Happy Roc-kers

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Grrralph

Happy Roc-kers

Post by Grrralph » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:31 am

I am one. This is an invitation to others to come forward.

I am not for a moment diminishing the problems that others are experiencing, but these pages are filled with much negativity and little joy. I'm trying to redress the balance if that's appropriate.

A valuable function of this forum is to help those with problems and grievances and that's as it should be. But maybe this leads to a distorted view if those with problems are the active minority and those who are happy are the quiet majority. Is it right I wonder that most owners are roo / moo / noise / squeak / leak / etc free?

So, speak out and be counted if you can.

It would be useful if you could add whether 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, petrol or diesel and manual or DSG. Mine's a petrol 1.5 DSG
Grralph - 1.5 DSG SEL in dark oak brown with black roof - winter pack with side assist plus - ordered mid March '18 - arrived in UK 9 November collected 26 November '18.

Swsgm30

Re: Happy Roc-kers

Post by Swsgm30 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:16 pm

Grrralph wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:31 am

I am not for a moment diminishing the problems that others are experiencing, but these pages are filled with much negativity and little joy. I'm trying to redress the balance if that's appropriate.

A valuable function of this forum is to help those with problems and grievances and that's as it should be. But maybe this leads to a distorted view if those with problems are the active minority and those who are happy are the quiet majority. Is it right I wonder that most owners are roo / moo / noise / squeak / leak / etc free?

It would be useful if you could add whether 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, petrol or diesel and manual or DSG. Mine's a petrol 1.5 DSG
Dis start a similar thread a while back ... see link, these topics tend to dry up as they leave the front page ;) ;) ;)

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=854&hilit=happy+place#p6808
1.5 TSI R-Line 150PS EVO
6-speed Manual 5 Door.
Pure White/Black
Winter Pack, Reverse Camera
F/R mudflaps, keyless entry
Delivered - 1st March :D :D :D :D :D

davidf27

Post by davidf27 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:10 pm

I absolutely love my 1.0 SEL. I got lucky ordering this combination of engine/trim as it was only available for a short period of time.
Had the car almost 3 months now (done 3,000 miles) and i dont have a bad thing to say about it. Its a beautiful car, exactly the right size for my needs, engine is completely smooth and getting decent consumption 40-60mpg depending on journey.
Love the LED headlights during the night-time and the keyless entry/start is a lovely extra to have (despite not ordering it, VW added it on in error so it was free), the rear view camera is good quality and much needed as the view out the back window isnt great.

The car really looks great (even in black when slightly dirty) and the wide range of features on this car is very good. Basically it ticked all the boxes for me and continues to do so after 3 months. It really feels like a pleasure to drive, very comfortable and great tech.
1.0 TSI SEL - Pearl Black - Keyless entry - Rear View Camera - Ordered 19/11/18 - Delivered 15th May 2019.

brid

Post by brid » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:05 pm

2.0 TDI 2wd DSG.
No faults as yet just a pure pleasure to drive. Just wish I could understand some of the tech. The satnav is my nemesis.
Sport 2.0 TDI 150 CV DSG7 Gris Urano, Grange Hill R18 Silver, Sports Pack, Safety Pack, Rebel Pack, Discover Media, Keyless, Panoramic Roof.
Collected 12-06 2019

AV82

Post by AV82 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:51 pm

As posted at one year old, I think the car is great and I find i very quiet, economical and well made.
1.5TSI 150ps petrol EVO R-Line 7spd DSG White Silver Black Roof 2018 R-Line signature trim.

trocsel

Post by trocsel » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:27 pm

7000 miles on and I enjoy driving my T-ROC, despite having the AutoHold problem, which was duly sorted by VW.
I was very lucky to come across this one, which was a car that was originally driven by the dealerships dealer principal, who put many accessories on to it.
If I loose the car in a car park, I can then use We Connect, to sound the horn and put the indicators on as well, to help find it.
I can send destinations to the sat nav before departing and then that saves time when in a hurry.

