USB Ports in Latest T-Roc

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Intgom
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:03 am

USB Ports in Latest T-Roc

Post by Intgom » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:48 am

Patiently waiting for my T-Roc to arrive in the UK (currently stage 5a 'In Transit') and will be picking it up from dealer before driving the long journey home. Any idea which USB cable I'll need to take with me on the day in order to use carplay? I think I read somewhere that the MY21 changes included a move from USB type A to USB type C sockets. Can anyone who's recently taken delivery of a new T-Roc confirm this please, or point me to some photos?

Cheers.
1.5 TSI EVO SEL DSG
Urano Grey
Lumbar Support
Winter Pack
Ordered on 10th Aug 2020

sametdo
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:30 pm

Re: USB Ports in Latest T-Roc

Post by sametdo » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:00 am

Your car should be supplied with either Apple or Android cable of your choice. Best to check upfront as mine was missing so they had to post it. It’s USB-C. My car has wireless Apple CarPlay - not sure if this is standard for all models.
T-Roc R 2.0 TSI 4Motion 300PS 7-speed DSG 5 Door
Colour: White Silver
Upholstery: Flint Grey/Titanium Black

Ordered - 21/4/20
BW39 (w/c 21/9)
Delivered 13 October 2020

Intgom
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:03 am

Re: USB Ports in Latest T-Roc

Post by Intgom » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:11 am

Thanks. Will fire an email off to the dealer now.
1.5 TSI EVO SEL DSG
Urano Grey
Lumbar Support
Winter Pack
Ordered on 10th Aug 2020

Seal
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:26 pm

Re: USB Ports in Latest T-Roc

Post by Seal » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:20 am

usb port type C
T-Roc 1.5 TSI Evo 150ps
Yellow Turmeric, Black Roof/Door Mirrors, Silver Roof rails
LED Headlights/Running Lights
RearView Camera
Park Assist
Electric Tailgate
19'' wheels "Suzuka"

miniman
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:01 pm

Re: USB Ports in Latest T-Roc

Post by miniman » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:53 pm

Sept 2020 reg mine has type A old school type.

User avatar
twist
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:38 pm

Re: USB Ports in Latest T-Roc

Post by twist » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:15 am

miniman wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:53 pm
Sept 2020 reg mine has type A old school type.
Must have been built before August as that’s when they made the change.
1.5 DSG R-line in Indium Grey
Keyless, park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar support
Ordered: 11/12/19 / Collected 20/03/20

Tricky2
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:37 pm

Re: USB Ports in Latest T-Roc

Post by Tricky2 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:30 pm

twist wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:15 am
miniman wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:53 pm
Sept 2020 reg mine has type A old school type.
Must have been built before August as that’s when they made the change.
Miniman, was yours from stock perchance? Judging by the issues with the mib3 you had a lucky escape.

User avatar
twist
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:38 pm

Re: USB Ports in Latest T-Roc

Post by twist » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:21 pm

Tricky2 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:30 pm
twist wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:15 am
miniman wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:53 pm
Sept 2020 reg mine has type A old school type.
Must have been built before August as that’s when they made the change.
Miniman, was yours from stock perchance? Judging by the issues with the mib3 you had a lucky escape.
Easy @Tricky2, MIB2 has plenty of its own problems :lol: admittedly, the satnav works from day 1!!
1.5 DSG R-line in Indium Grey
Keyless, park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar support
Ordered: 11/12/19 / Collected 20/03/20

Tricky2
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:37 pm

Re: USB Ports in Latest T-Roc

Post by Tricky2 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:28 pm

twist wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:21 pm
Tricky2 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:30 pm
twist wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:15 am


Must have been built before August as that’s when they made the change.
Miniman, was yours from stock perchance? Judging by the issues with the mib3 you had a lucky escape.
Easy @Tricky2, MIB2 has plenty of its own problems :lol: admittedly, the satnav works from day 1!!
Can't say we've had a single issue with the MIB2 in our cross. Lucky I guess.

User avatar
mvk3
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:01 am
Location: North East

Re: USB Ports in Latest T-Roc

Post by mvk3 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:53 am

Now, you are TEMPTING PROBLEMS having said that.

Post Reply