Ordering a factory build

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Impala
Posts: 1184
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 3:03 pm
Has thanked: 122 times
Been thanked: 418 times

Re: Ordering a factory build

Post by Impala » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:03 pm

Tigermad wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:47 pm
When I called up a local garage at the weekend they told me they are stopping production of the 1.5 petrol. First time I have heard this. He didn’t elaborate any further. Not sure what happens once ordered if they scrap it.
I've lost count of how many rumours/scares there have been over the past year about the 1.5 engine being withdrawn etc. None of them have come true and they were just a lot of people misinterpreting VW rebalancing the orders and production schedules to clear backlogs, deal with parts shortages and demand exceeding supply. At times, dealers were told not to accept new orders simply to allow the backlog to be reduced.
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

FamilyMan
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:39 pm
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Ordering a factory build

Post by FamilyMan » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:36 pm

mvk wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:40 am
FamilyMan wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:13 pm

Last month I had to factory order our T-Roc as I wanted a 1.5 DSG with options and not the 1.6 the dealership had. As with some here who ordered in May expected delivery date is 31 October.
I was in our dealer at the weekend as VW had an SUV Event to sell cars. Nothing was said about stopping production of the 1.5.
Spend your money on something else instead of key-less entry. I would gladly pay that same amount to NOT have it. What's the point of carrying around a key if you are never going to use it, and then pay extra for the privilege of doing so?
On Tuesday night whilst waiting in a car park I saw a mother with 2 small children returning to her car. She was carrying one child, clearly very tired and already dressed in PJ’s. Their car was a Ford Kuga with keyless entry and mother was able to put both children in the car without having to search in her bag for a key. When I saw that I knew I had made the right choice.
1.5 TSI EVO R Line DSG Deep Black Pearl
Driver assistance pack, rear view camera, electric tailgate, keyless entry, lumbar support

Ordered 21/06/2019
Stage 3 30/07/2019 Build week 36 MY20
Stage 5A 03/09/2019
Stage 7 18/09/2019
Handover 27/09/2019 pm

Impala
Posts: 1184
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 3:03 pm
Has thanked: 122 times
Been thanked: 418 times

Re: Ordering a factory build

Post by Impala » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:39 pm

FamilyMan wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:36 pm
mvk wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:40 am
FamilyMan wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:13 pm

Last month I had to factory order our T-Roc as I wanted a 1.5 DSG with options and not the 1.6 the dealership had. As with some here who ordered in May expected delivery date is 31 October.
I was in our dealer at the weekend as VW had an SUV Event to sell cars. Nothing was said about stopping production of the 1.5.
Spend your money on something else instead of key-less entry. I would gladly pay that same amount to NOT have it. What's the point of carrying around a key if you are never going to use it, and then pay extra for the privilege of doing so?
On Tuesday night whilst waiting in a car park I saw a mother with 2 small children returning to her car. She was carrying one child, clearly very tired and already dressed in PJ’s. Their car was a Ford Kuga with keyless entry and mother was able to put both children in the car without having to search in her bag for a key. When I saw that I knew I had made the right choice.
You mean it was your wife in the PJ's :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

Tigermad
Posts: 388
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:55 pm
Has thanked: 90 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: Ordering a factory build

Post by Tigermad » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:07 pm

Well placed an order tonight, just need to finalise a few things and the long wait begins.
Troc Rline Line turmeric yellow/black ordered 11/07/19
Build week confirmed message on 19/07/19
Build week (confirmed) week 35
Status 5a in transit 27/08/19
Status 6 arrived in UK 05/09/19
Status 7 At dealer 11/09/19
Due for collection 19/09/19

FamilyMan
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:39 pm
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Ordering a factory build

Post by FamilyMan » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:11 pm

Tigermad wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:07 pm
Well placed an order tonight, just need to finalise a few things and the long wait begins.
Welcome to the Waiting Room Tigermad. You are not alone. On which model and engine did you decide?
1.5 TSI EVO R Line DSG Deep Black Pearl
Driver assistance pack, rear view camera, electric tailgate, keyless entry, lumbar support

Ordered 21/06/2019
Stage 3 30/07/2019 Build week 36 MY20
Stage 5A 03/09/2019
Stage 7 18/09/2019
Handover 27/09/2019 pm

Tigermad
Posts: 388
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:55 pm
Has thanked: 90 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: Ordering a factory build

Post by Tigermad » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:14 pm

FamilyMan wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:11 pm
Tigermad wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:07 pm
Well placed an order tonight, just need to finalise a few things and the long wait begins.
Welcome to the Waiting Room Tigermad. You are not alone. On which model and engine did you decide?
R-Line 1.5 petrol dsg, turmeric yellow and black with rear camera, driver assist plus, keyless entry, electric tailgate and lumbar. Similar to yours but different colour and no towbar.
Troc Rline Line turmeric yellow/black ordered 11/07/19
Build week confirmed message on 19/07/19
Build week (confirmed) week 35
Status 5a in transit 27/08/19
Status 6 arrived in UK 05/09/19
Status 7 At dealer 11/09/19
Due for collection 19/09/19

FamilyMan
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:39 pm
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Ordering a factory build

Post by FamilyMan » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:30 pm

Tigermad wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:14 pm
FamilyMan wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:11 pm
Tigermad wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:07 pm
Well placed an order tonight, just need to finalise a few things and the long wait begins.
Welcome to the Waiting Room Tigermad. You are not alone. On which model and engine did you decide?
R-Line 1.5 petrol dsg, turmeric yellow and black with rear camera, driver assist plus, keyless entry, electric tailgate and lumbar. Similar to yours but different colour and no towbar.
Sounds good.
Ordered the towbar for the cycle carrier. Would like to be able to drive to places then go exploring on our bikes. Several places have now opened up the disused railway lines that the Doctor closed when I was young. Some good scenery not to be missed.
1.5 TSI EVO R Line DSG Deep Black Pearl
Driver assistance pack, rear view camera, electric tailgate, keyless entry, lumbar support

Ordered 21/06/2019
Stage 3 30/07/2019 Build week 36 MY20
Stage 5A 03/09/2019
Stage 7 18/09/2019
Handover 27/09/2019 pm

Impala
Posts: 1184
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 3:03 pm
Has thanked: 122 times
Been thanked: 418 times

Re: Ordering a factory build

Post by Impala » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:09 pm

FamilyMan wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:30 pm
Tigermad wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:14 pm
FamilyMan wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:11 pm


Welcome to the Waiting Room Tigermad. You are not alone. On which model and engine did you decide?
R-Line 1.5 petrol dsg, turmeric yellow and black with rear camera, driver assist plus, keyless entry, electric tailgate and lumbar. Similar to yours but different colour and no towbar.
Sounds good.
Ordered the towbar for the cycle carrier. Would like to be able to drive to places then go exploring on our bikes. Several places have now opened up the disused railway lines that the Doctor closed when I was young. Some good scenery not to be missed.
I had similar thoughts until I saw the prices for the tow bar (£745 factory fitted, removeable) + bike carrier (£555)
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

hikeimperial
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:00 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Ordering a factory build

Post by hikeimperial » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:06 am

mvk wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:40 am
Spend your money on something else instead of key-less entry. I would gladly pay that same amount to NOT have it. What's the point of carrying around a key if you are never going to use it, and then pay extra for the privilege of doing so?
??????

I swear the mere whisper of 'keyless entry' in a thread brings out all the nuts petrified of a useful, safe and convenient feature.

This is a family mid-range suv, no one with the smarts to get the tools together to long range spoof a keyless transponder is going after a T-Roc.

Post Reply