Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner

Just Ordered

53K views 141 replies 25 participants last post by  kcw 
#1 ·
I just ordered my T-ROC.

Im new to this forum and (also this is my first car).

I hope the new forumers can use this thread to post details about their new order

My order details:
Order date: 21 May 2019
1.5 DSG Design
White Silver
Black Roof
Oak Brown Interior
Rear view camera
Side Assist Plus
Dealer location: Leeds

#2 ·
:D Welcome, hoping you will not have to wait too long for delivery... stock item or configured made to measure?

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum.
I ordered yesterday, details in my signature.

#4 ·
Welcome to the waiting room. Did they give you an estimated delivery dat?

#5 ·
Does anyone know how soon we can get an order number from the dealer?

#6 ·
T Roc Chick said:
I had to wait 2 or 3 days before I could get my order number.

#7 ·
Did you mean your first new car or your very first ever car ? If the latter, does that mean you are also a new (probationary) driver ?

If so, the DSG, rear view camera, side assist plus and other standard T-Roc safety features are an excellent choice to keep you and your car safe.

Hope you don't have to wait too long to enjoy.

#8 ·
avamissile said:
T Roc Chick said:
I had to wait 2 or 3 days before I could get my order number.
Got the order number now, let the tracking commence :D

#10 ·
TRocWish said:
Hi
I ordered a T Roc 1.5 DSG SE in Indium Grey, with Fog Lights and Rear View Camera as extras.

Can you see the extras on the tracker or on the website? I can not see them listed

Stage 1 - 07/05/19
Stage 2 - 29/05/19
No, they will be on the order form (the dealer should have given you a copy) but you can't see them on tracker

#11 ·
TRocWish said:
Hi
I ordered a T Roc 1.5 DSG SE in Indium Grey, with Fog Lights and Rear View Camera as extras.

Can you see the extras on the tracker or on the website? I can not see them listed

Stage 1 - 07/05/19
Stage 2 - 29/05/19
Ask your dealer to provide a copy of the VW Order Status. Note: this is NOT the dealer's own order form, but is taken directly from the VW systems and shows the names and code numbers of all the options. It will also show the expected build week (or confirmed build week if at stage 3).

#13 ·
Impala said:
TheROC said:
I just ordered my T-ROC.

Im new to this forum and (also this is my first car).

I hope the new forumers can use this thread to post details about their new order

My order details:
Order date: 21 May 2019
1.5 DSG Design
White Silver
Black Roof
Oak Brown Interior
Rear view camera
Side Assist Plus
Dealer location: Leeds
Did you mean your first new car or your very first ever car ? If the latter, does that mean you are also a new (probationary) driver ?

If so, the DSG, rear view camera, side assist plus and other standard T-Roc safety features are an excellent choice to keep you and your car safe.

Hope you don't have to wait too long to enjoy.
Yes, my first car ever and I am a new driver (but not very young :/ ).
Thank you for your kind words.

#14 ·
I'm rather jealous that a couple of you guys are on Stage 2 already... I've been told back end of October for my delivery :( Can't wait!!

#15 ·
Kaisa624 said:
I'm rather jealous that a couple of you guys are on Stage 2 already... I've been told back end of October for my delivery :( Can't wait!!
Yours should be stage 2 as well I'd have thought

#16 ·
Kaisa624 said:
First thing to check is if your app is reporting the correct status. Some people have removed and reinstalled the app then the status updates. Also, try the online web site order tracker via a web browser. If after that the status is still not showing stage 2 then ask your dealer to confirm and if necessary explain the delay as going to stage 2 is normally only a few days or up to 2 weeks max after placing an order.

#18 ·
TheROC said:
Does the delivery times vary by location and dealer?

Is anybody here who ordered from a dealer in Leeds, and what is your lead time
Mine is from VW Barnsley.

