Just Like the Advert - Two Horns

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
AV82

Just Like the Advert - Two Horns

Post by AV82 » Thu May 09, 2019 5:42 pm

Finally, iI now have a T Roc with two horns to match the T Roc Ram that featured in the VW marketing campaign. Whilst my car was at the dealers for the rear spoiler fix and rear brake " mooing" they set up a second horn to cpmpliment the single OE and it sounds just like a quality car should. Johnson VW in Sutton Coldfield and the Service Manager have been great from day one. They investigated the correct method and provided a Tiguan horn, wiring and connections, bracket for new horn and set the it up within the front of the car. For anyone interested, the price was £210 plus vat. Incidentally I am considering a rear camera that replaces one of the rear number plate lights and this can be found under the accessories section of the VW website. The cost is £195 fully fitted so cheaper than the cost of replacing the boot badge version in a retrofit.
1.5TSI 150ps petrol EVO R-Line 7spd DSG White Silver Black Roof 2018 R-Line signature trim.

vernerbongo2

Re: Just Like the Advert - Two Horns

Post by vernerbongo2 » Thu May 09, 2019 6:41 pm

Thanks for the information, wee bit steep for the horn but the camera sounds reasonable. 👌
Manual 1.5 petrol R-line revenna blue with black roof/wing mirrors, mud flaps, towbar.
Registered 24/9/18 bought 10/12/18 (pre-reg with 25 miles) :P

Impala

Post by Impala » Thu May 09, 2019 7:04 pm

AV82 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 5:42 pm
Finally, iI now have a T Roc with two horns to match the T Roc Ram that featured in the VW marketing campaign. Whilst my car was at the dealers for the rear spoiler fix and rear brake " mooing" they set up a second horn to cpmpliment the single OE and it sounds just like a quality car should. Johnson VW in Sutton Coldfield and the Service Manager have been great from day one. They investigated the correct method and provided a Tiguan horn, wiring and connections, bracket for new horn and set the it up within the front of the car. For anyone interested, the price was £210 plus vat. Incidentally I am considering a rear camera that replaces one of the rear number plate lights and this can be found under the accessories section of the VW website. The cost is £195 fully fitted so cheaper than the cost of replacing the boot badge version in a retrofit.
Hi AV82.
See this other thread on the camera - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1004&p=9186#p9186
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

Impala

Post by Impala » Thu May 09, 2019 7:07 pm

AV82 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 5:42 pm
That is a lot to pay for something I seldom have need to use ... are you 'tooting' about a lot ? :lol:
Ordered 22/06/18

AV82

Post by AV82 » Thu May 09, 2019 7:23 pm

Thanks Impala, thanks for the link to the camera. Thats the one I am considering. Regarding the horn, I don't go "tooting" about but as a safety feature it needs to warn or alert. The original does neither.
1.5TSI 150ps petrol EVO R-Line 7spd DSG White Silver Black Roof 2018 R-Line signature trim.

Impala

Post by Impala » Thu May 09, 2019 7:32 pm

AV82 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:23 pm
Thanks Impala, thanks for the link to the camera. Thats the one I am considering. Regarding the horn, I don't go "tooting" about but as a safety feature it needs to warn or alert. The original does neither.
The camera without fitting is a lot cheaper, but I don't know how easy it is to connect and then it may have to be enabled in the system software. I haven't seen any posts from anyone who has done it themselves.
Ordered 22/06/18

AV82

Post by AV82 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:41 pm

The advertised camera price relies on another piece of kit that interfaces it to the car. When you add both prices together and look at fitting it yourself, its better to pay for the package from the dealer and get the warranty maintained and guarantee on the parts.

Panoptes

Post by Panoptes » Fri May 10, 2019 10:43 pm

I wonder if it’d be possible to have installed one of those horns you get on an American juggernaut/freight train? :mrgreen:
1.0 TSI SE • Indium Grey • Fogs with cornering • Roof Rails removed
• Ordered 9th May 2019
• Delivered 23 Jan 2020

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Sat May 11, 2019 12:03 pm

Denali Mini Soundbomb, replaces the original, no issues with CanBUS and 113dB. That's what I'll be fitting. Already have one on my motorcycle, and it's loud, not worried that it's single tone.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Denali-Sound ... ctupt=true

Or, if you want dual-tone, PIAA are a good make and just as good - but you'll have to find the space for the two horns and/or make up an extension wire for the second horn to piggy back it off the first

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PIAA-Dual-To ... SwAFBZqUf4
R-Line 2.0TSi DSG 4MOTION
Silver White with Black Roof
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist
Driver Assistance Pack Plus

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19

vernerbongo2

Post by vernerbongo2 » Sat May 11, 2019 6:38 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 12:03 pm
Denali Mini Soundbomb, replaces the original, no issues with CanBUS and 113dB. That's what I'll be fitting. Already have one on my motorcycle, and it's loud, not worried that it's single tone.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Denali-Sound ... ctupt=true

Or, if you want dual-tone, PIAA are a good make and just as good - but you'll have to find the space for the two horns and/or make up an extension wire for the second horn to piggy back it off the first

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PIAA-Dual-To ... SwAFBZqUf4
If you do put one in, make a video or sound recording of the before and after sounds results 👌
Manual 1.5 petrol R-line revenna blue with black roof/wing mirrors, mud flaps, towbar.
Registered 24/9/18 bought 10/12/18 (pre-reg with 25 miles) :P