Problems with new Passat

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Impala

Re: Problems with new Passat

Post by Impala » Wed May 27, 2020 9:23 pm

The slots are actually thicker than a real SD slot but I tried putting a card into mine and there was nothing there. There was no way I was putting the card all the way in and letting go, only to find my card had disappeared into the void behind the dash.

If you want to take the chance, be my guest and let us know how it works out.
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

vernerbongo2

Post by vernerbongo2 » Wed May 27, 2020 10:05 pm

This turned out to be a verrrrry long topic and it's not over yet :lol:
Manual 1.5 petrol R-line revenna blue with black roof/wing mirrors, mud flaps, towbar.
Registered 24/9/18 bought 10/12/18 (pre-reg with 25 miles) :P

Ray Cathode

Post by Ray Cathode » Thu May 28, 2020 5:49 am

vernerbongo2 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 10:05 pm
Haven't started on internet radio yet - that'll be another half-dozen pages!! :lol:
Passat Estate SE NAV 7 speed DSG
Mar 2020
Area View Camera
Discover Navigation
Park Assist
Proper spare wheel

182_blue

Post by 182_blue » Thu May 28, 2020 7:02 am

vernerbongo2 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 10:05 pm
Yeh and its not even about T roc or even from a T roc owner! 😂
T-Roc 2.0 Tsi R 300bhp.
White with black roof.
Reverse camera.
Electric boot.
Plus all usual extras on the R.

Ray Cathode

Post by Ray Cathode » Thu May 28, 2020 9:01 am

I'll buy one next. Promise!
Mar 2020
Area View Camera
Discover Navigation
Park Assist
Proper spare wheel

182_blue

Post by 182_blue » Thu May 28, 2020 1:09 pm

Ray Cathode wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:01 am
Out of interest why choose the T roc forum over golf etc forums which are generally far busier than this relatively quiet forum.
T-Roc 2.0 Tsi R 300bhp.
White with black roof.
Reverse camera.
Electric boot.
Plus all usual extras on the R.

Ray Cathode

Post by Ray Cathode » Thu May 28, 2020 1:25 pm

182_blue wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 1:09 pm
Ray Cathode wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:01 am
Out of interest why choose the T roc forum over golf etc forums which are generally far busier than this relatively quiet forum.
Purely by chance. I may have used a search engine with some keywords and this Forum came up. It may be quiet around here but there is Passat forum which is about as lively as a graveyard!
Also, you come across all sorts on forums, idiots, smart alec's, PITA's and know all's. Thankfully, this forum seems to be free of those.
Mar 2020
Area View Camera
Discover Navigation
Park Assist
Proper spare wheel

Ray Cathode

Post by Ray Cathode » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:47 pm

For all those, including myself, who almost lost the will to live I am happy to report we seem to be approaching the end of this story. Below are a few emails I recently received from VW and the carwow screenshot referred to in my reply.

E mail from VW 10th June

Dear Mr X,
Thank you for your patience whilst I looked into this matter for you a little further. This has transpired to be more complicated than I had imagined.

As per the brochures available at the time you ordered the car, there is no mention that the car should have come with CD player as standard but there may be an error about the DAB receiver in this literature. This may have changed in later iterations of the brochure but at the time of order, the literature is not clear on the DAB.

There is a possibility that your vehicle may not have been built with all the functionality as advertised which may due to a brochure issue, rather than the vehicle being misbuilt.

Would you be able to send me a copy of the vehicle spec of your order and I will check further to see if any of the in-car features are not present as intended? I am sorry for delays in response at the moment, as you can imagine, we are very busy right now. However, I will endeavour to get back to you with more information once I can check the order against the vehicle profile and the brochure.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards

Customer Relations Manager
Volkswagen Customer Services Centre

My reply 10th June

Thank you for your email. Yes, I agree there seems to have been a lot of confusion surrounding this matter. I have no doubt the brochure may have been slightly clearer, although as you have said, still not decisive on the DAB radio. Also, my understanding is that the Passat range underwent a facelift some time around October 2019. I knew about this when I ordered the car in early November. What I didn't know, or was ever told, was that the Infotainment system would also be changed on this model (SE NAV) and would no longer come with SD card slots, cd player or DAB.

What added to the confusion, from my point of view, was that the SD card slots are still present in the car's glove box although there is obviously no unit behind them. I presume VW do this because it may still be an option for certain territories.

However, having said all that, I didn't buy the car by perusing a VW brochure and then contacting my dealer to order. The car was purchased online through Carwow and I, therefore, only had the online information available. I have already sent you a screenshot of the Discover Navigation system which clearly states the car is equipped with cd player, SD card slots and DAB radio.

I am enclosing another screenshot from the Carwow website which leaves no doubt that the SE NAV comes with a DAB radio.

So the car doesn't come with the cd player I expected and neither does it come with SD card slots. To be completely honest with you I am not that bothered about this as I can utilise the USB port to play my own music - I have already done this. The loss of DAB is more worrying as I really would like this option.

Had I not assumed the car already came with DAB then I would have chosen it as an added option. And because it's an option on new cars I was wondering if there is some way that it can now be installed by VW by installing some code or amending the already installed software? I would be happy if this could be done.
I have already contacted my dealer but he said he doesn't know and would get back to me. That was about two weeks ago.
Regards

E mail from VW 15th June

Dear Mr X,
I appreciate you taking the time to advise of your expectations and the full circumstances of the sale with Car Wow. I am sorry that the retailer have not been able to answer the question for you. I will speak with one of my superiors about the circumstances and see if fitting the DAB is something we can work towards given the circumstances.

The manager in question is currently on annual leave but I understand he returns to the business next week. As soon as I understand VW’s official position regarding this unusual situation, I will you know.

Kind regards

Customer Relations Manager
Volkswagen Customer Services Centre

Screenshot_20200528-143258.png

Mar 2020
Area View Camera
Discover Navigation
Park Assist
Proper spare wheel

vernerbongo2

Post by vernerbongo2 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:27 pm

Ray Cathode wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:47 pm
Below are a few emails I recently received from VW
A complicated one indeed because carwow seem to be partly at blame here too?
Obviously the face-lift version has caused it all.

At least it looks as if something is trying to be sorted out for you.
I hope it works out :P
Manual 1.5 petrol R-line revenna blue with black roof/wing mirrors, mud flaps, towbar.
Registered 24/9/18 bought 10/12/18 (pre-reg with 25 miles) :P

Ray Cathode

Post by Ray Cathode » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:18 pm

Yep, Carwow not innocent at all. I have informed them their website is misleading. There are aerials embedded in each of the two side rear glass windows. Hoping one of these is for DAB, and not AM and FM.
Mar 2020
Area View Camera
Discover Navigation
Park Assist
Proper spare wheel