1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
User avatar
T Roo
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:20 am
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by T Roo » Wed May 15, 2019 5:31 pm

Newtroconthebloc wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:28 pm
What’s your decision?
I was hoping the bold text in my post conveyed that :)

1.5 tsi emoo | Kangaroo Pack | Mooing Brakes Pack | VW Indifference Pack | Detachable Spoiler

Newtroconthebloc
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:24 pm
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by Newtroconthebloc » Wed May 15, 2019 5:33 pm

T Roo wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:31 pm
Newtroconthebloc wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:28 pm
What’s your decision?
I was hoping the bold text in my post conveyed that :)
Yes but are you actually going through with it ?
That is the question !
1.5 SEL Petrol Manual Ravenna blue Sport pack power tailgate park assist reverse camera lumbar support (ordered 11 06 18) build w/c 1/10/18|at the dealers |collecting Thursday 3rd January 19.

User avatar
T Roo
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:20 am
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by T Roo » Wed May 15, 2019 5:37 pm

Newtroconthebloc wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:33 pm
Yes but are you actually going through with it ?
That is the question !
Yes. That is the answer!

1.5 tsi emoo | Kangaroo Pack | Mooing Brakes Pack | VW Indifference Pack | Detachable Spoiler

SamR
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 4:10 pm

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by SamR » Wed May 15, 2019 5:50 pm

I am in process of rejecting, initiated on 11th April but being slowplayed VWFS under their 8 week customer concern policy. They have previously admitted to me that they know the 1.5 evo engine is defective but they are working on a fix.

My concern is now fix is available, we have to give them the opportunity to attempt to fix at least once under the Consumer Rights Act I’ve been working from.

Not sure you I can just push forward with completing rejection now, which is frustrating?

FLC2091
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 1:45 pm

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by FLC2091 » Wed May 15, 2019 7:03 pm

Musicegbdf wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:11 pm
Hi Flc2091,
Were you told to try it for 600 miles ? Skoda owners were told this and the ECU had to “learn” the change .
Though I suspect that the real fix has to be more fundamental than software update .
No advice re 600 miles for ecu to “learn” got the impression dealer knew little or nothing about the fix. Car only went in for diagnostics, which showed the car to have the problem. Software update came as a surprise to me and the dealers service department. They were geared up to start a buyback.

Since giving feedback on the software update buyback initiated by the dealer at the beginning of the week. Waiting on a reply from the customer relations manager who is dedicated to the issue at VW head office... Jenny somebody or other.

Impala
Posts: 707
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 3:03 pm
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 204 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by Impala » Wed May 15, 2019 9:18 pm

T Roo wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 11:18 pm
Jk320 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:18 am
Here in Finland our Passat 1.5TSI DSG got its update (released friday) yesterday. They didn't tell exactly what it was about and it should have an effect immediately. After a short test in +5 it has at least improved the car significantly. The car doesn't hesitate anymore when launching and I might be wrong but it feels like it's slipping the clutch more. When driving with steady throttle I didn't feel anything unusual. I hope this is the case also in colder weather and that this would mean a fix is possible for every 1.5 around. I have to try it again if it still gets even a bit colder.
Hmm, y'see if 'slipping the clutch more' is the so-called solution, it doesn't cut it with me. I can slip the clutch excessively to overcome the first gear hesitation but that's not the point. Who will be funding all the worn out clutches that occur as a result of a crummy 'fix'?

It'll be you and me.

The cars should be fixed so that they run like every other modern car and that is smoothly and without excessive clutch slip or give us our money back for selling a not fit for purpose dud for which a proper fix is not (apparently) achievable.
Maybe jumping the gun T Roo. Let's wait and hear from owners of manual 1.5s who have this latest 'fix' applied. If it works for them it can't be anything to do with 'slipping the clutch'. Who knows, but we need to give it a chance before condeming.