I think the way the system works is that dealers place holding orders for cars to put a stake in the ground. This gives them an estimated build week and a date up to which they can make changes. When a customer comes in to spec up the car the dealer can then change the order to match their requirements. If no one comes in during the window they can make changes the dealer will spec up the car and put it into their stock.
If a customer comes in and there's no car pre-ordered in the system then they will try to get an allocation from another dealer by horse trading, if this doesn't work then your order will get scheduled for the next empty spot.

When I ordered I was quoted 22 weeks which is better than some on this forum, I must have picked up a pre-ordered slot. Hope this helps understand the ordering system.

#19 ·
TheROC said:
Does the delivery times vary by location and dealer?

Is anybody here who ordered from a dealer in Leeds, and what is your lead time
As per BarryF's reply, large franchises have more orders in the pipeline and are also able to shift orders/stock around from one branch to another. Small dealers have less flexibility, and if a particular car is in short supply they will have almost no chance of arranging a swap with another dealer.

Besides the dealer aspect though, T-Rocs are landed in the UK at either Sheerness, Grimsby or Tyne according to where the dealer is located (South, Midlands, North/Scotland). So it typically takes an additional 3 or 4 days for cars to arrive in Tyne compared to Sheerness.

Another factor which can affect when a car is allocated to a particular ship is the amount of dockside storage at the port of entry, bearing in mind that the same ports are used by other manufacturers and also other models of VW's from other factories. So the number of cars loaded on a particular ship may be divided differently across the 3 UK ports.

#20 ·
Well ordered mine on 8/1/2019 with factory 9/1/2019 told build week 10/6/2019, text from VW built and left factory 3/6/2019 now on ship Comet Ace due to dock Sheerness 14/6/2019 hopefully collect in early July (hoping) 1.5 SEL Ravenna Blue leather seats and winter pack + electric tailgate. All in all then 6 months from order!

#21 ·
Impala said:
Kaisa624 said:
First thing to check is if your app is reporting the correct status. Some people have removed and reinstalled the app then the status updates. Also, try the online web site order tracker via a web browser. If after that the status is still not showing stage 2 then ask your dealer to confirm and if necessary explain the delay as going to stage 2 is normally only a few days or up to 2 weeks max after placing an order.
I've just checked the Web browser one and still on stage 1.

Its ordered through Listers Stratford as a fleet company car, so maybe that's why?

I'll enquire with the dealer 😊

#22 ·
Kaisa624 said:
Impala said:
Kaisa624 said:

Its ordered through Listers Stratford as a fleet company car, so maybe that's why?

My supply dealer was Listers of Stratford also. I had excellent communication and also with fortnightly updates from them all the way from ordering to collection, although mine was a private sale not fleet.
My stage 2 appeared about a week after ordering.

Chase the dealers up for an update, I found them really helpful with any issues I had.

#24 ·
tiger tony said:
Kaisa624 said:
Impala said:

My supply dealer was Listers of Stratford also. I had excellent communication and also with fortnightly updates from them all the way from ordering to collection, although mine was a private sale not fleet.
My stage 2 appeared about a week after ordering.

Chase the dealers up for an update, I found them really helpful with any issues I had.
I was far too busy today to chase, so will put a note on my phone to remind me to chase them tomorrow for sure.

TheROC said:
Whats the difference between private sale and fleet?
Fleet is a company vehicle, so it's all ordered through a leasing company, but follows the same process a new private car, as its built to order 😊

Fleet you pay company car tax through your salary rather than private finance too, as far as I'm aware anyways

#25 ·
Kaisa624 said:
TheROC said:
Whats the difference between private sale and fleet?
Fleet is a company vehicle, so it's all ordered through a leasing company, but follows the same process a new private car, as its built to order 😊

Fleet you pay company car tax through your salary rather than private finance too, as far as I'm aware anyways
Thanks for the clarification.

How about private lease thru a leasing company - will the lead time be more or less?

#26 ·
I've just emailed Listers, and they've said that because VW are currently doing the mini face-lift designs for 2020 models (69 plates and on), the updates won't happen for a couple of weeks from Stage 1 to Stage 2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.