Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner

Debadged?

14K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  Mrdrn 
G
#1 ·
Anyone removed the T roc badge from the rear of their T roc?, I am not sure I like it and just wondered about removing it but keeping the R badge.

G
#3 ·
T Roo said:
182_blue said:
Anyone removed the T roc badge from the rear of their T roc?, I am not sure I like it and just wondered about removing it but keeping the R badge.
Hmmm I'd leave it in place rather than risk a potentially messy removal :? . Personally I think it looks ok but there you go each to his or her own.

Sorry, not a very useful comment from me other than to proceed with caution :D .
They are easy to remove assuming they are just sticky padded on.

G
#5 ·
twist said:
I think it looks better *with* T-ROC. Looks a little empty without it.

debadged.jpg
Or does it look empty because your used to seeing it? , I actually think it's a bit odd in the middle, I would prefer just the R then maybe a 4 motion badge on the right.

#6 ·
182_blue said:
twist said:

debadged.jpg
Or does it look empty because your used to seeing it? , I actually think it's a bit odd in the middle, I would prefer just the R then maybe a 4 motion badge on the right.
Could be! Up to you in the end but remember it's probably considerably harder putting the letters back on if you take them off - you might find that at some point you check and you're driving a VW T-Ro :lol:

G
#7 ·
twist said:
182_blue said:
twist said:

debadged.jpg
Could be! Up to you in the end but remember it's probably considerably harder putting the letters back on if you take them off - you might find that at some point you check and you're driving a VW T-Ro :lol:
I have some 3M VHB tape, I am not worried about that stuff coming off!

#8 ·
182_blue said:
T Roo said:
182_blue said:
Hmmm I'd leave it in place rather than risk a potentially messy removal :? . Personally I think it looks ok but there you go each to his or her own.

Sorry, not a very useful comment from me other than to proceed with caution :D .
They are easy to remove assuming they are just sticky padded on.
Not sure if you're asking if people approve of you removing the badge or for the 'How-To' ....
usually they can be teased of once warmed gently with a hairdrier, any residue removed (carefully) with Tcut or Brasso. ;)

#10 ·
182_blue said:
I guess I was asking if anyone had removed theirs and if they had pictures and also maybe ensuring that they are just stuck on.
I don't really care if anyone approves TBH :D
Personally I think it looks good. Nice and clean.
It's something I've thought about doing but never had the nerve.
Let us know how you get on if you decide to go ahead and debadge.
Enjoy the car when it arrives :D

#11 ·
[/quote]
Not sure if you're asking if people approve of you removing the badge or for the 'How-To' ....
usually they can be teased of once warmed gently with a hairdrier, any residue removed (carefully) with Tcut or Brasso. ;)
[/quote]

Better with some fine cord, dental floss or fishing line to cut the adhesive tape plus a bit of patience. :cool:

G
#12 ·
Bellasdad said:
182_blue said:
I guess I was asking if anyone had removed theirs and if they had pictures and also maybe ensuring that they are just stuck on.
I don't really care if anyone approves TBH :D
Personally I think it looks good. Nice and clean.
It's something I've thought about doing but never had the nerve.
Let us know how you get on if you decide to go ahead and debadge.
Enjoy the car when it arrives :D
I normally leave the car as standard but it's just something about the placement on the T roc I don't like, I will see when I get it, oh and thanks.

G
#13 ·
[/quote]

Better with some fine cord, dental floss or fishing line to cut the adhesive tape plus a bit of patience. :cool:
[/quote]

Yeh I have some fishing line and a bit of IPA which will help with the sticky stuff.

#16 ·
vernerbongo2 said:
I didn't even realise it said T-roc on the back of mine, I must take a look tomorrow :roll:
Be sure to look at the correct car :lol:

#17 ·
182_blue said:
vernerbongo2 said:
I didn't even realise it said T-roc on the back of mine, I must take a look tomorrow :roll:
:? :eek:
It's become a bit of an inside joke around here, Vernerbongo2 has been a little oblivious to various aspects of his car :lol:

#18 ·
Service dept. agent: 'While your car was in for service today, we noticed the T-Roc badge(s) had come off the boot lid. We suspect this is due to an adhesive problem similar to the issue which affected some rear spoilers. We have refitted the badge(s) today under warranty and at no charge to yourself. Have a nice day :lol: :lol: '

#19 ·
twist said:

debadged.jpg
the new t-roc r have only the r(new r) in the middle.

#21 ·
182_blue said:
Seal said:
twist said:

debadged.jpg
the new t-roc r have only the r(new r) in the middle.
Really, all the ones I have seen in the UK have both the R on the left and the T roc in the middle.
The T-ROC will have new symbols, and the T-Roc R will have the R in the middle of the tailgate in early summer

#24 ·
Interesting, given that Seal has posted some links to pics of the new Golf R-Line, one of which shows not only is it not de-badged but it has adopted similar capital letters and spacing for G O L F on the tailgate. Seems to be a brand feature that might spread to other models.

See the second image in that thread ... https://www.trocforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1632

#26 ·
Mrdrn said:
I asked the dealership to de badge my T-Roc R, whilst the back does look a little plain I just don't like the name T-Roc, it sounds like a toy. Great car though, I am loving it.
You don't like the name T-ROC? Whether it has the name T-ROC on the back, or not, everyone knows that it is a T-ROC. So if you don't like it that much, why don't you go and buy something else. The Audi A2 is just about the same car, or even Skoda have a similar car and they do not have the T-ROC lettering on the back. Then there would be no need to have it, de-badged. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.