Quick question

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Post Reply
182_blue
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:11 pm

Quick question

Post by 182_blue » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:15 pm

If a T roc comes with a light and vision pack what does it actually include?
Im guessing it's different to ambient lights because it has that also?.

TIA
T-Roc 2.0 Tsi R 300bhp.
White with black roof.
Reverse camera.
Electric boot.
Plus all usual extras on the R.

User avatar
twist
Posts: 1079
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:38 pm

Re: Quick question

Post by twist » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:11 pm

Might be LED headlights and/or LED daytime running lights but we don’t have that pack in the UK as far as I’m aware so not 100% sure.

What country are you in?

Edit: VW Caddy has that pack here and the description says: “Includes auto-dimming rear-view mirror, automatic headlights with daytime running lights and windscreen wiper with intermittent control and rain sensor.”
1.5 DSG R-line in Indium Grey
Keyless, park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar support
Ordered: 11/12/19 / Collected 20/03/20

182_blue
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:11 pm

Re: Quick question

Post by 182_blue » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:23 pm

I'm in the UK, car is on order and delivered soon, its a T roc R, on the blurb it mentions light and vision, just wondered what it was.

The reason I asked it I wondered if it was anything to do with puddle lights as I saw you can get some VW projector lights that replace the ones in the bottom of doors if fitted.
T-Roc 2.0 Tsi R 300bhp.
White with black roof.
Reverse camera.
Electric boot.
Plus all usual extras on the R.

User avatar
twist
Posts: 1079
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:38 pm

Re: Quick question

Post by twist » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:38 pm

182_blue wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:23 pm
I'm in the UK, car is on order and delivered soon, its a T roc R, on the blurb it mentions light and vision, just wondered what it was.

The reason I asked it I wondered if it was anything to do with puddle lights as I saw you can get some VW projector lights that replace the ones in the bottom of doors if fitted.
I’m not sure where you’re seeing this pack mentioned. The R definitely doesn’t have that as an optional extra - or did you mean it was listed in the standard equipment list? If so, it’s the same as the Caddy (see my edited comment above) and not to do with puddle lights.
1.5 DSG R-line in Indium Grey
Keyless, park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar support
Ordered: 11/12/19 / Collected 20/03/20

182_blue
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:11 pm

Re: Quick question

Post by 182_blue » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:36 pm

twist wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:38 pm
182_blue wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:23 pm
I'm in the UK, car is on order and delivered soon, its a T roc R, on the blurb it mentions light and vision, just wondered what it was.

The reason I asked it I wondered if it was anything to do with puddle lights as I saw you can get some VW projector lights that replace the ones in the bottom of doors if fitted.
I’m not sure where you’re seeing this pack mentioned. The R definitely doesn’t have that as an optional extra - or did you mean it was listed in the standard equipment list? If so, it’s the same as the Caddy (see my edited comment above) and not to do with puddle lights.
Yes it's mentioned on the VW site as standard equipment.
T-Roc 2.0 Tsi R 300bhp.
White with black roof.
Reverse camera.
Electric boot.
Plus all usual extras on the R.

Nncole
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:00 pm

Daytime running lights

Post by Nncole » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:03 pm

Does anyone know if I can get retrofitted the daytime running lights that are in the r line to my design? Also the puddle lights

182_blue
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:11 pm

Re: Daytime running lights

Post by 182_blue » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:12 pm

Nncole wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:03 pm
Does anyone know if I can get retrofitted the daytime running lights that are in the r line to my design? Also the puddle lights
I am no expert on the Design model but I thought all T roc's had the same DRLs with the exception of the 300 BHP R.
T-Roc 2.0 Tsi R 300bhp.
White with black roof.
Reverse camera.
Electric boot.
Plus all usual extras on the R.

Hawkeye
Posts: 836
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:36 pm

Re: Quick question

Post by Hawkeye » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:54 pm

No there are 3 different DRL designs in total to my knowledge on the T-ROC range
R-Line 2.0TSi DSG 4MOTION
Silver White with Black Roof
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist
Driver Assistance Pack Plus

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19

User avatar
vernerbongo2
Posts: 965
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:18 am

Re: Daytime running lights

Post by vernerbongo2 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:01 pm

Nncole wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:03 pm
Does anyone know if I can get retrofitted the daytime running lights that are in the r line to my design? Also the puddle lights
Other members have asked the same question in the past but I've never heard of anyone doing it.
Might not be that straight forward?
Is the current wiring suitable?
Is the current control module suitable?
The control module will definitely need codings changed.

Your best bet would be to go to a volkswagen specialist and ask them if it's possible to do and how much it would cost?

You can get used lights on ebay at a reasonable price but they seldom come up.
Manual 1.5 petrol R-line revenna blue with black roof/wing mirrors, mud flaps, towbar.
Registered 24/9/18 bought 10/12/18 (pre-reg with 25 miles) :P

User avatar
vernerbongo2
Posts: 965
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:18 am

Re: Daytime running lights

Post by vernerbongo2 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:03 pm

182_blue wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:12 pm
I thought all T roc's had the same DRLs with the exception of the 300 BHP R.

IMG_20200628_223318.jpg

Manual 1.5 petrol R-line revenna blue with black roof/wing mirrors, mud flaps, towbar.
Registered 24/9/18 bought 10/12/18 (pre-reg with 25 miles) :P

Post Reply