We Connect Go App

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Swsgm30

We Connect Go App

Post by Swsgm30 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:28 am

Had an email about the new We Connect Go App on Sat - anybody tried it yet??
1.5 TSI R-Line 150PS EVO
6-speed Manual
Pure White/Black Roof
Winter Pack, Reverse Camera
F/R mudflaps, keyless entry
Delivered - 1st March 2019
:D :D :D :D :D

twist

Re: We Connect Go App

Post by twist » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:39 am

Nice of them to send an email “we are changing our app” a month after they actually change it :lol:

It’s not really any different. The interface is a bit better but it’s effectively the same app (the one for the OBD dongle).
1.5 DSG R-line in Indium Grey
Keyless, park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar support
Ordered: 11/12/19 / Collected 20/03/20

FamilyMan

Post by FamilyMan » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:17 pm

Anyone else finding all of these VW apps confusing. I received the VW email, downloaded the ‘We Connect Go’ app and logged in. The data is not up to date although on reflection this may be due to another faulty VW data plug. This is the second data plug we’ve had so not a good advertisement.
The app is very poor. Click on Service appointments, a map appears, the Chelmsford area is without any Dealers (although I pass Beadles most weekends) and there is no way to exit without choosing one.
When we ordered our T-Roc we were told to follow it’s progress via the ‘My VW’ app. We also use this to follow and book servicing for our UP!. This app has the dealer above but is yet to be updated with the Service and MOT that was done in September.
We collected our T-Roc at the end of September. On our iPhones Beadles Chelmsford downloaded another VW app ‘We Connect’ which is connected to our car. I like this app, it also works on my Apple Watch but as others have noted it is frustrating when it does not connect. Currently the Permissions part of the app is not working again. It’s like a game, they love me, they love me not.
Confusing this ‘We Connect’ and ‘We Connect Go’. Back to the email, at first glance it appeared that the former is being replaced by the latter. I hope this is not the intention.
1.5 TSI EVO R Line DSG Deep Black Pearl
Driver assistance pack, rear view camera, electric tailgate, keyless entry, lumbar support

Ordered 21/06/2019
Stage 3 30/07/2019 Build week 36 MY20
Stage 5A 03/09/2019
Stage 7 18/09/2019
Handover 27/09/2019 pm

twist

Post by twist » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:07 pm

FamilyMan wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:17 pm
Anyone else finding all of these VW apps confusing. I received the VW email, downloaded the ‘We Connect Go’ app and logged in. The data is not up to date although on reflection this may be due to another faulty VW data plug. This is the second data plug we’ve had so not a good advertisement.
The app is very poor. Click on Service appointments, a map appears, the Chelmsford area is without any Dealers (although I pass Beadles most weekends) and there is no way to exit without choosing one.
When we ordered our T-Roc we were told to follow it’s progress via the ‘My VW’ app. We also use this to follow and book servicing for our UP!. This app has the dealer above but is yet to be updated with the Service and MOT that was done in September.
We collected our T-Roc at the end of September. On our iPhones Beadles Chelmsford downloaded another VW app ‘We Connect’ which is connected to our car. I like this app, it also works on my Apple Watch but as others have noted it is frustrating when it does not connect. Currently the Permissions part of the app is not working again. It’s like a game, they love me, they love me not.
Confusing this ‘We Connect’ and ‘We Connect Go’. Back to the email, at first glance it appeared that the former is being replaced by the latter. I hope this is not the intention.
Couldn’t agree more. It’s a shambles.

All of the apps are full of bugs, unreliable and hopeless to navigate. We Connect is reasonable but still not a quality app.

The app development must be outsourced to India or something to cut costs because a proper, vetted, in-house team wouldn’t produce this junk.

I don’t understand why they need multiple apps anyway. Have one app that only offers functionality relevant to the car(s) you have. I don’t have time to open 3 different apps and manage refueling in one, trips in another, MPG stats in another, etc. so I just end up not using any of them properly.

