14 days old engine leaking oil .

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
twist
Posts: 388
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:38 pm
Has thanked: 261 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: 14 days old engine leaking oil .

Post by twist » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:04 pm

Musicegbdf wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:25 pm
Update , it is still leaking and they have now ordered a new oil pump to fix next week . !
Daughter now has had enough and wants to reject the car. She still wants a troc so thinking that they provide her another new car and a courtesy car till it is delivered.
I seem to recall the rejection has to go through vw ( on pcp ). I will look back under the Roo thread as remember there were links of how to reject.
Please let us know if they agree to a replacement as that’s likely the avenue I’ll be aiming for (and others I’m sure). Good luck, fingers crossed for you both that VW play ball.
1.5 DSG SEL in Indium Grey
Park assist, rear view cam, assist pack plus, “chilly bum” pack
Ordered: 19/03/19
Stage 3: 17/05/19
Build week (confirmed): 17/06/19
Left Factory (5a): 12/06/19 (1 week early)
Arrived in UK: 23/06/19
Collected 01/07/19!!

Musicegbdf
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:59 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: 14 days old engine leaking oil .

Post by Musicegbdf » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:56 pm

Courtesy car upgraded back to a Troc .
VW now say it is over to the dealer. I think a car that leaks oil bad enough that they take the engine out and now needs a new oil pump in the first few days of ownership is as bad a fault as you can get . So I am expecting they should comply with " lack of confidence in that particular car , and replace with the same model and spec and provide like for like courtesy car until delivered.
That is what she wants as she loves the car even with the small Roo .
Meeting next week to discuss

Musicegbdf
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:59 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: 14 days old engine leaking oil .

Post by Musicegbdf » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:23 pm

Still leaking . Engine been out at least twice and considering it is the main bearing expect been full strip down.
Starting the process and have chose two possible replacements just need to confirm what is available . One has more options , the other one is not ideal . Let's hope they agree the the one with more options at no extra cost as this may feel like some recompense.

T Roo
Posts: 503
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:20 am
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 143 times

Re: 14 days old engine leaking oil .

Post by T Roo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:50 pm

Musicegbdf wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:23 pm
Still leaking . Engine been out at least twice and considering it is the main bearing expect been full strip down.
Starting the process and have chose two possible replacements just need to confirm what is available . One has more options , the other one is not ideal . Let's hope they agree the the one with more options at no extra cost as this may feel like some recompense.
Good luck :( I feel disappointed for your daughter.
A roo is bad enough, an incontinent one is horrendous :mrgreen:

Musicegbdf
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:59 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: 14 days old engine leaking oil .

Post by Musicegbdf » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:31 pm

These things happen , it is how it is dealt with that matters.
Again dealer has been great , but did seem like VW had tied his hands somewhat .
This is her first VW. Her first car was a Toyota which had a gearbox issue that damaged the clutch. Had a big fight with them , they denied it . However , via the Toyota forum I found out it was a known design fault and got our money back. She views never to buy a toyota again . She was happy with her audis , and this might put her off VW. Let us see if they resolve to her satisfaction.

Musicegbdf
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:59 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: 14 days old engine leaking oil .

Post by Musicegbdf » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:42 pm

T Roo wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:50 pm
Musicegbdf wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:23 pm
Still leaking . Engine been out at least twice and considering it is the main bearing expect been full strip down.
Starting the process and have chose two possible replacements just need to confirm what is available . One has more options , the other one is not ideal . Let's hope they agree the the one with more options at no extra cost as this may feel like some recompense.
Good luck :( I feel disappointed for your daughter.
A roo is bad enough, an incontinent one is horrendous :mrgreen:
Yes VW branded Tenna

T Roo
Posts: 503
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:20 am
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 143 times

Re: 14 days old engine leaking oil .

Post by T Roo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:39 pm

Musicegbdf wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:31 pm
These things happen , it is how it is dealt with that matters.
Again dealer has been great , but did seem like VW had tied his hands somewhat .
This is her first VW. Her first car was a Toyota which had a gearbox issue that damaged the clutch. Had a big fight with them , they denied it . However , via the Toyota forum I found out it was a known design fault and got our money back. She views never to buy a toyota again . She was happy with her audis , and this might put her off VW. Let us see if they resolve to her satisfaction.
I hope your patience pays off but, well, you know your options.
Musicegbdf wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:42 pm
Yes VW branded Tenna
:mrgreen:

Post Reply