Update: I've now read the subsequent posts which are less favourable than had been originally posted. We need more time and more people having the 'fix' applied across Skoda and Audi too.
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered: 22/06/18
Stage 2: 27/06/18
Stage 3: 08/03/19
Build wk: 14 - 01/04/19
Stage 5a: 31/03/19 Left factory 1 wk early
Stage 6: 08/05/19
Stage 7: 13/05/19
Collect: any day now :D

Blue 30
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed May 08, 2019 10:44 am

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by Blue 30 » Wed May 15, 2019 9:34 pm

Hi all.
Been reading much of this thread with interest. I picked up my 1.5tsi sel dsg on 1st of march 2019. As a retired guy refitting our bathroom, ive not been driving it much. Only 500 miles covered to date. But even in that time I thought the car was jerky on initial getting off my drive maneuvers. At first I put it down to me not being up to date on dsg & auto parking brake actions. Although as a diy multi classic car owner, I just don't like it as it don't feel right. In some respects I was pleased to come across this forum & thread.
First I emailed VW cust sve, got a case number, they replied and requested to contact supplying dealer. Did that, informing person that I was aware of the known issue. She agreed and said service Mgr would contact me if they needed the car... Nothing !
So re contacted Cust Sve. They replying saying my case now gone to dedicated Mgr for my case. Today they called/left message querying my non visit to dealer, and need to discuss that with me. I have emailed them repeating I had made contact with dealer, no request to visit !
My VW Cust Sve case Mgr is also called Jenny.... Make of that what you will !!!

Question... Can I initiate the rejection/buy back process this late (1/3/19 - 15/5/19) ?

For info... After being so so pleased with the 1.4tsi Seat Leon, I blindly purchased the T-roc 1.5tsi SEL in the belief that it would be a solid step up... How wrong was I .
TB.

User avatar
T Roo
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:20 am
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by T Roo » Thu May 16, 2019 12:02 am

Impala wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:18 pm
Maybe jumping the gun T Roo. Let's wait and hear from owners of manual 1.5s who have this latest 'fix' applied. If it works for them it can't be anything to do with 'slipping the clutch'. Who knows, but we need to give it a chance before condeming.

Update: I've now read the subsequent posts which are less favourable than had been originally posted. We need more time and more people having the 'fix' applied across Skoda and Audi too.
With respect Impala, there are those of us who have been putting up with this farce for months on end on the basis of false promises. Patience is worn through. I don't want a 'hesitating' car nor do I want a choked car with lousy fuel consumption.

Nor do I want any more VW BS, I want my money back so that I can buy a more modern car such as a Trabant or an Allegro.

The condemnation is not just about this so-called fix, it's about the time it has taken to release. VW are petrified about emissions but the brand is becoming even more toxic.
Blue 30 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:34 pm
Hi all.
Been reading much of this thread with interest. I picked up my 1.5tsi sel dsg on 1st of march 2019. As a retired guy refitting our bathroom, ive not been driving it much. Only 500 miles covered to date. But even in that time I thought the car was jerky on initial getting off my drive maneuvers. At first I put it down to me not being up to date on dsg & auto parking brake actions. Although as a diy multi classic car owner, I just don't like it as it don't feel right. In some respects I was pleased to come across this forum & thread.
First I emailed VW cust sve, got a case number, they replied and requested to contact supplying dealer. Did that, informing person that I was aware of the known issue. She agreed and said service Mgr would contact me if they needed the car... Nothing !
So re contacted Cust Sve. They replying saying my case now gone to dedicated Mgr for my case. Today they called/left message querying my non visit to dealer, and need to discuss that with me. I have emailed them repeating I had made contact with dealer, no request to visit !
My VW Cust Sve case Mgr is also called Jenny.... Make of that what you will !!!

Question... Can I initiate the rejection/buy back process this late (1/3/19 - 15/5/19) ?

For info... After being so so pleased with the 1.4tsi Seat Leon, I blindly purchased the T-roc 1.5tsi SEL in the belief that it would be a solid step up... How wrong was I .
TB.
Have a look at this in the first instance viewtopic.php?f=11&t=879&p=7186&hilit=r ... cess#p7186

1.5 tsi emoo | Kangaroo Pack | Mooing Brakes Pack | VW Indifference Pack | Detachable Spoiler

Ramy
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:42 am

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by Ramy » Thu May 16, 2019 6:36 am

Well surprise surprise 3rd time fix still hasn't worked ,so glad I rejected my Troc ,I feel so sorry for the new owner of my old car ,I bet the dealership didn't tell the real reason it was on the forecourt at 4months old!

Jk320
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:02 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by Jk320 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:58 am

Jk320 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:18 am
Here in Finland our Passat 1.5TSI DSG got its update (released friday) yesterday.
I tested the car again, this time it was a few degrees colder and I felt clearly the jerkiness during the first 30 seconds after starting and propably also the dead spots during driving with steady speed. They are smoother than before but the thing I can't tell is if the smoothness is because of the update or just as the temperatures are still above zero.

Post Reply