One little frustration is the sat nav refers to each road as a “Street” , but is funny when it says the A38. Sounds like A farty 8. :lol:

4MOTION is excellent and keeps the car gripped to the road, whereas previous cars would wheel spin when pulling away on greasy/slippery road surfaces and goes well when driving along those grassy/muddy car parks when go to big events.

The reversing camera is excellent. Easy to reverse into parking bays as the green lines on the display, line up with the parking bay, so is mostly central.

I haven’t used the Park Assist much, as most car parks are busy and by the time the car decided on a space, another car would have beaten me to it.

I’ve not used the towbar yet, but the time will come and as is detachable, no one knows I’ve got one and is always to hand as it’s in the boot.

Heated seats are excellent on those cold mornings and is good to have the screen wash low level warning as well. (Winter pack)

Ok, it’s the 4MOTION with the not really adjustable boot level, but I can still get loads in it. Such as a chest of drawers...

I find the 2.0TDI engine very powerful and nippy, economical too, as recently stated by Honest John’s REALMPG

The seats are very comfortable and I don’t mind the white leather strip going down the sides of the seats.

The Carnet features are good and VW Assist are there at the press of the Service button and they get all car diagnostics together with the location of the vehicle.
Their technicians are great too.

I must sound like a car salesman, but I’m not.

Just saying that I love my T-ROC :D :D
2.0 SEL TDI 4MOTION 150PS 6 speed manual
Atlantic Blue Metallic
Sports suspension
Montego Bay 18” alloys
Winter Pack
Removable Towbar
Rear View Camera

Grrralph

Post by Grrralph » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:33 am

Swsgm30 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:16 pm
Grrralph wrote:

Dis start a similar thread a while back ... see link, these topics tend to dry up as they leave the front page ;) ;) ;)

So you did swsgm. I had forgotten. And wehen I reviewed that thread I see I contributed to it!
Grralph - 1.5 DSG SEL in dark oak brown with black roof - winter pack with side assist plus - ordered mid March '18 - arrived in UK 9 November collected 26 November '18.

Swsgm30

Post by Swsgm30 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:22 am

Grrralph wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:33 am
Swsgm30 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:16 pm
Grrralph wrote:

So you did swsgm. I had forgotten. And wehen I reviewed that thread I see I contributed to it!
No worries .. it's good that the Happiness continues to be shared. :D :D :D
I'm still absolutely chuffed with my Roc, we're not high milers and are only just coming up to the 3000 mile mark. the car is a delight to drive, quite nippy and mpg is around 40, better on the Motorway.
The bells and whistles have taken us a while to figure out but we're getting there.
;) ;) ;)
1.5 TSI R-Line 150PS EVO
6-speed Manual 5 Door.
Pure White/Black
Winter Pack, Reverse Camera
F/R mudflaps, keyless entry
Delivered - 1st March :D :D :D :D :D

Bellasdad

Post by Bellasdad » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:48 am

What a great thread, along with the “happy place”, it’s good to hear about the positive side of the T Roc.
I’m also loving mine, it’s a joy to drive and still receives admiring glances on a regular basis. Makes me proud to be a Roc-ker. :D
T-Roc R Line 1.5 manual. White silver with black roof.

twist

Post by twist » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:32 pm

You know, despite what many on the forum might think given my recent posts, I actually love my T-Roc (“that” major issue aside). It’s a really nice car to drive and the tech is excellent.

It has really changed my commutes for the better, having upgraded from a bog-standard, slightly underpowered Golf.

The fact that VW gives you CarPlay for free on all but the bottom spec is actually very decent, which is more than can be said for other manufacturers.

I’m going to wait to see if I get a good resolution to my issue but I’m really considering getting the R-line wheels from my dealership. They were the only real thing I wanted from R-line anyway as they’re some of the coolest wheels I’ve seen. Maybe a Christmas present to myself :)
1.5 DSG SEL in Indium Grey
Park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar supports, “chilly bum” pack
Ordered: 19/03/19
Built: 10/06/19
Collected 01/07/19