Boot floor

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
CJD

Re: Boot floor

Post by CJD » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:16 pm

I’ve spoken to my dealer who is liaising with VW Uk over this. All of the VW literature including the online configurator lists the car with spacesaver wheel & adjustable height boot. As someone on here has already mentioned, they were using the full size wheel at launch which means the polystyrene jack housing & height of the full size wheel prevents the boot floor being put on its lower setting.
I’ve lodged a formal complaint & asked VW to retro fit the spacesaver & smaller polystyrene jack housing so that I can utilise the extra boot space. One of the reasons I swapped from my golf gtd was to gain the extra space based on their quoted measurements. I’d advise anyone else to do the same & request the correct parts be retro fitted. Apparently VW are now building the Sel with the space saver wheel & variable boot floor from build week mid February.

Betty Swollocks

Post by Betty Swollocks » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:26 am

I personally would be keen to see an image of what's under the boot floor for those who say they have little or no room.

My previous car was a mk7 golf... it had the 2 level floor and space saver tyre.

I had the choice of choosing a low or high level floor, dependant on where I located the floor panel.

My T Roc appears to be one of the first without the T Roc, signature 'diamond' shaped daytime running lights which double up as indicators, without being specified as an extra ( Standard on SEL models )

I have rectangular DRLs, similar to the mk 7.5 Golf, which dim to allow roadusers to notice the amber indicator below to be visible. (Others have diamond shaped DRL which doubles up as signature indicator )

So, I previously worked out, mine is a 2018 build car, and has the light set up above.

2017 built cars appear to have the more expensive lights without specing them as an extra. (£200 plus if I rememember)

Someone pointed out the early built cars were built to Euro spec rather than UK spec.

So I'm thinking, these cars might have a full size spare wheel and therefore a boot floor which only fits at the higher level.

My car has the optional Beats sound system, which includes a subwoofer inside the spacesaver spare wheel. But this still allows me to drop the floor to a lower level.

If a user who claims to have only one floor level can post a pic of the spare wheel, I will gladly show another image of my two level floors

Trev

Post by Trev » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:20 pm

I have an SEL which was one of the first to arrive in U.K. and I have a full size spare wheel which prevents me lowering the floor of the boot as I used to do in my MK7 Golf GTI however after questioning this with my dealer as the spec says that boot floor is adjustable I got word today that VW will swap my spare wheel for a space saver.

Betty Swollocks

Post by Betty Swollocks » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:33 am

Seems like most posters here are SEL owners, which is harder to establish what's going on.

SEL has as standard the signature 'diamond' shape Daylight Running Lights (as a previous user described them)

My Design model has the regular, 'MK7.5 Golf type' LED Daytime running lights, which are unlike the diamond shape items. Just a straight DRL, which dims as the indicator below illuminates.

( the fancy one on the SEL model is a diamond shaped DRL which becomes a diamond shaped indicator)

My point is, when I researched the early build models, (all built in 2017) they seemed to have had a free upgrade to Euro spec cars..... the signature lights, which are free on SEL, but a £200 upgrade on lesser models.

I'm guessing the full size spare wheel is another freebie, as part of the Euro specification.

Mine is a week 2 built car of 2018, so I got the spacesaver spare wheel and cheaper DRLs.

I'm glad of the extra room in the boot, but even though I didn't really look the DRLs initially, I now sort of wish I had them as a freebie.

lalptopus

Post by lalptopus » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:56 pm

Picked up our new (front wheel drive) SEL today - and have the exact same problem... the boot floor is definitely not height adjustable!

Have just had a look through all the VW online literature on the T-Roc but can’t find anything on the VW website that says that the T-Roc has an adjustable boot floor, but instead I can only find references to space saver spare wheels (without the fact that this means the floor is adjustable).

Did anyone else manage to find anything that they used to make a case to their dealers that their boot floor should be height adjustable?

Just a bit worried that if I try to complain they might just say that none of the brochures don’t say that the floor is adjustable and therefore they refuse to retroactively fit it!

Any links (or other advice) gratefully received!

Betty Swollocks

Post by Betty Swollocks » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:51 pm

Here's my car. 1.5 TSi Design model, with the subwoofer for the beats sound system. Spacesaver spare came as standard, so I have the option of selecting the high or low boot floor as needed.

IMG_9503.JPG

IMG_9502.JPG

IMG_9504.JPG

Agerbundsen

Post by Agerbundsen » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:05 pm

My car has the same spare wheel (optional extra) but as it is 4Motion, does not have the option of lowering the boot floor. The Haldex and the different rear suspension (true multi-link independent) raises the metal boot floor a bit, so no room for lowering the composite boot floor.

Alas, no subwoofer either, but lots of space around the spare to stuff all those silly little items in you always need to have on board.
Best Regards from Slagelse, Denmark
T-Roc Sport 190 HP 2.0 TSI DSG 4Motion, Pure White, Navigation and spare wheel, rear view camera. Original tyres replaced with Michelin Cross-climate+ 215/55 R17 98W XL

lalptopus

Post by lalptopus » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:43 pm

Betty Swollocks wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:51 pm
Here's my car. 1.5 TSi Design model, with the subwoofer for the beats sound system. Spacesaver spare came as standard, so I have the option of selecting the high or low boot floor as needed.
Thanks - now I see what the problem is with mine! Whole bunch of polystyrene that holds the tools round the back the wheel, and the wheel is too “tall” itself. Will let you know how I get on with the dealer!

lalptopus

Post by lalptopus » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:34 pm

Ok my dealership is saying that all SELs are now being built without the opportunity to drop the boot floor and therefore they won’t change/retrofit anything to my SEL that would make it possible to adjust the floor.

From reading a couple of comments above, it sounds like others are having a lot more success with getting VW to agree to swap the spare wheel (and jack housing) on their SEL so that they can lower the floor. If there is anyone that has managed to get them to agree - I’d be very interested to hear from you!

G hammer

Post by G hammer » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:49 pm

So if you take out the spare wheel and the polystyrene holding the jack the boot floor will go to lower position ?
1.5 sel Evo Ravenna blue .

Return to “Main Volkswagen T-Roc chat”