amount of cars in Emden?

#109 ·
Hi All.
Ordered T-ROC SEL 2.0 TSI 4Motion with dynamic suspension and lumbar support as extras. Order placed with Caffyns of Worthing in first week of June. Told delivery time was 12/13 weeks. Thus, provisional delivery in first week September. Since told by Caffyns that the "provisional" build week was first week in October. Thus looking at delivery of late October. Already slipped by some 7/8 weeks. Probably slip some more? Asked Caffyns for Order Tracking Number. Given an eight digit numerical code. VW tracker says it don't recognise this and wants letters as well as numbers. Anyone have an idea what a VW Tracking code should look like?

#110 ·
Tharg said:
Hi All.
Ordered T-ROC SEL 2.0 TSI 4Motion with dynamic suspension and lumbar support as extras. Order placed with Caffyns of Worthing in first week of June. Told delivery time was 12/13 weeks. Thus, provisional delivery in first week September. Since told by Caffyns that the "provisional" build week was first week in October. Thus looking at delivery of late October. Already slipped by some 7/8 weeks. Probably slip some more? Asked Caffyns for Order Tracking Number. Given an eight digit numerical code. VW tracker says it don't recognise this and wants letters as well as numbers. Anyone have an idea what a VW Tracking code should look like?
Hi,
Welcome to the forum. This has been replied to earlier within the same post (may be between pages 4 and 7) along with some screenshots.

You'd need to register on the VW website and add the 8 digit order number (it is correct) for tracking. Then you should be able to login and check order status yourself.

Hope this helps. 🙂

#111 ·
The reference you need is an 8 digit number (no letters). Website starting point is here

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners-and-drivers/my#/

If you haven't already done so, you need to register to create an account

Once registered and logged in there should be an option to add a car followed by the options to add 'a car I own' or 'a car I ordered'. Clicking on the ordered option should then ask for the order number.
Good luck and apologies if my explanation is a bit confusing (it certainly confused me first time!!)

#112 ·
Ste007, hi and thanks for the info. Have already registered with VW site. Reckon that the "register vehicle" thingey is the way to go. Will give it a try. Thanks again...

#113 ·
An observation regarding the order tracker on the my vw website:
I was informed my build week was to be week 29 (week commencing 19 July). I have been monitoring the order status on the tracker and it seemed to be stuck on stage 3, build week confirmed. I happened to be browsing the t-cross equivalent of this forum and someone suggested that deleting the ordered vehicle from 'my cars' and re-registering it might update the status. I did this just now and, hey presto, status is now at stage 4, car is being built :D

#114 ·
Ste007 said:
I happened to be browsing the t-cross equivalent of this forum and someone suggested that deleting the ordered vehicle from 'my cars' and re-registering it might update the status.
Apologies, it was the Tiguan forum.

#115 ·
SwankyTroc said:
UPDATE:

Aquarius Ace has left Barcelona port this afternoon and is scheduled to arrive in Setubal on July 30th (Scheduled Arrival: 20:00Hrs and Estimated Arrival: 15:18Hrs). Hopefully, most likely, ours would end up on this vehicle carrier as it could take much longer for Patara to reach Setubal.
Update
Aquarius Ace has now left Setubal and scheduled to arrive Grimsby on August 4th. Hopefully @Kerryp and @Charley91, yours might arrive then if they were boarded on this ship. For me, as I'm close to London, I would have thought port used would be Sheerness. Hope it calls at Sheerness after Grimsby.

#116 ·
SwankyTroc said:
SwankyTroc said:
UPDATE:

Aquarius Ace has left Barcelona port this afternoon and is scheduled to arrive in Setubal on July 30th (Scheduled Arrival: 20:00Hrs and Estimated Arrival: 15:18Hrs). Hopefully, most likely, ours would end up on this vehicle carrier as it could take much longer for Patara to reach Setubal.
Update
Aquarius Ace has now left Setubal and scheduled to arrive Grimsby on August 4th. Hopefully @Kerryp and @Charley91, yours might arrive then if they were boarded on this ship. For me, as I'm close to London, I would have thought port used would be Sheerness. Hope it calls at Sheerness after Grimsby.
Ooh I hope so,then it'll be ready for 1st sept &#x1f91e-1f3fc;

#117 ·
Tried everything Ste007 advised. Have used as many way of signing in and/or entering number on VW site but all it says in the "Commission number or VIN" box for the "Add Vehicle" bit is:

This commission number or vehicle identification number (VIN) is invalid. Please check the capitalisation and that the character "0" (number) has not been entered instead of "O" (letter) or vice versa.

Anyone else had this problem? Could it, Gods forbid, mean that tracking number is invalid because dealer has not properly placed order? Am a Newbie here and suspect that am really doing something wrong. So, apologies for confusion and thanks for help.

#118 ·
When you log in you need to use the my vw uk button rather than the other one

Automotive tire Tire Wheel Line Font

When you then add a car it should ask for the order number which is the 8 digit numerical number your dealer gave you. Going the global dashboard route will ask for a vin or commission number but this won't work. It is confusing and it took me several attempts before I was successful

Attachments

#119 ·
Ste007 - your help, and patience (!) greatly appreciated. Will try this - actually thought I had tried it, but the VW site seems to throw you off all over the place. Ask for one thing, get something else etc. Will have another go. Thanks again.

#120 ·
Brilliant, Ste007! Worked a treat, mate. Realise the problem I had - having originally set up and registered an ident, and given all the details, was not prepared to have to do it all again when entering the UK bit. Thought it was an error and tried to start again.
So can now watch the "progress" of my red monster, hoping that it moves to build-date conformed soon!
Cheers.

#121 ·
SwankyTroc said:
SwankyTroc said:
UPDATE:

Update
I spoke to VW CS earlier. Mine has been "assigned to a ship". Apparently they're no longer able to tell you whether it's on a ship or which ship it's on, but they did say it's "highly likely" it's on Aquarius Ace.

Also agree with the idea of deleting your order from the tracker and re-entering it. The only time my tracker has ever changed is after I've deleted it and re-entered it. Dealer said the T-Roc tracker is terrible and really unreliable (apparently not the case if we'd have bought a polo as their trackers are on point &#x1f937-2640;).

Anyway, fingers crossed for an "arrived in the UK" notification on the 4th or shortly after 😁

#122 ·
Hi,

Just wanted to know can anyone share the link of where to track your nee vehicles. Ive searched the VW website and can't seem to find it and I tried to look on the MyVW but it's not in English so I'm having a mare over here. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

#123 ·
If you go back a couple of pages there is a handy guide (with links and screenshots) from a couple of days ago :cool:

#124 ·
So as with other recent posts in this thread, my order has been sat at "with factory" for 5 weeks... delete the vehicle and re-add and miraculously is moved on to Stage 3 "build week"... but the web page doesn't actually tell you which build week it is... :roll: holy hell but VW should really consider outsourcing their IT and web design :D

I presume I need to contact my dealer to find out the build week number then?

#126 ·
Hello, I'm in similar situation with new tiguan order to replace my troc . Ordered tiguan 24april and sat at stage 2 for 14 weeks, deleted and re-entered mon 02 August where it moved to stage 3 although as with you actual build week not confirmed. Looked thru FAQS and it does state that build week normally confirmed 4 weeks prior to actual build week. Dealer keeping me updated, although salesperson on holiday this week but did promise to call when he gets back in. Still living in hope for (early) Christmas present. Good luck with yours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.