Anyone with the embeded rear view camera in the emblem (rear logo) that painted it?

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
doggy

Anyone with the embeded rear view camera in the emblem (rear logo) that painted it?

Post by doggy » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:04 pm

Hi all,

As the topic suggests, I have a January 2020 T-Roc 2.0 TSI with the rear-view camera from the factory. I did a chrome-delete on the car at a company here in Amsterdam and I am thinking that the rear logo could use a bit of the chassis colour in the inlays.
I've been looking on the internet if I can remove the emblem off of it but as I see, it doesn't have that little hole in the lower side of it as it does in the Golf's with the rear-view camera. Thus, I don't know if I can take it apart or not. Also some online ETKA-alike websites don't give any clear signs (or at least I don't get it). :-)

Anyone who has done this?
Any help/advice will be much appreciated.
NL: T-Roc 2.0 TSI Sport, R-Line, Energetic Orange. 260hp, de-chromed, Pretoria black rims, Eibach Pro-Kit, valve exhaust
GR: Polo 6N (was 1050cc), 1.6 16v, GT28BB, Lancia Delta Integralle ECU. Ferrari red, custom interior
GR: Ibiza 101hp the holiday car

Deleted User 1717

Re: Anyone with the embeded rear view camera in the emblem (rear logo) that painted it?

Post by Deleted User 1717 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:09 pm

I haven't done this but they are the same as used on Golf's etc so it might be worth trawling through other busier forms to see if you can find any info.

doggy

Re: Anyone with the embeded rear view camera in the emblem (rear logo) that painted it?

Post by doggy » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:49 am

182_blue wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:09 pm
I haven't done this but they are the same as used on Golf's etc so it might be worth trawling through other busier forms to see if you can find any info.
That's what I also thought. But part numbers are different. Apparently ours is the same as the VW Polo 6C onward. And apparently the one for Golf is a bit thicker. Furthermore for the Golf it has a little hole.
Now while looking at some other online ETKA tool I found out that also the Passat B8 rear logo seems to be the same as ours.

I just want to avoid to have to find out the hard way (opening it myself).
NL: T-Roc 2.0 TSI Sport, R-Line, Energetic Orange. 260hp, de-chromed, Pretoria black rims, Eibach Pro-Kit, valve exhaust
GR: Polo 6N (was 1050cc), 1.6 16v, GT28BB, Lancia Delta Integralle ECU. Ferrari red, custom interior

tiger tony

Post by tiger tony » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:59 pm

According to the manufactures workshop manual, the rear VW motif badge cannot be removed without damage !

But I'm sure someone somewhere has tackled it ok.

Heres the pages from the manual to show how they recommend it to be removed :-

T-Roc 1.5 dsg SEL Silver-White, Black roof. Driver assistance, Rear camera, Keyless, Lumbar, Winter Pack, Towbar, Dash cams, Twin horns and no roo !
Ordered - Sept 18
Collected - 29 Apr 19

doggy

Post by doggy » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:08 pm

tiger tony wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:59 pm
According to the manufactures workshop manual, the rear VW motif badge cannot be removed without damage !

Owh wow! You're a savior; I'm making a copy of these 2 photos (where did you find that btw??)

I've been looking into online ETKA tools and I found this:

Annotation 2020-04-23 150413.png

Now what I'm not getting is if the VW emblem is the one with part number: 510853617A (510853617AFOD) that also fits in my camera-embedded logo.

If that's the case, I can order one online, paint that as I want to and if I break it in my attempt to remove the original one, I'll just install the 2nd one.

Any advice / suggestions will be very much appreciated!

Deleted User 1717

Post by Deleted User 1717 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:14 pm

doggy wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:08 pm
tiger tony wrote:

Owh wow! You're a savior; I'm making a copy of these 2 photos (where did you find that btw??)

Now what I'm not getting is if the VW emblem is the one with part number: 510853617A (510853617AFOD) that also fits in my camera-embedded logo.

If that's the case, I can order one online, paint that as I want to and if I break it in my attempt to remove the original one, I'll just install the 2nd one.

That's from the VW T Roc workshop's body repair manual. :D, I have both the interior and exterior version.
Can't remember where I got it now.

Screenshot_20200423-151712_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

tiger tony

Post by tiger tony » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:21 pm

doggy wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:08 pm
tiger tony wrote:

All workshop manuals, repair instructions, TPI's , software updates etc, are all available online for your particular vehicle and every other VW at erWin. Its the VW dealers service portal for everything VW. http://erwin.volkswagen.de
You have to register with them (free) but there is a small charge to pay if you need to download info unless you are a dealer or have their code ;)

The part number you have is the correct one for the VW emblem. Its the same badge whether with camera or not.

VW factory price is around 23 euros+vat
T-Roc 1.5 dsg SEL Silver-White, Black roof. Driver assistance, Rear camera, Keyless, Lumbar, Winter Pack, Towbar, Dash cams, Twin horns and no roo !
Ordered - Sept 18
Collected - 29 Apr 19

Deleted User 925

Post by Deleted User 925 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:29 pm

Also parts here (carprog2) https://ifinterface.com/page/page3.php?langid=1

Workshop manual here, looks the same as tigers?
https://cardiagn.com/volkswagen-t-roc-a ... -diagrams/

doggy

Post by doggy » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:35 pm

Owh wow! Thank you all 3; I've just ordered a spare part in case I brake mine trying to remove it. :-)

doggy

Post by doggy » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:14 am

Project rear logo finished! Thank you all! New part delivered and painted.

IMG_20200603_194452__01.jpg