Impala

Post by Impala » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:11 pm

twist wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:07 pm
FamilyMan wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:17 pm
Couldn’t agree more. It’s a shambles.

All of the apps are full of bugs, unreliable and hopeless to navigate. We Connect is reasonable but still not a quality app.

The app development must be outsourced to India or something to cut costs because a proper, vetted, in-house team wouldn’t produce this junk.

I don’t understand why they need multiple apps anyway. Have one app that only offers functionality relevant to the car(s) you have. I don’t have time to open 3 different apps and manage refueling in one, trips in another, MPG stats in another, etc. so I just end up not using any of them properly.
Well said ... something which doesn't work and isn't fully integrated is pointless and worse than having nothing at all.

There is a hint of the same left & right hand approach in the settings/menus in the car too ... I still can't remember which functions are in which menu, so I usually have to go through them all to find what I want.
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

Tigermad

Post by Tigermad » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:02 pm

We connect is not logging in yet again. Same happening every day at the same time.
Troc Rline Line turmeric yellow/black ordered 11/07/19
Build week confirmed message on 19/07/19
Build week (confirmed) week 35
Status 5a in transit 27/08/19
Status 6 arrived in UK 05/09/19
Status 7 At dealer 11/09/19
Due for collection 19/09/19

twist

Post by twist » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:49 pm

Impala wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:11 pm

Well said ... something which doesn't work and isn't fully integrated is pointless and worse than having nothing at all.

There is a hint of the same left & right hand approach in the settings/menus in the car too ... I still can't remember which functions are in which menu, so I usually have to go through them all to find what I want.
I know exactly what you mean about the infotainment settings. Specially the whole Car-Net/Hotspot thing which is just infuriating. VAG may get marks for having some of the best infotainment systems but they’re still miles behind BMW (even with their backwards rev counter).

FamilyMan

Post by FamilyMan » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:46 pm

Update on our VW data plug mentioned above.
Using my iPhone it appears at the bottom of the Bluetooth page with the message ‘not supported’. This may account for why VW’s data is out of date. Tried to order a new one using the We Connect Go app but there are no VW dealer’s listed anywhere near. So it’s a trip across town to the dealer to order one.
1.5 TSI EVO R Line DSG Deep Black Pearl
Driver assistance pack, rear view camera, electric tailgate, keyless entry, lumbar support

Ordered 21/06/2019
Stage 3 30/07/2019 Build week 36 MY20
Stage 5A 03/09/2019
Stage 7 18/09/2019
Handover 27/09/2019 pm

AV82

Post by AV82 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:49 pm

I have been experiencing problems with both of these app for some time. Journeys not recording. Connectivity poor etc. I have had contact from We Connect Go and my dealer and it appears that merging the apps has bern on the cards as a lot of the technology was designed for VW vehicles with dataplugs from 2008. With the advent of new and electric vehicles they are issuing updates and also creating downtime on the apps so you cannot connect. My main concern would be if and when it is sorted, will it be reliable, robust and accurate. This is a paid for product and up until now has been pretty hit and miss. I currently have an issue where the six main control units of the car are checked by the app and if their is a malfunction a msg is sent to your mobile with the warning that something is wrong. So in my case, brake malfunction and coolant system malfunctions are sent as a red exclamation icon to the driver dash and the units of concern icon to your mobile. When actually nothing is wrong. So If we are to believe what we are receiving it should be correct. Perhaps we should have our three year contract extended free of charge for a couple of years to test it out. Again a system that is not fit for purpose let loose on the consumer before its fully developed.
1.5TSI 150ps petrol EVO R-Line 7spd DSG White Silver Black Roof 2018 R-Line signature trim.

Impala

Post by Impala » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:38 pm

Developing and testing a system using real life customers is just not on. Just who do VW think they are ? What a disgrace.
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D