T-Roc Fog lights....replacement bulbs?

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
marcob

Re: T-Roc Fog lights....replacement bulbs?

Post by marcob » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:09 pm

Found these: http://s.aliexpress.com/v6jMrEji?fromSns=WhatsApp

Neightbour has placed them without any faults in his Polo from 2018
Workhorse: T-Roc 1.5 Sport (a.k.a. SEL in UK)
Atlantic blue, 18” wheels, Panoramic sunroof, full LED, Satnav

Craigelsx

Post by Craigelsx » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:11 pm

Any know whats involved in changing fogs? Went to a garage today but they had never done a fog light replacement on t roc so wouldn't touch it

Newtroconthebloc

Post by Newtroconthebloc » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:56 pm

Craigelsx wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:11 pm
Any know whats involved in changing fogs? Went to a garage today but they had never done a fog light replacement on t roc so wouldn't touch it
Have you tried the owners handbook ?
1.5 SEL Petrol Manual Ravenna blue Sport pack power tailgate park assist reverse camera lumbar support (ordered 11 06 18) build w/c 1/10/18|at the dealers |collecting Thursday 3rd January 19.

CJD

Post by CJD » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:53 pm

Search on this website for led fog lamps or fog lights. There is a post by siggi gunda showing how to change them to led. A few of us here have done it & it’s very easy, literally a 10 min job. I bought mine from eBay for £12 a pair as they include the resistors & you don’t get any canbus errors on the dashboard. The fogs now match the white led headlights perfectly

Newtroconthebloc

Post by Newtroconthebloc » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:43 am

Newtroconthebloc wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:56 pm
Craigelsx wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:11 pm
Have you tried the owners handbook ?
Page 234
1.5 SEL Petrol Manual Ravenna blue Sport pack power tailgate park assist reverse camera lumbar support (ordered 11 06 18) build w/c 1/10/18|at the dealers |collecting Thursday 3rd January 19.

rcehovin

Post by rcehovin » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:31 pm

Hey CJD do you have maybe a link of your fog lights? How many kelvins does they have to match the headlights color perfectly? Thank you!
T-Roc Sport 1.5 TSI 150 PS, manual
Indium Grey

CJD

Post by CJD » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:55 pm

16E88301-CBC9-4CDB-968D-C15928B2E960.png

Rcehovin, these are the ones I’ve fitted as has siggi gunda & a few others on here. If you trawl through the posts on fog lights you’ll see siggi gunda’s photos with them fitted & instructions on how to fit

Swsgm30

Post by Swsgm30 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:49 am

CJD wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:53 pm
Search on this website for led fog lamps or fog lights. There is a post by siggi gunda showing how to change them to led. A few of us here have done it & it’s very easy, literally a 10 min job. I bought mine from eBay for £12 a pair as they include the resistors & you don’t get any canbus errors on the dashboard. The fogs now match the white led headlights perfectly
CJD, I've just read that you'd changed your front fog lamps to LED yourself and was hoping you could give me some advice?
Did you use the same lamps as siggi gunda 'cos I've bought the same ones?
Don't know what model 'Roc you have but I'm having grief removing the trim around the lamp :( :( .... I have an R-line and can start the removal process using the hook but, as the whole corner needs to come away, it seems very stubborn as you near the wheel arch trim as it appears to go behind it. Is it just a matter of giving it an old fashioned tug or is there a more subtle way of persuading it out? :evil: :evil: :evil:
1.5 TSI R-Line 150PS EVO
6-speed Manual 5 Door.
Pure White/Black
Winter Pack, Reverse Camera
F/R mudflaps, keyless entry
Delivered - 1st March :D :D :D :D :D

Troc2018

Post by Troc2018 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:30 pm

I always thought the reason fog lights were slightly yellow was to see through the fog better than your headlights 🤔
1.5 sel met grey / black roof , panoramic sun roof ,monteygo bay 18 " wheels
Reversing cam ordered 11th June 18 delivered 16 th Nov 18 , 5 months exactly as promised by vw dealer

CJD

Post by CJD » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:32 pm

Hi Swsgm30
Yes you do need to use a bit of brute force to really yank the plastic casing out with the metal hook thing. Once you get that part out just gently continue to pull & lever the casing almost as if your peeling it away towards the corner. Then you’ll need the torx screwdriver to release the 2 very visible screws & the lamp unit pops forwards & slides out from its inner mount. The bulbs then detach from the wiring & release from the lamp unit with half a turn.
Re fitting is a pig because you have to literally push the small splines/ wings on the plastic housing cover into place around the lamp unit & bumper to make it go in. Start by inserting the outer edge then really pay attention & as you start to push it shut slowly, push the lugs/ wings into the little appature/recess for them which are really difficult to see unless your looking for it.
This is really the worst part & frustrating because the housing will not fully sit flush & pops open if you don’t get this bit right. Took me an hour and a half to figure the first side out & took me 3 mins to fit the other side 😂
Last edited by CJD on Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.