Hello!

New to the Volkswagen T-Roc Forums? Introduce yourself here
amitjaip

Hello!

Post by amitjaip » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:36 pm

Hello!

So, I'm not actually the owner of the t-roc, my dad is. I'm the proud owner of a 67 plate Golf GTI PP. However my dad, wanted the new T-Roc. After ringing round the dealers I scored him an amazing deal on exactly what he wanted! T-Roc R-Line 1.5 EVO DSG. We ordered 1st week of December with a predicted delivery of 31st March. Called the dealer today to get an update, and apparently VW have delayed all 1.5 DSG's across T-Roc and Golf to build week 22 onwards. So our T-Roc is now due to be built 1st week of July.

Has anyone else heard of or had a lead time of what would be 8 months to delivery?
67 Plate Golf GTI PP DSG in Atlantic Blue

Ordered 1.5 DSG R-Line in White Silver

Options:
Panoramic sunroof
Park assist
Driver Assistance Pack Plus
Black roof
Keyless
Electric Tailgate

JAMCT

Re: Hello!

Post by JAMCT » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:28 pm

T-Roc 1.5 TSI Design, (KANGAROO FREE)
Ravenna Blue, Black Roof/Door Mirrors, Silver Roof rails
Ravenna Blue dashpads
LED H'lights/Irregular Hexagon :ugeek: Running Lights
RearView Camera
Park Assist
Electric Tailgate
17" Mayfield Black Alloys

Impala

Post by Impala » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:45 pm

amitjaip wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:36 pm
Hello!

So, I'm not actually the owner of the t-roc, my dad is. I'm the proud owner of a 67 plate Golf GTI PP. However my dad, wanted the new T-Roc. After ringing round the dealers I scored him an amazing deal on exactly what he wanted! T-Roc R-Line 1.5 EVO DSG. We ordered 1st week of December with a predicted delivery of 31st March. Called the dealer today to get an update, and apparently VW have delayed all 1.5 DSG's across T-Roc and Golf to build week 22 onwards. So our T-Roc is now due to be built 1st week of July.

Has anyone else heard of or had a lead time of what would be 8 months to delivery?
You have let yourself in for a barrage of posts re lead times.

I've been waiting since June last year and have only just been given an unconfirmed build week 25 which if I'm lucky might get delivered in July or August, so how about 14 months. I've said if that's the case I'll wait till Sept for the 69 plate.
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

amitjaip

Post by amitjaip » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:29 pm

Impala wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:45 pm
amitjaip wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:36 pm
Hello!

You have let yourself in for a barrage of posts re lead times.

I've been waiting since June last year and have only just been given an unconfirmed build week 25 which if I'm lucky might get delivered in July or August, so how about 14 months. I've said if that's the case I'll wait till Sept for the 69 plate.
😮😮 Wow! I organised a 1.5 DSG SEL factory order for my aunt in August 18, which was delivered in November. And arranged another for another relative, ordered a 1.5 DSG SEL too in November 18 and it's built and in the UK port awaiting a transporter. Both custom builds/specs.

Options:
Panoramic sunroof
Park assist
Black roof
Keyless
Electric Tailgate

Impala

Post by Impala » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:21 pm

amitjaip, I have been asking my dealer to explain how that has been happening but so far they are as confused as I am.

The best explanation i've read on the forum is that earlier orders went into a holding spot while WLTP testing was going on, but when that finally cleared they either were put at the end of the queue or they were added in reverse order ! It is total incompetence by VW.
Ordered 22/06/18

mvk

Post by mvk » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:10 am

Mine was ordered on 25 July and delivered, and collected 3 September a SE1.0 all went well.
1.0 TSI SE Special solid - Pure white

amitjaip

Post by amitjaip » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:44 pm

Impala wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:21 pm
amitjaip, I have been asking my dealer to explain how that has been happening but so far they are as confused as I am.

The best explanation i've read on the forum is that earlier orders went into a holding spot while WLTP testing was going on, but when that finally cleared they either were put at the end of the queue or they were added in reverse order ! It is total incompetence by VW.
Right! Well today I got the reason for the order being delayed, and that was down to the supply of DSG boxes for these 1.5's is quite high, even more so now the engine is used by 60% of Audi's range, most of Seat and Skoda's range now too. So I threatened to pull my order. They then proceeded to offer me some slightly different R-Lines that are in group but built and on the way to the UK. Rejected each option as it's not what we wanted. They said to give them half an hour, so I did, they came back saying they've found a car in grey but the same spec as what we ordered, being built on 11th March. They have contacted VW UK and they have successfully managed to change the colour from grey to white without changing the build week, and I now have a new order number with a build slot 😁. Looking for delivery to be end of April at the latest!

Options:
Panoramic sunroof
Park assist
Black roof
Keyless
Electric Tailgate

Impala

Post by Impala » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:45 pm

Please tell me more amitjaip ... what model/trim is that and what is the engine/transmission ?

Sadly, I still do not have a build week despite being back to my dealer and asking them to contact VW UK to find any similar cars in UK stock or in the pipeline but not yet beuilt or delivered to dealers. They said there were none !
Ordered 22/06/18

amitjaip

Post by amitjaip » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:20 pm

Impala wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:45 pm
Please tell me more amitjaip ... what model/trim is that and what is the engine/transmission ?

Sadly, I still do not have a build week despite being back to my dealer and asking them to contact VW UK to find any similar cars in UK stock or in the pipeline but not yet beuilt or delivered to dealers. They said there were none !
Hi Impala!

I ordered a 1.5 EVO DSG R-Line in pure white with black roof, keyless entry and electric tailgate as the options.

I really do feel for you! I have quite some experience with VW dealers as I have a friend who used to work for a VW dealer not so long ago. Can I ask which dealer you have bought yours from?

When you place an order it's down to your dealer to tag a vehicle for you. And the ability to amend orders and search for un-tagged cars is much greater at the bigger (national) dealerships. Your smaller dealers will not necessarily place as many orders as the bigger ones, meaning they have less cars to rummage through. The grey car they've amended for us was meant to be going up to the north east.

Options:
Panoramic sunroof
Park assist
Black roof
Keyless
Electric Tailgate

amitjaip

Post by amitjaip » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:00 pm

Build week for the new order number now confirmed! Delivery will be in April!

Options:
Panoramic sunroof
Park assist
Black roof
Keyless
Electric Tailgate