14 days old engine leaking oil .

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Musicegbdf
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:59 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: 14 days old engine leaking oil .

Post by Musicegbdf » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:12 pm

An update. The master tech confirmed main oil seal , and that it has leaked probably from day 1. He said the leak happened under acceleration and has caused damage to another part ( daughter forgot what that was ) and will also be replaced,. Should get it back to.orrow .
No response fro. VW UK , so asked her to get the job number from dealership so we can quote to VW . Assume they would have had to get authority from VW .

T Roo
Posts: 503
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:20 am
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 143 times

Re: 14 days old engine leaking oil .

Post by T Roo » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:39 pm

Musicegbdf wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:12 pm
An update. The master tech confirmed main oil seal , and that it has leaked probably from day 1. He said the leak happened under acceleration and has caused damage to another part ( daughter forgot what that was ) and will also be replaced,. Should get it back to.orrow .
No response fro. VW UK , so asked her to get the job number from dealership so we can quote to VW . Assume they would have had to get authority from VW .
Sorted?

Musicegbdf
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:59 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: 14 days old engine leaking oil .

Post by Musicegbdf » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:04 pm

Nope. They are now saying will take a full week . Sounds like engine out job!
VW uk hopeless , have registered complaint.
This is crazy . VW don't seem to want to know and kicking back to dealership.
Dealership being really good. Not taking it lying down and getting ready to escalate.
Have put them on notice that we will reserve right of rejection . Daughter just wants her car that she is paying for .

twist
Posts: 388
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:38 pm
Has thanked: 261 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: 14 days old engine leaking oil .

Post by twist » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:18 pm

Musicegbdf wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:04 pm
Nope. They are now saying will take a full week . Sounds like engine out job!
VW uk hopeless , have registered complaint.
This is crazy . VW don't seem to want to know and kicking back to dealership.
Dealership being really good. Not taking it lying down and getting ready to escalate.
Have put them on notice that we will reserve right of rejection . Daughter just wants her car that she is paying for .
I don’t blame her. Good job you’ve got a good dealership. My local dealerships are utterly useless. They ordered the wrong replacement part for my Golf three times and then lost the part once they’d finally ordered the correct one. 4 weeks to get a seatbelt buckle fixed. Not like a faulty seatbelt is a safety issue or anything...
1.5 DSG SEL in Indium Grey
Park assist, rear view cam, assist pack plus, “chilly bum” pack
Ordered: 19/03/19
Stage 3: 17/05/19
Build week (confirmed): 17/06/19
Left Factory (5a): 12/06/19 (1 week early)
Arrived in UK: 23/06/19
Collected 01/07/19!!

Impala
Posts: 1142
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 3:03 pm
Has thanked: 122 times
Been thanked: 382 times

Re: 14 days old engine leaking oil .

Post by Impala » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:04 pm

twist wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:18 pm
Musicegbdf wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:04 pm
Nope. They are now saying will take a full week . Sounds like engine out job!
VW uk hopeless , have registered complaint.
This is crazy . VW don't seem to want to know and kicking back to dealership.
Dealership being really good. Not taking it lying down and getting ready to escalate.
Have put them on notice that we will reserve right of rejection . Daughter just wants her car that she is paying for .
I don’t blame her. Good job you’ve got a good dealership. My local dealerships are utterly useless. They ordered the wrong replacement part for my Golf three times and then lost the part once they’d finally ordered the correct one. 4 weeks to get a seatbelt buckle fixed. Not like a faulty seatbelt is a safety issue or anything...
Good old Arnie :lol:

For the benefit of those who don't understand, Arnold is the first name of of most VW dealerships in West Central Scotland.
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

T Roo
Posts: 503
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:20 am
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 143 times

Re: 14 days old engine leaking oil .

Post by T Roo » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:19 pm

Impala wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:04 pm
Good old Arnie :lol:
For the benefit of those who don't understand, Arnold is the first name of of most VW dealerships in West Central Scotland.
And their second names are McLeaky and McRoo.

Musicegbdf
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:59 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: 14 days old engine leaking oil .

Post by Musicegbdf » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:24 pm

One interesting thing is they told the dealership to fix the roo we reported ( again much smaller than others have). The dealership said ok give us the fix ... and got no response .

T Roo
Posts: 503
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:20 am
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 143 times

Re: 14 days old engine leaking oil .

Post by T Roo » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:30 pm

Musicegbdf wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:24 pm
One interesting thing is they told the dealership to fix the roo we reported ( again much smaller than others have). The dealership said ok give us the fix ... and got no response .
Ah, that’ll be because VW can fix the Roo (well, not really :mrgreen: ) but they don’t have a fix for a wallaby :|

Musicegbdf
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:59 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: 14 days old engine leaking oil .

Post by Musicegbdf » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:46 pm

Well engine back in apparently . They going to drive it and then leave overnight . The run on the ramp tomorrow just to make 100%. They said the master tech has spent the whole week on it. Again dealer has been great. Very sympathetic and kept in touch. VW much less so . This looks like her first and last VW .

Musicegbdf
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:59 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: 14 days old engine leaking oil .

Post by Musicegbdf » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:25 pm

Update , it is still leaking and they have now ordered a new oil pump to fix next week . !
Daughter now has had enough and wants to reject the car. She still wants a troc so thinking that they provide her another new car and a courtesy car till it is delivered.
I seem to recall the rejection has to go through vw ( on pcp ). I will look back under the Roo thread as remember there were links of how to reject.

Post Reply