Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner

Who bought or are thinking of buying a T-Roc must take into account ...

68K views 170 replies 18 participants last post by  Seal 
#1 ·
Who bought or are thinking of buying a T-Roc must take into account,that due to the corona virus there will be delays in production, VW is really thinking about stopping production next Wednesday, at this moment production has already fallen by 75%,so we have to wait for better days

#2 ·
A day ahead of schedule, Mr. Herbert Diess, president of the Volkswagen group, announced that stopping production in Spain, Italy, Slovakia and Portugal,so T-Roc's only in the end of March

#3 ·
Seal said:
A day ahead of schedule, Mr. Herbert Diess, president of the Volkswagen group, announced that stopping production in Spain, Italy, Slovakia and Portugal,so T-Roc's only in the end of March
Wow, that's nuts. Wonder if the other brands will do the same.

#6 ·
Bugger, mine was due to be built next week 😳. I did as my dealer yesterday as I assumed they'd be delays but he seemed to have no knowledge of any delays.

#7 ·
Production officially stopped until March 29,but production should start maybe on April 6

#9 ·
#10 ·
#11 ·
Ordered my T-ROC at the beginning of March and it showed Stage 2 At Factory.

Today I got a message from VW (UK) to the effect that my T-ROC had moved to Stage 3. I then checked on line and found that the My Volkswagen site has crashed!!

#13 ·
Unfortunately, due to the pandemic the VW administration confirmed the interruption of production of the T-Roc now until April 5

#16 ·
confirmed right now,production of T-Roc is stopped until April 12 (for now)

#17 ·
Fully expected that, despite them telling me everything was fine. I live in the hope as that mine was due to be built this week, it might be one of the first when it all restarts! As I say, I live in hope!!

#18 ·
for those who are waiting will have to wait longer, now the production of T-Roc will be stopped until April 20

#19 ·
Seal said:
for those who are waiting will have to wait longer, now the production of T-Roc will be stopped until April 20
Oh I suspect even longer than that. I'd bet it will be June at the earliest before production starts back up.

We've only been on lockdown in The UK for a week and a half and cases/deaths are not slowing enough. People are worryingly starting to relax. I'm seeing groups of people out walking again and some supermarkets (like my locals) are doing a piss-poor job of keeping people separated. Things are going to get worse because too many people still think this is "just a cold".

#20 ·
I got a newsletter email from VW today informing me that 22 out of 24 plants are now open!

YeeeHaaa!!

Then I read the rest of the newsletter and it was referring to China :-(

#21 ·
Portugal currently is faring better with fewer confirmed cases of coronavirus and fewer deaths than the UK and most other EU countries, and although they are maybe 2 weeks behind the UK, their 'curve' appears to be flattening early.

That's good news for Portugal, but even if the VW plant at Palmela and the port of Setubal get back to work sooner than the UK, it is likely that UK cars will have to be stockpiled in Portugal or at the UK ports. While UK car showrooms remain closed, it is unlikely that any cars would be transported to the dealer sites unless they run out of space at the ports ... but that might just mean the cars remain in Portugal or aren't even built.

#22 ·
The bad news for you might be a good news for me, because I am still waiting my new T-roc in Hungary, where are all the dealers and showrooms are still working.

#24 ·
Would be good, but I think our goverment does not speak clearly about the numbers of infected. So the people avoid each another to protect ourself. Lot of small stores trade outdoor, or let enter the customers in one by one. I hope the all ends soon !

#25 ·
rotaryfun said:
The bad news for you might be a good news for me, because I am still waiting my new T-roc in Hungary, where are all the dealers and showrooms are still working.
unfortunately for you it's not good news either

#26 ·
latest information, production stop confirmed, now until April 27,unfortunately normal production will only return to normal
possibly the 1st of June

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.