T Roc Brake Shudder

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
2Cannyloon4

T Roc Brake Shudder

Post by 2Cannyloon4 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:33 pm

I own an 18 month old T Roc, with 9500 miles on the clock, and recently experienced brake shudder. I took it to my local VW dealer,
where I bought the car,and was faced with a bill of £319 for replacement.

I contacted VW customer services to be informed, that as the car was outwith a 6 month period, or 6500 miles, this would have to be
put down to wear and tear or driving style, or manufacturing defect, or unspecified external factors. Oh really!!! This information was contained in an email expressing disappointment and apologies from VW.

In 52 years of driving experience, mainly with VWS and some other makes and some of these vehicles covering in excess of 50000
miles, have never had brake discs needing replaced.

I am left extremely disappointed and angry and wondering if this is going to occur again in the next 9500miles.

Have any of you T Roc owners had a similar experience?

T Roo

Re: T Roc Brake Shudder

Post by T Roo » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:47 pm

2Cannyloon4 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:33 pm
I own an 18 month old T Roc, with 9500 miles on the clock, and recently experienced brake shudder. I took it to my local VW dealer,
where I bought the car,and was faced with a bill of £319 for replacement.

I contacted VW customer services to be informed, that as the car was outwith a 6 month period, or 6500 miles, this would have to be
put down to wear and tear or driving style, or manufacturing defect, or unspecified external factors. Oh really!!! This information was contained in an email expressing disappointment and apologies from VW.

In 52 years of driving experience, mainly with VWS and some other makes and some of these vehicles covering in excess of 50000
miles, have never had brake discs needing replaced.

I am left extremely disappointed and angry and wondering if this is going to occur again in the next 9500miles.

Have any of you T Roc owners had a similar experience?
Sorry to hear of this problem (and the bill)! :(

Whilst waiting for others to comment, you might like a read through a couple of other threads on here in which brakes have been discussed:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=992&hilit=brakes
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=299&hilit=brakes

There have been some issues with the T-Roc's brakes ;)

Barnaclebob

Post by Barnaclebob » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:20 pm

2Cannyloon4, if at the end of the day you end up having to fork out for new discs and pads my advice would be to have them done at a Halfords Autocentre - if for no other reason than a point of principle! As part of the service you get lifetime pads renewal.
Why not - it appears that VW are not accepting any responsibility.... and will charge you the earth.
All the same, check out the previous threads as T Roo suggests because binding (mooing) brakes goes back some time... Best of luck!
T-Roc, SEL, 1.5 TSI Eco, DSG, Indium Grey Metallic,
Winter Pack, Electric Tailgate.
Ordered 04-Mar-2019.
Bought 20-Mar-2019.

Clubchamp98

Post by Clubchamp98 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:27 pm

I have had mooing in the rear brakes first thing in the morning.
But VW couldn’t find anything wrong.
What about the warranty?
9500 miles is a joke and VW should be ashamed of themselves if their cars can’t do 10,000 miles without problems.
The more I hear on here the more I won’t be buying another VW in the future.

Coincidentally just watching Watchdog on TV give them a call.

Lymmbo

Post by Lymmbo » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:33 pm

I had the mooing and replicated it by reversing downhill. I’ve had two lots of pads since and not had problems since they replaced then the first time.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:29 pm

I've had to have front discs replaced early on on one of my previous BMW's at roughly the same mileage/age as yours and they were done under warranty with no issues (found to be slightly warper)

VAG Group though just seem to be a law unto themselves, and UK Customer Service very variable. It also seems that they treat the motoring public as a bunch of fools and think they can fob off with reasons as so provided to yourself.

It's a shame that you didn't retain the parts they removed, as you could have sent them off for a independent report and then had further discussions accordingly, as any report would (arguably) have described what caused them to need replacement.
R-Line 2.0TSi DSG 4MOTION
Silver White with Black Roof
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist
Driver Assistance Pack Plus

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19